The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Dai Vernon's Fingerprint Card Trick (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JeffHall
View Profile
Regular user
Davis, California
161 Posts

Profile of JeffHall
Where can I find Dai Vernon's Fingerprint Card Trick? I have heard that this is a very powerful card trick and easy to learn. Is it on tape? Does it have another name?
Thanks, Jeff
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Just search by "dai vernon fingerprint" by Google, you will find many.

Hideo Kato
Tony Noice
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of Tony Noice
It's on the Cervon tape, The Vernon Chronicles (subtitled, "The Lost Inner Secrets"). Vol. 1.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Jeff,
This is probably one of the strongest effects you could do with a deck of cards. I have been using this for about 10 years and I never get tired performing it. It is definitely found in The Vernon Chronicles. Have fun!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
IM sorry I did a search is this the one you were talking about?
Vernon Chronicles - Lost Inner Secrets
That was the oly one I could find. I heard some of his stuff was combined into one book.
sanju
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of sanju
Bob White published a variation of it in his issue of Magic Magazine, that was in November or October?
ABlair36
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
234 Posts

Profile of ABlair36
It is also on one of the Vernon Revelations videos, volume 2.
disgruntledpuffin
View Profile
Special user
i have nothing to say about my
522 Posts

Profile of disgruntledpuffin
Sanju, it was in the november 2004 issue of magic. this is the variation I use of this trick.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
I use Bob White's handling as well.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Dai Vernon Revelations Vol 1&2 on one disc. so I hope to get it soon and learn this effect that you guys are talking about. I was going to ge the books but I couldn't figure out which volume it was on.
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
It is not Vernon's. It is Clyde Cairy's, and originally appeared in J.G. Thompson's book, "My Best". Jack McMillen liked the trick, showed it to Dai, Dai suggested several changes in the handling, and it was included in the Chronicles. It has been referred to as Vernon's ever since, though that is not the case. Oddly, Jack tried Vernon's changes and after doing the trick on request for a client, was approached by the client after the show and asked what he'd done to spoil that "beautiful trick"! Jack was so comfortable with the original handling that changing to Vernon's, with the triple lift instead of two doubles, as Jack had done it for years, threw his timing off and evidently made enough difference that a layman noticed! Jack reverted to the original method and did it that way for the rest of his life, another 30 years! It was, by the way, a signature trick for Jack, along with his own "San Francisco Shuffle", the "Witchcraft Cardrise", Marlo's "Bluff Ace Assembly", and "Three Card Monte"...

"My Best" is one of the great forgotten books of the last century. A greatly undervalued essay in there is one by Charlie Nyquist, on "Alternative Endings". Do yourself a favor and find this somewhere used...

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Andrei
View Profile
Veteran user
Romania
353 Posts

Profile of Andrei
It also happens to be in Daryl's Card Revelations, vol. 2.
Tommy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Tommy Brown
The original title of the effect from "My Best" is "Dick Tracy Card Trick."
Tielie
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Tielie
Can someone in short describe it?
Deal cards, not drugs!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I have :
Inner secrets
More inner secrets
and
Further inner secrets From dai vernon on e-book format but I cant find this trick in here. Am I missing a volem or something?
I have revelations 1&2 and they do talk about it and show it but its more of a brief description of the effect I would want to read more on thehandling and sublteys of this. can anyone help?
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Inner Secrets Trilogy in e-book format?
Would you please inform who published them?

Hideo Kato

I think the best version of this trick is Jacob Daley's 'Poker Face 2' described in December 1971 issue of PALLBEARER'S REVIEW.

Although it is not mentioned as a version of Finerprint Trick, the structure of handling is similar and easily presented as Fingerprint Trick by adding an appropriate patter.

The combination of Triple Lift and Double lift produces a beautiful illusion.

Hideo Kato
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK so does anyone know if its in the vernon books under another name?
Mike Squires
View Profile
New user
Dallas
56 Posts

Profile of Mike Squires
There is a book published by L&L in the "The Vernon Chronicles" series called "The Lost Inner Secrets" Volume One. You'll find the trick on page 136. The book is not limited to card magic.

The Vernon Chronicles is published as both a set of books:
The Lost Inner Secrets (Volume One)
More Lost Inner Secrets (Volume Two)
Further Lost Inner Secrets (Volume Three)

and videos with similar content.

Get the books.

These are not to be confused with another set of books devoted to inner secrets of CARD magic, with similar, and confusing, names.

As far as the Fingerprint Trick goes, Bob White submitted his version of it for inclusion in the November 2004 issue of Magic magazine. You can find a copy of that for $5. I believe his version is an improvement, for reasons known to those who've taken the time to learn both, or who've seen both.

-Mike Squires
My New User status suggests that I've generally known when to keep my mouth shut.
Engali
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Engali
I feel like Paul Harris' Whack-A-Pack(Reflex) has obvious roots in the Fingerprint Card Trick. It really is just a presentational change on the original effect that makes for good theater.

*Engali*
Tielie
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Tielie
Can someone describe the effect please?
Deal cards, not drugs!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Dai Vernon's Fingerprint Card Trick (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL