The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2005 entrée: David Williamson » » Couple of questions » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jason London
View Profile
Loyal user
Napa Valley
207 Posts

Profile of Jason London
Hi David!

Great to have you here!

What were some of your favorite effects to perform when working restaurants? And, with your style and humor, how did you approach the tables?

Thanks!
Jason London

This space for rent
David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

Profile of David Williamson
Hi Jason,

When I was working tables full time my set was usually
spoon bending routine
quick card effect (ambitious or T&R Transpo)
Ring & Rope
Cups & Balls

also might do sponges, salt trick, coin effect of some sort usually pencil thru quarter

I found the honest approach worked for me-I'd walk up and say hello and ask if they'd like to see some magic. Didn't really have any clever come ons.
Aubrey de Wet
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa, Johannesburg
111 Posts

Profile of Aubrey de Wet
Aaargh

That ring & rope routine of yours is classic. I almost always start a 'show us a trick' set with that at home. It really is exellent.

Also, I already said somewhere else, I saw that Ambitious Card of yours on British TV maybe 10 years ago - you ended where the three cards in your hand all turn out to be his card. But a moment later all of them change back to indifferents. Very nice.

(Don't you get sick of all the praise everyone is showering on you...?)

Aubrey de Wet
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2005 entrée: David Williamson » » Couple of questions » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL