The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2005 entrée: David Williamson » » On the Loose in Portugal » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jeline
View Profile
Regular user
Baltimore
149 Posts

Profile of jeline
I love the bonus footage on your DVD's of you in Portugal. How did that come about? Did it air in Portugal? And any other thoughts or comments on those clips? Thanks!
Jeff
David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

Profile of David Williamson
Hi Jeff,

I posted this elsewhere but here it is again:

I know what you mean about that song. Luis Dematos invited me over to Portugal to do some bits for his series. We had so much fun at the Lisbon FISM that he thought we could re-create "the magic" for his audiences. We hopped in a car with a camera crew and drove all over Portugal to mess with people. The schedule was insane, Luis was an evil task master...we got up at the crack of dawn and would shoot 'till dark. Then an all night editing session and up again after a couple hours sleep to do it all over again-for 7 days!

We didn't really plan anything ahead of time-and it shows! Luis would stay out of the picture because he is such a big celebrity that people would mob him. But if we got in a jam or needed permission to do something dicey-he wouls appear and all doors would open. It was cool.

One episode of "Where's Willy?" would run each week during his series. It's a bit much to take them in one after another. At the end of the series we did a "live" bit where I finally found the studio and came charging in through the studio audience with various people from my travels in tow.

I have fond memories of the country and the fabulous people. Anyone who has met Luis knows what a fantastic person he is.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5535 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
If you are talking about the FISM stuff (I don't have the DVDs yet) It was live in Portugal, and then on tape. I walked by while they were filming the bit where Dave KO'ed the guy's wife, and boy the wine throwing incident, well, you had to be there to grasp it in all its glory.

Sometimes Dave crosses the line as entertainers can often do, but this time it fit right in with what was going on for real!
Rafael Benatar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Spain
148 Posts

Profile of Rafael Benatar
Hi Dave, I was in that live show in Coimbra and it was hilarious. Loved the bit with your kid (Ben?) and the sponge balls from the mouth. He was brilliant.
David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

Profile of David Williamson
Hi Rafael. Happy New Year.
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18565 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Rafael, what city do you live in? I might be nearby in September. (Sorry Dave, but he's here and I needed to contact him)! Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Rafael Benatar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Spain
148 Posts

Profile of Rafael Benatar
Pete: I live in Madrid, but I'll see you earlier in LA. I'll PM you with more details.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2005 entrée: David Williamson » » On the Loose in Portugal » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL