The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2005 entrée: David Williamson » » Little Known, Best Kept Secret » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
As I read through a lot of these posts, I see a lot of conversation about Dave's performing style outside of the magic convention atmosphere. I feel fortunate to have seen him on a few occassions in the public arena, and he is quite different but just as enjoyable and entertaining to watch. Plenty of laughs.

Anyway...as an aside...not sure if Dave would want me revealing the source of footage he may have wanted kept hidden, but until I hear otherwise....

Many of you have been asking for more of Dave. More books, or video or seeing him in other wacky situations. I can only recommend finding out if Hank Lee still sells the videos of his annual conclave. I have the 1994 Magic Conclave video, and it has Dave at his absolute finest. (or craziest) Such treats include:

1)The Vanishing Willie in the Shower (careful how you picture that)

2)A Dave, Rocky and baby (his son maybe?) cameo during a Mike Caveney lecture. (And Kudos to Mike for never breaking face and continuing straight through with his lecture.)

3)Dave's expert Second Sight Device (AKA using a kid as a scarf)

4)And worth the price of the tape alone...Dave's expert advice on table hopping and what to do if a table declines to watch magic. I will say 2 things...1)A spectator from the lecture audience asked Dave what he would do in that situation. Dave invited him up on stage to assist. 2) I have never laughed with that many tears in my eyes at a magic video as David "literally" brought the house down.

Something to leave you in suspense and wanting more.................After all, isn't that what we as magicians strive for.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I have the video as well. It is very funny! Well worth the purchase for Dave's bits alone.

John
Laban
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Laban
"The Vanishing Willie in the Shower"
:rotf: OMG...that got me laughing so bad..ha ha... I almost lost my Willie

lol Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2005 entrée: David Williamson » » Little Known, Best Kept Secret » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL