(Close Window)
Topic: Valentine's day table hopping
The big "cupid's day" is approaching and is busy time for dining out.

What effects do you use that cater to Valentine's Day dining couple?

I have my own handling of "Lips"--marketed effect.
Also, "cards across" between the couple, I like.

What are your favorites for the romantic couple ?
Sponge ding-dong...sorry I had to be the first. Anniversary waltz. Anything that can be placed in one person's hand can be placed in two people's hands...one palm up and one palm down. I use couples to hold things all of the time.
2 hearts that beat as one. Two people each select a card and sign it, one person on the front one on the back, the signature vanishes off of one person's card and appears on the back of the other signed card. As they both hold the card in their hands.
I have a new effect (well a twist on the above one) I came up with for my girlfriend where 2 cards are signed on the faces and then the backs are found to have hearts drawn on them. To finish the 2 signed cards melt togather to form a double facer with both names on it, a real "heart to heart" gift if you know what I am talking about.
Boutaniere, from Chap's Scrapbook (a production of a carnation from a seed dropped into the top of your fist), rings together on wand (IT effect), ring that goes uphill on a rubberband, paper hat tear (if you can find any!), vary snowstorm in china to a shower of little red hearts (plays VERY well, trust me) and the napkin rose all work for me.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
Doc Eason's Anniversary Waltz.

Use lip prints instead of finger prints to locate cards.

Idea - Classic F.... a card on a lady ( a 2 or a 4 ), have her lip print the card in the center - Ambitious Card Routine with card ending somewhere near her partner. Under his drink, napkin, plate, or if you can do - in His wallet.
Paper napkin rose.
Flirttrick from "The Very Best of FLIP 2."
Also check out "That's Amore" ebook by Nate Kranzo. You will find something in there to perform on Valentine's Day (or any romantic situation).
Sankey has a nice quick card effect for a romantic couple (either Sankeys greatest hits or anytime anywhere, I'm not sure). Basically you draw two seperate heart shapes on the back of a selected card. Then with an erdanse colour change the two hearts are now visually linked together! The card is of course given out as a souvnier
Yes bond19 that is a nice effect. For those who have not got this dvd then 2 words... GET IT - Jay Sankey's FIRE STARTERS.

Out of all of Jays dvds/videos I personally think this is one of his best. It has the routine bond19 explained above on it but the whole dvd is packed with effects related to ' Love ' :beatingheart: or more so if you are trying to chat up or impress women, then these are the tricks you would do! Seriously get this dvd & it is perfect for valentines day. The advice and tips he gives away is worth more than the price of the dvd itself. It is a very fun & enjoyable dvd and the tricks and effects are very good and strong. I give this 11 out of 10 :lover:
Hi Sibbie,

Thanks for the kind comment! Here is a link to the ebook...

http://www.hismagic.com/?page_id=39

Only a few days left!

All the best,

Kranzo
Message: Posted by: Daryl -the other brother (Feb 11, 2007 06:34PM)
[quote]
On 2007-02-11 00:13, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
Hi Sibbie,

Thanks for the kind comment! Here is a link to the ebook...

http://www.hismagic.com/?page_id=39[/quote]

I bought this E-book last night after reading this post. The down load came immediately and I got 4 great ideas on up-gradeing my routines on the first reading. Wedding magic is a big part of my business and this book is full of great ideas that will fit perfectly. Oh yeah, the tricks aren't bad either.
Here is a joke you can share while table hopping during Valentines

Three handsome male dogs are walking down the street when they see a beautiful, enticing, female Poodle.

The three male dogs fall all over themselves in an effort to be the one to reach her first, but end up arriving in front of her at the same time.

The males are speechless before her beauty, slobbering on themselves and hoping for just a glance from her in return.

Aware of her charms and her obvious effect on the three suitors, she decides to be kind and tells them, "The first one who can use the words 'liver' and 'cheese' together in an imaginative, intelligent sentence can go out with me."

The sturdy, muscular black Lab speaks up quickly and says, "I love liver and cheese."

"Oh, how childish," said the Poodle. "That shows no imagination or intelligence whatsoever."

She turns to the tall, shiny Golden Retriever and says "How well can you do?"

"Um. I HATE liver and cheese," blurts the Golden Retriever.

"My, my," said the Poodle. "I guess it's hopeless. That's just as dumb as the Lab's sentence."

She then turns to the last of the three dogs and says, "How about you, little guy?"

The last of the three, tiny in stature but big in fame and finesse, is the Taco Bell Chihuahua.

He gives her a smile, a sly wink, turns to the Golden Retriever and the Lab and says…….

“liver alone. Cheese mine."
Stardust transposition / Cosmic Fusion -Kostya Kimlat
Jay Scott Berry's Third Dimension is a nice effect, and makes a great give-away.
Patrick Flanagan
How many of you use the Poodle trick or Mode's Napkin Rose? I have used both in my restuarant work they go over verry well with the ladies...young and old.
Message: Posted by: Daryl -the other brother (Feb 15, 2007 09:16PM)
I make the roses in my wedding reception work alot. They are a great give-away.
For Valentine's Day, I do the napkin rose for the single women. For the couples, I don't.
Tony,
It is even better when you do it for a couple...if you give the guy all the credit. I do something a lot different with the paper rose, but I start it by claiming that the man called me earlier this morning and asked if I could do something special for the woman. Opportunity for some fun by-play. I make it as if it was his idea, and that it is a gift from him. Then after the rose is produced, I give it to him to give to her. Try it!
Pearl poodle is, also, a great give-away, so is, as I mentioned earlier, a sponge heart using jay scott berry's third dimension. I had to have the hearts special ordered, but I got like 1200 of them. Regardless of the give away, if it is with a couple...i always make it seem like it was the guy's idea for the gift.
A problem concerning women and give-aways is who gets them? I've solved the problem of showing favoritism to the "pretty woman" or simpathy for the "not so pretty woman". When I'm at a table with more than one woman, I simply ask who has a birthday coming up next. This, also, solves the jealousy boyfriend/husband problem, because I'm not focused on any specific woman...just the one who happens to have a birthday next. Then, if the next birthday woman has a date with her (boyfriend/husband), I go to the part where it is his idea for the gift. Hope that all made sense.
Patrick
Patrick

I do palm readings at the table. After I've held her hand for 10 minutes and discussed things HE does not even know, I don't give her a rose. I still have all my teeth and plan on keeping it that way.

It might be a bit different if I was doing table magic.

Tony
Worst night of the year....so...busy...still.....recooping.....

Money wasn't bad though...but man...it was busy.
Luckily, I didn't work on Valentines day. I'm not sure it would be romantic to bring your date to Red Robin...just not my idea of romance. :)

Best,
Steve
Okay,

Valentine has come and gone. Anything good stories to share.

Tony