The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2005 entrée: Larry Becker » » Larry Becker - a little background... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
LARRY BECKER - Internationally acclaimed mentalist, author, lecturer and winner of the prestigious Mentalist of the Year Award. Recipient of the Psychic Entertainers Association Award for outstanding contributions to the Art of Mentalism. Winner of the Milbourne Christopher Foundation Award for outstanding contributions to the Art of Magic. Author of five best selling books on the subject of Mentalism and Magic. A member of The Society of American Magicians Hall of Fame. Awarded the Lederman Award by the Psychic Entertainers Association for outstanding creativity in mentalism. Member of England's prestigious Magic Circle MIMC with Gold Star.

Larry Becker is a native of Baltimore, Maryland. Following a 35 years career as the creative partner of a large New Jersey advertising agency, Larry retired to Boca Grande, Florida in 1985. In 1990, Larry and his lovely wife April moved to Carefree, Arizona where they now reside. Larry has extensively performed and lectured for over three decades throughout the United States, Canada, England, Europe and the Far East.

In March 2000. Larry was inducted into the Society of American Ma-gicians Hall of Fame in Hollywood, California. The Museum of the International Society has honored stars of Magic from Harry Houdini to David Copperfield. Larry's display features the equipment he used in the worldwide performances of his death defying Russian Roulette.

A prostate cancer survivor, Larry currently presents an entertaining program, "Expect the Impossible" which encourages men at risk to have an annual prostate cancer checkup. Larry and his wife, April are co-founders of the Prostate Communication Resource, a non-profit prostate cancer information and education organization
--------------------------------------------------------------

"I had not seen you perform before and attended because of Bob Brown's high praise. The praise was not high enough. Your effect on an audience is at once electrifying and at the same time subtle and soothing. Your presence, command and graceful humor is as good as the very best in the business. I hope when I get an additional 35 years of experience I can aspire to your level of skill, talent and audience rapport" - J. Scott - Sacramento Super Symposium

"You have gone on to become one of the greatest, if not the greatest entertainer of mentalism in the world today. I am really proud of your accomplishments. Indeed the magicians and mentalists of today, tomorrow and the future will forever be indebted to you for your legacy to the art of entertainment" - Ray Corbin - Past National President, Society of American Magicians., Member of the Magic Hall of Fame

"Your performance was the highlight of the evening. While your effects are excellent, your personality and dramatic presentation were absolutely outstanding! It's wonderful to watch the master at work. Thank you again for an inspiring performance, you per-sonify entertainment" - Society of American Magicians - Tucson, AZ.

"Larry Becker will amaze and amuse you. He'll make you think and make you laugh. Using what he calls, "heightened sensory perception", he will seem to know what.s on your mind before you yourself know. He will predict with amazing accuracy your actions before you make them. He seems to read with your eyes, hear with your ears and think with your mind. Yet, he shows you that it's all explainable by some of the more obscure principles of psychology. And he'll show you how this can be part of your everyday life. You'll enjoy and remember this unusual and highly entertaining artist" - EUROPEAN TOUR Review by Fergus Roy in Abracadabra #2262-June ' 89

"What is it that makes Larry Becker one of the most entertaining men-talists in the world today? Very difficult to answer as he presents his effects casually without dramatics. While the effects are clearly mind blowing and totally inexplicable, they are entertaining because he keeps the mystery, audience involvement and delightful personality in a con-stant and perfect balance. Often he uses two and even three principles in one effect, but it is the boldness and natural misdirection behind a suave facade that really impress. It was a privilege to have seen this master of mentalism at work" - ARTHUR DAY (Blackpool Lecture in England

"I feel that I must write and thank you personally for the superb lecture which you gave at Blackpool last Friday evening and which I was lucky enough to attend. It was both entertaining and enlightening and an object lesson in itself, on how a lecture should be presented. Everything that you did and showed was professionalism to the extreme" ( Larry.s note: That evening I was honored to have performed before Australia's great magician, "Murray." At that time he was confined to a wheelchair...but his kind praise gave me a thrill I will never forget) - SACRAMENTO SUPER SYMPOSIUM - John Scott

"Your seminar was unique, beautifully done, and more generous than any magical event in my memory. In my performing past I have only occasionally and peripherally used mental "stuff." Having seen the extraordinary impact of your material, I am going to add at least one feature mental item to my shows. I'm still trying to digest the enormous number of brilliant feats you presented. If the seminar had ended at lunch time I would have felt you gave ten times the price of admission in usable, stunning magic. I also applaud your courage in discussing your cancer and thank you a thousand times for letting us know about the P.S.A. test. I have requested my doctor to arrange one, for I do not want to get sick out of ignorance. Thank you.

I had not seen you perform before and attended because of Bob Brown.s high praise. The praise was not high enough. You are the consummate performer. Your affect on an audience is at once electrifying and at the same time subtle and soothing. Your presence, command and graceful humor is as good as the very best in the business. I hope when I get an additional 35 years of experience I can aspire to your level of skill, talent and audience rapport. You turn magic and mentalism into high art. Yes, you entertain admirably, but much more important, you affect people in a deep, wonderful, emotional way. Few performers ever achieve that. I feel fortunate that I got to share in that. Bravo!

I must tell you, having seen the very best magicians in the world, I have never, as an audience member actually perspired, as I did during your presentation of Russian Roulette. Larry, I was sweating! That was the most riveting, thrilling demonstration I've seen, bar none. What a tre-mendous pleasure it was to watch you and meet you
" - DONALD BEVAN (Editor of Abra. Review of Bristol, England lecture

"For more than ninety minutes, this was entertainment and capital instruction. Everything that Larry Becker does is highly visual, uses audience participation, is often colorful, or amusing, or stunning, or a combination of all three. Currently on a European tour, Larry can be seen at several venues around England for the next two weeks. If you get a chance, see him. He.s dynamite!" - STEVE DUSHECK (Magazine article)

"Do you do mentalism? Then be sure to see Larry Becker, Max Maven and Kreskin. They are completely different. A dumb theory we hear about not using playing cards to do mentalism is shattered by these performers. They make their own rules" - QUINNIPAC COLLEGE LECTURE - Bob Evans

"I attended your lecture at Quinnipac College in Hamden, CT. I.d like to take this opportunity to say that the lecture was one of the most practical I have ever attended. Your presentation proved again that mentalism is the highest, most sophisticated and subtle form of magic" - DESERT FOOTHILLS WOMAN.S CLUB (Margaret Stewart)

"Undoubtedly you could tell by the response of the 107 ladies in your audience yesterday how delighted they all were with your amazing psychic performance. I'm sure it.s a reaction you receive over and over again. In the past we sometimes judge Woman.s Club programs by how many ladies left during the performance. In your case, appointment and urgent errands were abandoned as you kept everyone in the palm of your expert hands. Thank you for providing a sensational opening for our new year. And for delightfully confounding the Desert Foothills Woman.s Clu" - DESERT FOOTHILLS WOMAN.S CLUB NEWSLETTER (Gladys Anderson)
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2005 entrée: Larry Becker » » Larry Becker - a little background... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL