The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Card File Two by Jerry Mentzer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mitch
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
157 Posts

Profile of Mitch
My local magic shop has Card File Two by Jerry Mentzer on sale for only $28 Canadian which is about half price.

Wondering if anyone can tell me if it is any good. If so I will pick it up.

Thanks!

Mitch
Mitch Solway
Magi007
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Magi007
I found it fairly bland, with a few exceptions. An odd collection of odds & ends... nothing particularly impressive.
Mitch
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
157 Posts

Profile of Mitch
Thanks....I had not received any feedback on the book yet and went a head and purchased it...I have not spent a lot of time with it yet but someone recently mentioned that it was a good pick up....perhaps I will provide a review when I am done with it...

Mitch
Mitch Solway
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Is it the best book on card magic ever? No. But it has some good material in it and is definitely worth $28 Canadian.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Mitch
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
157 Posts

Profile of Mitch
Yes Scott...you were the one I was referring that mentioned it was a good pick-up.

As I mentioned I have not spent a lot of time with it yet as I have purchased a few books recently...so when I do spend more time with it I will update this post to let others know what I thought.

Thanks,

Mitch
Mitch Solway
Magi007
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Magi007
I am curious what others think of this as well... bomb, fizzle, or bust?
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
Be sure to take a look at these effects in Card File 2 . Some great ones, if I do say so myself Smile

Triple Indemnity. This has been one of my most popular pieces over the years. A multiple prediction "impossible stop trick".

Lucky Card. A very solid two card transpo, and a perfect opener to a card set.

Post-Cards. A unique "spectator finds the aces" using Post-it Notes. At my lecture, this effect always gets a huge reaction from the magicians. For mentalists, the presentation can be re-worked for a demonstration of spectator intuition. Enjoy.

Best in Magic,

Michael Sibbernsen
LouBlack
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of LouBlack
If you can get past the inconsistent writing, "Pressure Point" is an absolute KILLER - I shan't spoil the surprise with a description of the routine. Suffice it to say: marvellous. Worth the price of the book.

The Sibbernsen stuff is also good, and there's a Walton gem hidden in there.

All in all, a completely overlooked book with a few wonderful pieces.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Card File Two by Jerry Mentzer (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL