(Close Window)
Topic: PR Stunt
Got to do a PR stunt outside for a company, donít really want to do a Straight Jacket from the burning rope thing, I got a budget but few ideas, but its got to be big. Donít really want to do something thatís been done before? What could I do?

J
Just about anything just because there is a budget. you can always borrow things to. what are you capable of doing.
Like most PR work this will depend entirely on the budget.
Have the company pay for the advertising and for your time to do the escape. or include it with your fee.
What sort of area is in front of the company's building? Is it city square or street, or do they have a patch of their own land in front? Do they have any decorative features outside (sculptures, raised logos, maybe even ornamental lakes or fountains) that could be worked around in order to get them into the press photos and garner extra publicity for the company?

All these things will obviously influence the possibilities, give us some more details! :)
Message: Posted by: Dr_Stephen_Midnight (Jan 22, 2005 10:52AM)
Just as important: what kind of company is it?

Like a good trade show magician, you should try to work out something that puts a positive spin on the company.

Steve
I can see where you guys are coming from. The company has a large lake in front of thier HQ so I was thinking of some under water type stunt. Say an escape from a cage?

j
Even from multiple cuffs, rope and chain underwater could do well.
Just be sure you get out.
Hey don't worry about me I will get out of the escape I going to do, just want to to pick your brains guys!

J
You have to answer Dr. Midnight's question. If they make locks, it would be a poor idea to escape from a rig secured by one of their locks. If they are an insurance company, have them insure you for your death-defying escape. If they make those big trash compacters that crush automobiles into cubes of metal...

Yours,

Paul
Agreed with the above, what does the company do?
The company insures you so you don't get sued.
Message: Posted by: Dr_Stephen_Midnight (Jan 25, 2005 08:53AM)
Ah...
Do something where you are completely encased, and put their logo on the item.

The spiel:
"Full coverage...to get you out of tight spots!"

Steve
I like that Steve. Really Good.
How about a Big Giant Size Jelly/Jam Jar. and one can say I will be attempting to get out of this Jam. :)