The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Fun gag to stop smokers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
babyjoe
View Profile
Regular user
Essex, England
113 Posts

Profile of babyjoe
Here is a fun gag to stop smokers, if they know you and they never get angry then you might like to try this, if they are addicted to smoking, quite tough, or you don't know them, then don't try this

what it is, you have a card selected signed and returend to the pack, you vanish via your favourite method, or you can vanish it as one card, then you put the pack away show there is nothing in your hands and say its in their cigarette, tear their cig, its not there, say its in the other one, its not there, say its in the other one, go thru the whole pack of cigs, and run like the wind
www.armagic.co.nr

Always Growing, As a Performer and As a Person
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
At the price of cigarettes these days ... you just might get whacked for that!
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
I like the idea but isn't it bad to destroy something someone has payed for?
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Yfirum
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Yfirum
Sounds fun, if you have an extra pack of cigs in your pocket to give away. seems to be a bit pricey. maybe I'll try it on my father... Smile
PROFED
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago,Illinois
229 Posts

Profile of PROFED
Great gag, however, the odds are that you would be ble to perform it only once.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
As Tom Mullica said during his torn bill trick (Notice I didn't sat torn and restored. Just torn).

"Do this to a freidn or do it to someone you don't know. But if you do it to someone you don't know. Have a friend with you" Smile

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Its very funny but out here I think I would need to think very closely about that. Im a smoker"although hopefully quit tonight as a new years resoloution" But I think I would probaby hurt ya. Or at leas t make your wallet dissapear.
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
You're just asking for trouble if you do this. Maybe with one or two cigs it would be ok, but if you destroy someone's entire pack that cost them about 4 bucks.... eight dollars in NY, you are asking for a pounding. Go ahead and do it and after you are released from the hospital, let us know how well it went over.
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
dengez
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
245 Posts

Profile of dengez
Go to Staten Island, do that, and die. Smile
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
You're "Destroying something they paid for"??? Well, they don't seem to have any trouble with destroying something else which belongs to them, they got for free, and is irreplacably more precious.....their lungs!!

And don't worry too much about getting a 'pounding', I've never met a smoker I could'nt flatten. Or if youre small....theyre also a cinch to outrun. In fact, if you want a bit of visual humor, watch a smoker try to sprint....the sounds which issue from their chest resemble what you might hear if you tried to feed a steel chain into the garbage disposal of your sink.

Now don't get the wrong idea, I'm not one of those anti-smoking facists who thinks that smokers shouldn't be allowed to eat in restaraunts or walk the streets, but if one ever blows any of that cancer-inducing smog toward me...there's gonna be a scene, and.....................What was this thread about again? Oh right, that card trick. Uhm....dumb trick, no one's gonnan fall for it beyond the 1st cigg.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
The fact of the matter is the magician would be destroying someone's personal property. To me, that is a no-no and against the law in many states, so tread lightly if you plan on actually doing this. Doesn't really matter if you are anti-smoking or not. If you destroy something that belongs to the spectator during a performance, you are really setting a bad impression for other magicians. Next time they see a magician, they are going to think of the punk who destroyed their cigarettes. Frankly, you must be joking about this entire thing. I am having a very difficult time taking this one seriously. If you want to do an anti-smoking trick, check out Ron Jaxon's "Outsmokin'". Cute trick with no destruction of personal property.
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
LOL babyjoe did you expect these kind of responce?
babyjoe
View Profile
Regular user
Essex, England
113 Posts

Profile of babyjoe
Come on it was a joke, if they aint addicted to smoking and they are a good friend and don't get to stressy then fine, you could do the trick and give them the money (although they'll probably buy another pack), maybe do it to one or two then that wqould be better, that way its like if say you dropped your bisuit or someone took a few fries from your mcdonalds, you get it
www.armagic.co.nr

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
NO brother we all get it . don't take the wrong way , were just letting you know if you were intending to do this you might want to be careful.
MagikMike
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of MagikMike
Funny, but not realistic.
"What's your father's occupation?"

"He's a magician"

"What's his favorite trick?"

"Sawing people in half."

"Gosh! Any brothers or sisters?"

"One half brother, and two half sisters"
Thirston
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Thirston
I think maybe this is a funny joke but maybe if I know a little more how to do it but I do not smoke and my family only smokes is my father. maybe if I take his cigarette he will not be too happy.
ace_spade
View Profile
Regular user
Ontario
135 Posts

Profile of ace_spade
Ok,I tried this on my dad ,after you posted it and I will tell you how it went:
First He picked a card and signed it and then I lost it in the deck and made it vanish.
So far so good.My Dad has this humongous smile on his face .
I tell him that it is in his ciggarette.
His face looks surprised but curious.
He hands me a ciggarette and I tear it in two.His Grin is starting to fade,he reminds me of the price of ciggarettes,and we move on.
I tear another cigarette and he starts getting mad.
Right now I am getting scared,cause I know how my dad gets when he is angry.
But I move on one by one

Sorry I am back I was trying to type as I was doing the trick .
That pause was my dad beating me bloody.

This is something how this "GAG' would go
"Believing is seeing" Smile
silapmata
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of silapmata
Bj make the pack levitate & dissapeared in the air that's a challenge
babyjoe
View Profile
Regular user
Essex, England
113 Posts

Profile of babyjoe
The wierdest thing, was that I found this in a kids book of the Svengali deck, I mean telling that to a kid, that just man slaughter or murder
www.armagic.co.nr

Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2005-01-03 10:10, JoeJoe wrote:
At the price of cigarettes these days ... you just might get whacked for that!

And they won't just whack you with a ruler! Cigs are more addictive than heroin, from what I hear. It's bad enough hearing their acid tongue when someone suggests that they quit smoking.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Fun gag to stop smokers (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL