The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Mini Asrah with Cover and Barbie Doll (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
Does anyone own this- Mini Asrah with Cover and Barbie Doll? I am getting it, but it comes with no instructions. Could someone e-mail me a copy of them if you have it?
Thanks,
Tyler
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
Tyler,

I also use this illusion. I would love to help you out, but there are two different versions. The version that I own is different than the one on retail now. If you could please let us know which version you are buying, I would be more than willing to help you out.

Magically yours,

Matt
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
It's not worth it. I doubt if you can fool anyone with it. I got mine from Abbott's many years ago. But perhaps you can use the table with other effects.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Does anyone else have it? Is it worth the money? Thanks for the info Lou.
-Tyler
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
I used to own the one from abbots. It's a fun trick but not really a fooler. I got it at a convention one time and took it with me to a resturaunt where the rolls were about the same length as the doll. So I whipped it out and did an asrah roll levitation.. Smile
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
I really like mine. I'm not sure who the maker is though. My model actually has a bevelled base which makes it look really tiny and the gimmick is a little different than others I have seen creating a smoother more realistic levitation.

Matt
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

For all of you who don't or do like it, who made it? The one I am looking at is Tannens.
-Tyler
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
I think the original was by John Fabjance. This and several other "mini-illusions" are shown being performed by him on the You Asked For It television series / these vhs tapes were sold not too long ago by McElherny (sp?) in California.
spkrosky
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of spkrosky
I'm not sure I would recommend buying from Tannens these days. I have tried three times in the recent past only to find that what I wanted was back-ordered or no longer available. I have found that these mini-stage illusions aren't very good anyway, so you might think to save some dough. But maybe you can prove me wrong...
HowDini
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of HowDini
I've had mine for many years now and most of the time it sat on the shelf.
Your money would be better spent elsewhere.
Question: How did you do that?
Reply: No! How did you didn't do that, HowDini did that.
JL608
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of JL608
I remember seeing this listed in an old Vic Lawston catalog back in the early-mid '60s (when I was a kid), and thinking it had to be the coolest thing ever. Of course I didn't have the $25 to spend on magic, so I had to pass.

Later UF Grant came out with the "Mummy Asrah", which was just about as goofy. But this time I bought one, and of course never used it.

Later when I saw they started making the doll asrah again I bought one for the shelf. Now my children like to perform it using their Barbies....so I guess it wasn't a completely pointless purchase.
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
I bought this effect, modified it substantially and always use it in my show for very young children. My table is now completely silent and I made my own foulard. The form I made from plastic wire is convincing and folds flat without being stiff. Also, the plastic "arm" has an elbow that links into my gimmicked sleeve cuff, leaving both hands free! I love this trick.
Even less known as David Kidd

Baltimore, Md. Curator of

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
Benjamagic
View Profile
Loyal user
41°02′20″N 73°36′49″W
216 Posts

Profile of Benjamagic
Quote:
On 2004-12-27 14:43, Tyler_Magician wrote:
For all of you who don't or do like it, who made it? The one I am looking at is Tannens.
-Tyler

Tannens Magic Shop has it in stock?
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Take a look at the date he posted:

Posted: Dec 27, 2004

:)

Doug
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Why not just use one of those life-size blow up girl friends and fill it with helium?
Then use a BB gun to get it down or disappear.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
But then is it a magic show or sporting event?

Dan.
Benjamagic
View Profile
Loyal user
41°02′20″N 73°36′49″W
216 Posts

Profile of Benjamagic
Quote:
On 2013-02-27 10:56, Dougini wrote:
Take a look at the date he posted:

Posted: Dec 27, 2004

:)

Doug

oops!!!Thanks Doug!!
T. Durden
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
294 Posts

Profile of T. Durden
Quote:
On 2013-02-27 12:05, spartacus wrote:
Why not just use one of those life-size blow up girl friends and fill it with helium?
Then use a BB gun to get it down or disappear.

...then she hits the ceiling fan and plays hard-to-get.
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
Dougini. What does it matter when the original post was done. Can't someone pick up a conversation? I am new to this sight and look for topics I relate to, it brought me here.
Even less known as David Kidd

Baltimore, Md. Curator of

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Benjamagic asked about whether it was in stock at Tannen's based on this post:

Quote:
On 2004-12-27 14:43, Tyler_Magician wrote:
-Tyler

My response was that it might not be still there today. I thought I was being helpful. Now you PM me and say I offended you?

Sorry. Wow. If that is what I am doing now, maybe I need a vacation from the Café. Smile

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Mini Asrah with Cover and Barbie Doll (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL