The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2005 entrée: David Williamson » » YOU GOT KIDS!!! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nostrings
View Profile
Loyal user
Newport News, VA
292 Posts

Profile of nostrings
David,
Big fan of yours (6'2 280 lb), awesome to have on here. I've notice the mention of your kid(s) in a few of your posts, that's the kinda stuff I wanna hear about. How many kids, and what are their ages, and what do you like to do outside of magic? On that note what kinds of non-magic things might you do in you act for laymen? Oh yeah that's what I wanted to ask you, I've read a lot of the posts that mention your performances for laymen vs magicians, How would you ,kinda, sum up your performance for laymen,such as, style , use of comedy, frame of mind,and just basically having the highest entertainament value? Two more whats is the name of or where can I find the card effect you did on one of the slieght of dave videos where you have ith audience turning over cards per your instructions but theirs aways end up "WRONG"? And last but certianly not least, how did you suck up the dental floss (in the clip with the race with the kids)on the same video? I tried it but it didn't turn out that well, being a grown man the doctor treating me just didn't believe me when I said "I don't know" when asked how it happened, anyway enough about me, I would just really like to know so I can put the whole thing to rest. Again I'm a huge fan.

Thanks,

ADAM
RonCalhoun
View Profile
Special user
Independence, KY USA
588 Posts

Profile of RonCalhoun
David I remember meeting your son at Magic Fest about two years ago. He's a very nice young man. I told him we all though his Dad was pretty cool. I'm not sure if he believed me.
I make videos
David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

Profile of David Williamson
Ron

He knows better.

Adam

Ben is 13 and Anna is 6. I don't have much of a life outside of my family so mostly we just stay home (Yellow Springs, OH) and fart around (litterally) with our 3 dogs and 1cat.

For laymen I'm just some big idiot who does magic tricks. I don't put too much thought into my character or persona-I just try to be myself and let the audience get to know me, and I them. I don't take too much of this stuff seriously and I certainly don't take myself seriously.

I think you are talking about Vernon's Varient. I did a gimmicked version for the TV show in England. Uses 1 double backer. The string trick was shown to me by a French circus performer who Gaeton Bloom was dating years ago. You have to create a lot of suction...as you found out.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13173 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Yellow Springs, Ohio.
Where is that?

I also lived in Ohio. Besides Athens, and Sylvania
Get this...

I lived in Centerville... (the west part of the state)
and
I lived in Westerville... (the center part of the state)

go figure.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

Yellow Springs is between Xenia and Springfield. Not too far from Centerville.
nostrings
View Profile
Loyal user
Newport News, VA
292 Posts

Profile of nostrings
That's awesome, its still hard to imagine David williamson having kids, I don't have Magic Farm but in Slight of Dave you look way to young to have kids
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
There is an actual place called springfield????????????????????? Smile
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2059 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
David, what was the show called you did over here?

Matt
David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

It was called OperaCadabra. I thought I coined the name, but found out that a local theatre company was using the same name!
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18550 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
First time I saw the string sucked up trick was by Gus Davenport in England. Jay Marshall, Al Flosso and I went out to his home to visit. He did 17 straight tricks that none of us had ever seen. An amazing guy.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
Quote:
On 2005-01-04 00:28, David Williamson wrote:
I don't put too much thought into my character or persona-I just try to be myself and let the audience get to know me, and I them. I don't take too much of this stuff seriously and I certainly don't take myself seriously.

David -- this is one of the most amazing things I've read about you! The creation of a performing persona is usually the most difficult part of developing a character, and here you "just did it."

Absolutely astonishing.

Matt Field
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
How far is yellow springs from cincinnati, that's where I live but Ive never heard of yellow springs before, I also have grandparents in Mansfield any where close to there?
Paul
David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

Check out a map. I'm 1 hour NE of you. Not far from Dayton.
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
Ok, not to far then thanks
nostrings
View Profile
Loyal user
Newport News, VA
292 Posts

Profile of nostrings
David can I come run sound for you or something at one of your performances for laymen

Please,

Adam
isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
233 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
I get to Yellow Springs every year while working the Ohio Renaissance Festival right outside Cincinnati. It's a lovely town with wonderful little resturants and shops. A great little artsy town. I love it. I have a bunch of friends that live there. Any of you that get a chance check the town out.

Isaac Fawlkes
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13173 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Xenia. That's where some huge tornado was when I was a kid.
I like Ohio.

Is there a magic mecca in Ohio, kind of like the magic castle?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

In a word, no. Although Milt Larson was looking at Cleveland a few years ago for a Magic Castle east.
Bill Wells
View Profile
I.B.M. forum Staff
Lexington, VA
456 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Quote:
On 2005-01-04 00:28, David Williamson wrote:
The string trick was shown to me by a French circus performer who Gaeton Bloom was dating years ago. You have to create a lot of suction...as you found out.

David -

I don't buy a lot of video tapes. I find most of the magic is better if I fast forward through it and I go to sleep during the explanations. However, I somehow got your Dave 2 tape. After that wonderful clip of you and Rocky on Japanese TV, I got through whatever magic trick you explained and imagine my surprise at seeing the clip of your performance at the Baltimore IBM convention. You were doing the dental floss trick and one of the kids assisting you was our then nine year old son George. George (now almost 23)just graduated from college and while he was home for the holidays we played that portion of the tape for him. He stills remembers your crazy show and the transposition of the kids underwear trick as well as trying to suck up the string faster than the little girl you kept assisting.

Thanks for the wonderful memories !!!

Yours is one magic video we will always keep.

Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2005 entrée: David Williamson » » YOU GOT KIDS!!! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL