The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Re-milling Coins (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magic.42
View Profile
New user
USA
72 Posts

Profile of magic.42
I've done the remill work using a jeweler saw. I a lite stroke in each groove. It's not hard, but is very time consuming. That was twenty years ago. I now just put a full sheet of 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper (soaked for 10 mins or more) in a coffee can, the ruff side facing in, and swirl the coin so it "rolls" arounds in the can. Do that for 30 seconds and see if you find it easier to palm. Done right this makes micro impressions in the coins edge and doesn't really remove any metal ( it gives a kind of satin feel to the edge). It works well for me. You can change the grit and the amount of time to suit your needs. Be gentle with silver coins and I wouldn't do this with a gaff coins. For shells, I wipe them down with alcohol and then rub them against a small block of violin rosin (about $3.00 at most music stores). I find this improves my ability to palm coins.
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
Use a slitting needle file and be gentle
kotrozo
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of kotrozo
Hello, boydy, do you use a specific size? there appears to be large range of sizes available.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Re-milling Coins (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL