The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2005 entrée: David Williamson » » Secret For Rocky » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
leaking secrets
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of leaking secrets
David...although your Rocky performances are awesome....I still think your cups and balls routine with the lemons is one of the most entertaining pieces I've ever seen...the ending with unlimited lemons continuing to pop up is super...sincerely, jack
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
David Greene is normal size...the shells are normal size...it's just that the shells are MUCH closer to the camera.

Sheesh, that was easy!
magicmanr
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of magicmanr
The truth is, the camera adds 10 lbs to your shells and balls.....I almost feel as if I need to censor myself...

Nice to see you Dave....I'm a big fan!
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1104 Posts

Profile of EventEntertainer
Hmmm...I wonder if I could pull off producing Rocky as a final load to the Trade Show Shells??? Something to try...

Dave, rumor has it you will be producing an "Al about Rocky" DVD. Any truth to the rumor?
Consultant, performer, creator, and all around nice guy!
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4826 Posts

Profile of Dave V
David,
There were rumors that the Rocky that you demo'ed with wasn't the one they actually sold. In watching your performance it seemed Rocky jumped higher, farther, etc... Is this merely a technique difference? Or is there indeed a "Mother of all Rockys?"
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

Profile of David Williamson
No Rocky DVD. Don't know where you heard that.

No, Dave I just use over the counter stock. When I was working for Magic Masters I could select the "pick of the litter."
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Has Trump told Whit "You're Fired" yet?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13364 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Say Dave, don't you think the Rocky Instructional video is an idea whose time has come?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

It's been done. I think Jim Pace did one a few years ago. Everything I know about the raccoon could be taught in 5 minutes-not enough for a DVD from me.
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1104 Posts

Profile of EventEntertainer
Great...now everyone's gonna be doing the pirate...
Consultant, performer, creator, and all around nice guy!
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
There is a spring puppet video on the market already. I could be wrong but I think Jim Pace put it out. Sorry if that is wrong.

Here is an idea that I have been using for many years that some of you may want to try.
Add a magnet behind Rocky's nose. I carefully dug a hole under and behind the nose. Dig it only deep enough to house the small magnet. The magnet should be strong enough to pick up a shimmed card but not so strong that it sucks it up right off the table. I used a silver craft magnet. Glue it in with elmers glue and then trim a little hair from his tail where it won't be noticed and using elmers glue the hair over your hole. The glue dries clear and no one ever notices. Now Rocky can do many things. You can shim whatever you want and he can pick it up, like a chosen card for instance. The possibilities are many!
Daniel Faith
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5694 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2005-01-04 20:07, David J. Greene wrote:
Hmmm...I wonder if I could pull off producing Rocky as a final load to the Trade Show Shells??? Something to try...

Dave, rumor has it you will be producing an "Al about Rocky" DVD. Any truth to the rumor?

You should be able to produce at least 2 or 3 real raccoons in those shells!

:)

Welcome David.

Regan
Mister Mystery
David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

Hi Regan,

I can see the magnet in your animal's nose. Daniel's is hidden better.
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
He glued hair over "his hole" ??? Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

He wouldn't be the first!
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
David -

I recently rewatched the TV clip from Japanese TV of you doing "Rocky" surrounded by the cast of the show on your Dave 2 video. That has to rank as one of the funniest segements in TV history. Their reactions barely allowed you to get the various Rocky bits in.

Bill
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I would love to see that clip!
Daniel Faith
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2005 entrée: David Williamson » » Secret For Rocky » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL