(Close Window)
Topic: Handlordz Motion's DVD
I was too slow and I couldn't buy a copy. Was anyone here able to buy (hence buy) a copy?
Personally I Don´t think the DVD exists at all, I think it was just put up to advertise Handlordz more.

I wont go much into dept on it, if you wanna know fully what I think I suggest pm: ing me.

---

But if the DVD really exists: Well, the DVD is made only for serious card manipulatiors and were only sold to a few people.

(But personally I believe more in the part above the line.)
I bet it exists. We all know De'vo is a very creative man when it comes to card manipulation.
I actually feel pretty depressed I wasn't quick enough to buy a copy.
It "sold out" in something like 15 seconds, don't sweat it.
My email was on the whole day and when the 'pop up' of a new email appeared, I immediately opened it and was told that the motion dvd was available.

However, after logging to the site of xtremehandz, it showed that it was already sold out and that it was sold out in 10 mins

a bit weird if you ask me....anyway, it doesn't matter necause none of us will ever get to see footage (provided if it exists) or even proof of its existence. Hence, no point wasting our time debating of the dvd's existence.

maybe one day we will find a demo clip of someone performing flourishes which we have NEVER seen before and was told that the creator is De'vo. Then perhaps we can conclude if $150 is well paid or not.

cheerios
There is a trailer on one of the underground sites...
Johnw188:

It doesn't really help by just STATING that theres a trailer available in an UNDERGROUND site cos anyone can do that.
[quote]
On 2005-01-29 09:56, ClouDsss wrote:
Johnw188:

It doesn't really help by just STATING that theres a trailer available in an UNDERGROUND site cos anyone can do that.

[/quote]

Helping what cause? He was just replying to the thread and providing additional information for those interested.

MOTIONS may/may not have been produced, and it may/may not be some marketing scheme by De'vo, but no one really knows except those who supposedly received it, so until then, I say we stop assuming and using it as a blatant opportunity to create more and more friction. Now THAT'S not useful.

C.
[quote]

Helping what cause? He was just replying to the thread and providing additional information for those interested.

MOTIONS may/may not have been produced, and it may/may not be some marketing scheme by De'vo, but no one really knows except those who supposedly received it, so until then, I say we stop assuming and using it as a blatant opportunity to create more and more friction. Now THAT'S not useful.

C.
[/quote]

CLJ:

perhaps you do not understand my previous post. I was not out to argue about the existence of the DVD. I couldn't care less if it was a marketing strategy or some hype. I have bought De'vo's stuff and know the superb quality of his teaching methods and the superb flourishes that he creates.

I was jus hoping to see if the DVD was worth $150 and was hoping that there was some demo or trailer. That was the help I wanted. to be able to see whats in the DVD if there is a demo and was hoping someone could shed some light on that. It was not out to argue about the existence/

By saying that there was a trailer on an UNDERGROUND site by someone who just registered into the Café and his previous post were mostly on the arguements of how great De'vo is does NOT help. Much less the fact that he only mentioned that there was a trailer and no one has even seen or seconded it.

fyi I wasnt creating friction. I am just another person who hungers to see what new stuff has been created by him. Hope I made myself clear this time if I wasnt previously

PEACE
I checked up all files that was in the Handlordzstore directory, some stuff you havent seen there yet, and I gotta admit, some REALLY WEIRD stuff there, messed up images and stuff there, a picture of someone there, might be De´vo, who knows lol. Anyway, there was no trailer of this DVD in there so good luck.
If it was sp underground why the heck would he put it on a known server?
I got access to both underground websites and I have something that sniffs up every link on a HTML page, impossible to hide.

So if its linked from the Underground page like stated above, it doesn´t exist.
I managed to get access to one of his UNDERGROUND website from handlordz..other than a creepy looking eye that resembles the sauron one in Lord Of the Rings and a black hooded figure at the bottom, there are jus some hidden links around that page. jus move ur mouse around.

but I went thru everyone of the movies but nothing much on fourishes and so far no trailer.

heard he has 2 more of such sites..will continue to search and post any new findings.

cheerios
Thanks from us all!

Good Hunting!
So? Does this dvd really exist? Or will it be a mystery that will live forever?
The dvd has been in the making for a while now and released to the very few. I believe it's out there ~ if you don't then it really doesn't matter. It's like the moon landing, most people know Neil went there, others think it's a load of balloney.

Motions may be released again in the future as well so I've heard. Just good luck laying hands on it.

Antz
For 150.00 bucks they can keep it. I don't care if they made 1000 of them and listed them all day long. I would have to see a full demo showing every single thing on the dvd. From 37 different angles. I still wouldnt get it most likely. When it comes down to it. There just is no dvd worth that much. For that price you can buy 6-8 well known killer dvd's and have 20 times the material. There are a lot of great dvd's out there.
Hehe... let me add nothing to this thread by saying LOL LOL LOL~

-Kev
Hahahah, unlike some people Kev. You always have something great to say. I like reading your comments.

Keep up the good work. don't forget to tip your hooker.
Hey Guys

I just received a newsletter from handlordz with a link to the trailer of MOTIONS.

I went to download this close to 8 meg mp4 file and was extremely disappointed. *Sigh*. there was no flourishes or what so ever in the trailer.

The clip opens with a short cemetory scene with 2 graves. Then it goes on with the "HANDLORDZ" slogan. Afetr this it talks about the legends of flourishes, etc and that they "LIVES!" then ends with "MOTIONS" and some copyrighted stuff, and that english and german versions have already been produced. De'vo's name appears and ends. LOL

What a disappointment. Was really hoping thay De'vo would be kind enuff to put at least ONE flourish so we can see how underground it really was. Anyway, just fyi, the newsletter stated that owners of the DVD will see a much longer intro with the flourishes. Guess we really have to hope that one of those people who DOES own the DVD be willing to perhaps post something in this forum and shed some light.

Anyway, at least there is a trailer :P (Not that it proves much LOL but its still a start to this unsolved underground mystery)

cheerios
First off, it's not worth sweating about whether the DVD exists or not. I believe it does exist. The only "mystery" is whether or not he will be releasing it to the public as well later on.

If he showed any part of the move(s) contained in the DVD, it wouldn't be underground, would it?

From what I hear, each of the trailers that the lucky people received have their own subtlety so that De'vo can tell them apart. If one person leaks the trailer, he will be able to find out who was responsible.

Just because some lies have originated from the Handlordz Forum doesn't mean EVERYTHING is a lie :P It's in De'vo's potentital to put out wicked card manipulation moves, so I have no doubt that this "Motions" exists.
Yo peps this DVD is there , because I know one of my friends has it.And as one HL's Team members said other day in chat, there will be some demo's.
I'm pretty sure motions exists. Shark Attack on Penguin forums is getting it. You can ask him about it. He flourishes with Jerry and stuffs.
I have a Rhetorical Question, that I'm not willing to put up on Handlordz, cuase I don't know De'vo or Jerry, or too much XCM although I really dig it..

But on the post where HLSquad says it sould out in like 10 mins..
He states that a couple people bought multiple copies..
Then he states that you have to sign a secrecy agreement to get it.

Wouldn't the whole purpose of the buying MULTIPLE copies, be to turn around and sell them at a profit... so if you're enforcing a SECRECY Agreement, you think you wouldn't allow MULTIPLE copies to be sold to a single buyer.

Anyhoo... Whether the DVD does or doesn't exist.. I don't like the secrecy.. it's just shady..
HL could have kept the DVD really underground by not even letting any of us know of its existence. That way, none of us would feel bad, and the people that have the DVDs could maintain their secrecy.
If this motions DVD is a fake, then the purpose of HL doing all these is to make us discuss/argue/talk s-h-it/bash/bootlick or whatever, just to make them more popular. It's just like the media. The more rumours or gossips about a particular celeb, the more attention he/she gets! So lets not fall into this and help promote HL indirectly by talking anymore.

Let the Motions pass. Pass Motion.
[quote]
On 2005-02-04 22:09, anime_file wrote:
I'm pretty sure motions exists. Shark Attack on Penguin forums is getting it. You can ask him about it. He flourishes with Jerry and stuffs.
[/quote]

Off course Shark Attack "got it" as Shark Attack is De´vo!
And that is some obvious stuff, haha.
Thought the ones that are getting it can't tell anyone about it? Guess Shark Attack's gonna get attacked then.
Haha, De´vo must really be a masochist if he attacks himself. :D

But I dunno, maybe you get a little confused when you are Schizophrenic.
Shark attack is black Harwin, Unless De'vo is black with white hands.. which could be freaky o.O
Anyone can give the black some money to pose for a picture. How naive of you anime_file. Guess too much anime ain't good after all.
Hahah Devo's a marketing genuis that's all I'll say.
Hey MichalMystic, are you the dude that was on the first superhandz forum? I remember someone with a name like that
Exactly, I could as likely be black, all pictures and videos of me could either be transformed with the face transformer website thingy, and I could have changed my skin color in all my videos, you never know.

Haha, I know De´vo is sharkattack already so there´s nothing to discuss. :)
I do believe that De'vo's Motion's DVD does exist. As rkzad mentioned, De'vo is fully capable of making excelent material as seen from the past. On the Handlordz Forums, Jerry himself has posted a review on the Motion's DVD:

"De'vo Vom Schattenreich has returned to his underground roots with his latest project. De'vo's new Motions DVD is an amazing production, both for the cutting edge editing and the surprising new concepts behind the name. The feel is a blend of the gritty and shadowy with state of the art effects. This complements the ultimately complex nature of the manipultions. You need to see things from many different angles becuse the "components" are constantly moving. Although the presentation differs substantially from CTG and Cobra, there is still a driving, focused cohesiveness to the footage that is thrilling and fascinating. A lot of the new presentation techniques are in part, tests of the techniques to be offered in Extreme Beginner's. No, Motions will not be on Extreme Beginner's, but the editing is a sample of what is to come in terms of an overall thematic approach. Ironically, Motions is far more of a system than the "System."

How De'vo thought of this particular modality is beyond me. I have invented a lot of flourishes, and I am proud of my creations, but De'vo never ceases to astonish me with the originality of the basic concept, and then the degree to which the concept can be brought to fruition. I think the reason you see a lot of minor variations of basic themes out there is because it is easy to do someone else's move and then alter it. You've got the move to start. De'vo invents the move from nothing. That is not so easy.

Motions is a true system, infinitely variable and with interchangeable components. The basics are actually fairly simple, if only you or I had thought of it. I have already got a couple of the basic configurations. The advanced moves will take several months, the super advanced moves could take longer. This is the first suite of moves I have ever seen with so much built-in variety. The fluidity and genuine non-stop nature of the manipulations are as addictive to watch as they are to do. I can't wait for some time off to really explore some of the more improbable "tricks."

This is an extremely limited edition DVD, with each copy slightly different to trace unauthorized copies. One of the motivations behind limiting the release of this work is limit the extent to which the move is copied and claimed. I must admit a selfish satisfaction in this, as I would love to use the material for a while before it gets out. It is bound to get out, sooner or later, although every recipient is sworn to secrecy and each copy is unique. When it does get out, it will spread as quickly and as thoroughly as Sybil did in the 1990's. The original Sybil concept was around for a while before it was published and the hive took over.

I won't be selling or uploading my copy; instead I'll be wowing my spectators with something as fun to do as it is to watch. I'm not trying to sell more copies for De'vo either - there are no more. I do want to be the one to say "I told you so," when, sooner or later, everyone is doing Motions. For now, De'vo has provided a true underground treat for a handful of dedicated fanatics.

Jerry"

SirPoBoy
If motions exist, it MIGHT have better editing than the system, but if that is the case, De´vo has released several products before and I think he knows more about movie making than Dan & Dave. You can compare someone who practised something for a short while with someone who did it for a life time.

Also, as De´vo and Jerry are close friends it´s quite obvious that he advertises his friends product rather than someone he never spoke to at all.

I don´t know. If it really exists, he will for sure release it to public in a little while. If it doesn't, like it think, it is just to advertise HL.

The more events you do, the more well known your name gets.

That´s what he wants.
The trailer for this dVd is insanee! De'vo has has the talent to make anything and he prolly can make another insannee dVd. Im jus gonne have to wait for the beginers dVd.

Rev
Reverse:

Where did you see the trailer? If its the one in the xtremehandz website then I have watched that. But where is the insane thing which you mentioned? It doesn't show any moves at all jus some words about the legend living today and then more words and then 'motion' by De'vo.

Pls let me know if you have another trailer that has moves and hence is insane. Having been trying for eons to find one

cheerios
I don't believe that one with moves exists.
Yes it do exist. Great dVd and good trailer I lyke Devo's style

Rev
Haha, 90% of all members supporting De´vo lately have very few posts.

Well, it is like 1-2 guys writing all the stuff anyway. :P

If the trailer really was that underground, he wouldnt put a video of it on the internet at all, only on the DVD.

But if it is like he claimed, that he made every trailer a little bit different, well, he has lots of free time then. Takes a while to change something in each video, write it down, and RENDER the video.

I saw no-no even though some HL people a few days ago says the motions DVD leaked.
Who said it leaked? haven't heard that yet.
too bad.
And it's not that hard to make it a little different.
You could just make the "!" at the end of a sentence a different colour. No one would notice. would take a afternoon, but I believe even De'vo has a free afternoon sometimes :)

Imp
It is certainly possible that HL is stirring up a Hoax DVD to get some popularity. It would not be the first time it's been done. And I really wouldn't hold it against him. But I think the fact is that I got banned off of HL for my previous comment pointing out that the secrecy policy and the selling multiple copies to one person, just doesn't match up! I don't think that really proves or disproves the rumor. But I have a theory somewhere in the middle.
My theroy is that the Motions DVD will be coming out eventually, and that all this commontion is just to build the hype up, increasing sales. Of course only time will tell.
But if HL is being completely truthful, then 20 Asian people have 10 Copies of the Motions DVD, GEE do you think it'll leak???

[quote]
On 2005-02-13 13:57, Imperistan wrote:
Who said it leaked? haven't heard that yet.
too bad.
And it's not that hard to make it a little different.
You could just make the "!" at the end of a sentence a different colour. No one would notice. would take a afternoon, but I believe even De'vo has a free afternoon sometimes :)

Imp
[/quote]

OHHHH !! I just thought up another conspiracy theroy...
it's BECUASE De'vo made EACH DVD a little Different, THAT's Why the Asian People Bought MULTIPLE COPIES... they are trying to FIND the small Difference Then they will be able to Work Around it!!!
Say IMP is correct and a ! is a little different on each one, the people who purchased the multiple copies will mass produce the DVD compeltely with out the !

Whoooo Hoooooo.... I'm going to Check Ebay right now... It'll be Leaked out in NO TIME
LOL

Weak minded fools, you say this is to make HL more popular, HL is popular, with Superhandz.com getting about a gajillion hits, your all jealous whining cry babies, just stick to what your good at and go watch your little Casino and Buck DVD's
No one ever said they didn't want HL to be popular or sucessful. I wish them all the luck in the world.

*edit*

Heck I'm D/L'ing round 2 of the tornament right now.... I love this stuff
Hey(!)

Quit knocking Asians. You think we just pirate everything and anything?
This fighting or arguing between each other is getting old.
The funny thing is The Bucks, De'vo or even Caps has done nothing to hurt "Card Manipulation/Flourishes/XCM" (Whatever term you want to use). Yet theres fighting about whos whatever blah,blah,blah! It's people like Magicmakers that we should all be bitching about.
De'vo's back on Café to bash Asians now instead of the usual Singaporeans.
Stay tuned, next time it will be Homo Sapiens, Humans only.
Sorry Guys, Allow me to clear up my previous post referring to Asians.
I was simply refering to this post at Handlordz:
http://p210.ezboard.com/fsuperhandzfrm66.showMessage?topicID=7.topic

It actually states that it was a few "Japanese" people who purchased the multiple copies of the motions DVD, thus selling it out.

For the record, my Brother is Married to a nice Japanese gurl and I have two wonderful Newphew's. So I in no way was trying to be biased, I just couldn't completely remember the context of the post.

Sorry bout that.
If there are people who bought multiple copies for redistribution, then it's possible we will see them in the future for purchase. (If they exist of course).
Yea, Ive been trying to watch what I say. Every post I write the last few days is one that I end up taking off. I wish once you deleted what you wrote that it would just not show up. Since the dvd's are coming out real soon I am trying not to get in any beef with anyone who might bash me just to bash. So some things are better left unsaid. You most likely will not see a lot of posts from me for a minute. I kind of thought it was funny myself that like the last 5 post are nothing so I just put no comment so I didn't have another blank.
ANyway just to tell some of ya's THE DVD is leakd and might soon spread out.SO look around and from what I saw its not worth 150$ anyway maybe people whot bought it thinks its worth 150$.As I know some of my friends here wont BELIEVE it ITS FINE those who wants to believe it believe if NOT its fine too, soon you will see , and one of HL members sold it to another guy for 250-300$ and that guy is giving it away now.SO just look around and you get might get a hand on that copy.BUT there is 1 TOTALLY INSANE " out of mind" flourish in the DVD that will crack your mind and you will think how in the world this guy "DEVO " who has no life then playing with cards" came up with this concept .. this thing as some already mentioned on HL site,Maybe that is worth 150$ LOL else I donno . OTher stuffs I think someone will come up with..
How much did devo pay you to say that. Hahahah

Just kidding

No really, how much
To summarise

I think what he was trying to say is that the dvd was leaked out and a HL member profited from it by buying at 150 and selling at 250-300. Now the new owner is distributing free copies so we should look out for it (must be de'vo's enemy I guess since its such a disrespectful thing to do to the owner)

That theres an insane flourish inside which might be worth the 150 but otherwise, its not worth that much.

And that he doesn't give a toot if anyone believes him or not that the dvd exists

Phew......i think it should be quite close to his meaning took me a couple of re -readings before being able to understand LOL :P

cheerios
Haha, it wouldnt surprise me if they say its me who bought it for that much and put it up for all. :P But nah it isn't, I don't buy air for 300 bucks. (Air as it doesn't exist, that is.)
The Motions DVD does exist if you think from a logical point of view.

I don't think De`vo or any other person will actually spent $10,000 - $30,000 worth of video editing equipment just for marketing purposes. The handlordz store probably haven't even hit above $10,000 in profits yet.

No doubt that maybe the Motions DVD may leak out. But it's only a matter of time. $150 dollars may not be worth the cost of the Motions DVD, yes/true. I think the price is more towards for funding other stuff and being able to purchase it as a public person.

Motions DVD to me = CTG's Heaven Display. It won't cure cancer. It's just an underground concept not seen by ordinary people. Simple or hard doesn't matter.

These are my comments and opinions on the Motions DVD.
[quote]
On 2005-02-17 08:49, Clarence wrote:
I don't think De`vo or any other person will actually spent $10,000 - $30,000 worth of video editing equipment just for marketing purposes. The handlordz store probably haven't even hit above $10,000 in profits yet.
[/quote]

Why not? Companies paid 2 million dollars for a 30 second slot during the SuperBowl... Also, the equipment purchased can be used for the rest of his life. It's not like he simply purchased it for "marketing".

I am not sure what you're thinking but I can guarantee you they eclipsed the $10,000 mark long ago. For instance, CTG is on it's 2nd printing. 2 printings equals 2,000 DVD's usually. At $50 a DVD that = $100,000. Now I realize that it costs money to make money, but even if half of the profits for CTG went to production, they are still $50,000 in the black. Now that is only CTG, not Cobra or the 2 printings of the Encyclopedia.
I promise you Motions is not a marketing scam. It is a DVD that contains some of the most Underground moves ever created. Each move ingeniously has traces of some of the moves our heros and legends created.

-Dai
So, about 2 years later, whats the popular consensus about this DVD? Is it real?
Nobody knows, I'd like to believe it does exist though.
I attempted a move from the Motions DVD and my left hand fell off....and then exploded.
Has anyone else noticed the fact that every other product on Handlordz which has sold out is listed as "No Price" where Motions does indeed have the price listed? Strange...
Such an amazing concept, yet no videos or moves have ever been seen of it... All of the copies went to unnamed people in Japan... Each reciever of the DVD had to sign a contract binding them by law never to sell the DVD or tell anyone they own it...

Waaaaaaaay to convenient. I don't think it exists.

-Vince
Vinnie, what are you doing? Aren't you a Mod on HL?
How is one supposed to get access to underground material? I mean, I know its supposed to away from the general public, but isn't this going a bit far?
[quote]
On 2007-09-28 18:33, 4Jacks wrote:
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing...

What happened? I was beginning to think De'vo really was just a big teddy bear...
Message: Posted by: Xtreme Manipulator (Oct 8, 2007 12:23AM)
I own a copy of Motions which I will be selling to the highest bidder on e-bay in about a month. It's awesome material, with incredible concepts. Really boosted my flourishing.
Awesome. Why not make a video of some of the concepts? I, for one, would love to see them.
I will be stalking ebay for the next month.
[quote]
On 2007-10-08 01:23, Xtreme Manipulator wrote:
I own a copy of Motions which I will be selling to the highest bidder on e-bay in about a month. It's awesome material, with incredible concepts. Really boosted my flourishing.
[/quote]

Ouch, you're in trouble. :P
Message: Posted by: Xtreme Manipulator (Oct 11, 2007 07:38PM)
Why am I in trouble? doesn't someone want me selling it. I bought it, I reserve the right to sell it.
Because if you purchased it from HL you signed an agreement never to sell it.
Its all hype and when theres enough hype, then capt'n HL will probably make one then to boost sales..
[quote]
On 2007-10-11 22:46, 4Jacks wrote:
Because if you purchased it from HL you signed an agreement never to sell it.
[/quote]

Then when you DO eBay it, certain people will make sure they are the highest bidder, just so they can find out which copy it is and nail you to the door.

If it exists, that is.
How would they nail him for pretending to sell a dvd that don't exist?
They couldn't. But neither you nor I can say with any real conviction that it does or doesn't exist.

I'm keeping an open mind.
Message: Posted by: Xtreme Manipulator (Oct 13, 2007 01:43AM)
I didn't buy it from HL I bought it second hand. I signed no agreement. And besides on the advertisement they say that you can sometimes find copies selling for $1500. They wouldn't put that in an advertisement if you weren't allowed to sell it.
[quote]
On 2007-10-13 02:43, Xtreme Manipulator wrote:
And besides on the advertisement they say that you can sometimes find copies selling for $1500. They wouldn't put that in an advertisement if you weren't allowed to sell it.
[/quote]

Gotta love how contradictory that is. :D
They said the same about the cobra cd...
Supposedly the Schattenreich DVD is gonna have some stuff from the motions DVD.
Message: Posted by: Xtreme Manipulator (Nov 8, 2007 05:41PM)
Guys

Change of plan,

I will be selling it on the forum to whoever PM's me with the highest offer.

Let the bidding begin.
Haha, so some John Doe is going to win it? I wonder if even this John Doe will be existant. :)
[quote]
On 2007-09-28 18:33, 4Jacks wrote:
[/quote]

Long story dude. Let's just say that De'vo changed much less than we all thought.

And whether or not I am a mod somewhere, that cannot stop me having basic common sense. It would be a serious drop in integrity if I were to think all was well and fine at HL just because I am, was, a mod.

-Vince
Message: Posted by: Xtreme Manipulator (Nov 18, 2007 05:07PM)
Guys, this guy will not be a john doe. I'll let you all know who it is, at the moment the highest bid is $2500, If he wants to let you know his name, that's cool with me.
$2500... Yeah right.
I sent you a message. How do I know it is the real DVD? Can you post a picture or a video of the DVD and main menu screen?
Message: Posted by: Xtreme Manipulator (Nov 20, 2007 10:46PM)
I have asked permission to put the name of the $2500 bidder on this site, haven't heard back yet.
Where are the pictures and screen shots you promised?
You do not own a copy of De'vos Motions DVD. You were lying to me.
Xtreme Manipulator, got those pictures/video ready yet?

-Vince
Just in case anyone was wondering, it wasn't me who offered $2500 for the DVD.

'Cuz I know that someone, somewhere is thinking "That old man Stoneunhinged has too much time and too much cash on his hands, and he's got some kind of De'vo hangup."

:cowboy:

Jeff
Message: Posted by: Xtreme Manipulator (Dec 16, 2007 07:58PM)
The guy who has made me the highest offer has requested that I do not place his name as the highest bidder for all to see until he is certain of making the purchase. I know that puts me in a bit of a tough spot but I'm willing to give proof of the purchase to anyone who wants it.
[quote]
On 2007-12-16 20:58, Xtreme Manipulator wrote:
The guy who has made me the highest offer has requested that I do not place his name as the highest bidder for all to see until he is certain of making the purchase. I know that puts me in a bit of a tough spot but I'm willing to give proof of the purchase to anyone who wants it.
[/quote]

Just shut the **** up.
Let me guess you'll post the name in about a month.
Let me guss he'll never post the name...
[quote]
On 2007-12-16 20:58, Xtreme Manipulator wrote:
I'm willing to give proof of the purchase to anyone who wants it.
[/quote]

Right, I want it. Send away.
Well, see, he has a high bidder, but he hasn't sold it yet for some bizarre reason. He's holding out for 3K. After that he'll hold out for 4K, then 5K, and so on. So there will never be a proof of purchase, because he'll never actually sell it.

And why won't he actually sell it?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.
I wrote De'vo about this and here is what he wrote back
"That guy does not have the Motions DVD and is full of (edited)"
I also have a copy. I won't sell it, but I'd gladly trade it for the statue of liberty, (or best offer).
For anyone curious, it was I who offered the $2500. I do not intend to buy any DVD from him, in full knowledge that it does not exist. I offered the price on the grounds that I was provided proof of his ownership of the DVD, he provided me no proof, nor did he provide the rest of you with any, either.

I hate to do that, but that's what it took to show conclusively that he was lying to us. And now we know for sure.

Also, how would De'vo know that this guy doesn't have the DVD? He could very well have gotten it from someone he knows who managed to buy one, De'vo would have never known that the DVD passed from one person to another. He cannot be so confident that this guy doesn't have the DVD unless the DVD does not exist. :P

-Vince
Well, well - looks like case closed to me.

Apart from the fact that I can't for the life of me figure out why the hell he finds lying on public forums exciting...

Nice work though, Vinnie.
Well I just read this whole thread, I think

1. xtreme manipulator is a pathological ******bag

2. motions does exist because from the way Jerry reviewed it , he was pretty specific about certain aspects of it, that would have been hard to make up, and I don't think Jerry would do that.

3. everyone that says motions doesn't exist is going to look really stupid when shattenreich comes out and motions is on it

case closed!
Not quite, Trashman.

Honestly, we need to be a little less trusting of people simply on their word, with absolutely no proof. The details Jerry gave are NOT hard to make up, in fact he was extremely vague! No doubt to "protect the secret". I could have given an even more in-depth review for Motions made up on the spot.

Not too many people imply that De'vo doesn't have some move called "Motions", or a sub-concept called "Motions" or something like that. What we are saying is that there never was a Motions DVD, and this claim is not only impossible to disprove (because there is no proof to counter it), but it is ALSO backed up by inconsistencies and conveniences in De'vo's story.

-Vince
Hmmm that is an interesting point... well, I guess there is no way to really know if the DVD is real without watching it, but you could say the same thing about God right?

I guess the question I would have comes down to motive. It doesn't make much sense why both De'vo and Jerry would lie about it existing, because since it's not for sale they have nothing to gain from creating stories about it.

But hey I guess for all purposes, because we can't obtain it, it truly doesn't exist for us. Neither does the dragon in my garage: http://www.users.qwest.net/~jcosta3/article_dragon.htm
The same can be said for a number of topics; you can't prove something without proof.

Motive? Marketing. It is a genius and very profitable marketing stunt. This sort of "mysterious, underground DVD detailing a 100% original concept that is totally revolutionary" stuff is the kind of thing that'll get someone attention. And he got a lot of attention from it, him and Jerry both. :)

-Vince
Here's something interesting...check this out:

http://superhandz.yuku.com/topic/581

Testimony by over half a dozen people of its existence.

Thoughts? ;)
Thoughts? Well, I'm too lazy (and disinterested) to read the entire thread, so I skimmed it very fast and got the impression that LESS THAN TWO SECONDS were shown of the DVD. Which proves it exists.

Actually, I'm all for this sort of thing...hype and mystery and more hype. I like it.

But does Motions exist? Who cares?

The cool thing is when all of you younger people get charged up and do incredible, NEW, creative things. Going beyond XB should mean thinking up your own stuff, don't you think?

Do it. Go out and make up the sickest, newest, most incredible moves and give them cool names and make videos...and forget about "secret knowledge" in some video that no one has seen more than two seconds of. The real secrets lie in your own hands and your own imaginations. Then old guys like me will come and learn about 1% of what you can do, and we'll all be happy.

That's my sermon for today.

Jeff
[quote]
On 2008-03-19 10:23, Hawk-Eye wrote:
Here's something interesting...check this out:

http://superhandz.yuku.com/topic/581

Testimony by over half a dozen people of its existence.

Thoughts? ;)
[/quote]

Consider what De'vo says:

He only showed it at the "private jam", in other words, to people who are already totally devoted to him and will do anything that he says for any reason.

Second, he didn't show any footage; no moves. I can easily whip up a DVD menu and some fancy graphics in an hour. :P

Come on, now. This is an easy one.

-Vince
I posted the link merely as food for thought. Don't take that tone with me, young man.
[quote]
On 2008-03-26 03:24, Hawk-Eye wrote:
Don't take that tone with me, young man.
[/quote]

Oops!
[quote]
On 2008-03-26 03:24, Hawk-Eye wrote:
I posted the link merely as food for thought. Don't take that tone with me, young man.
[/quote]

Sorry, pa. :(

But seriously, no ill-will or negative intent meant at all. That's the trouble with the internet, it can be hard to tell how people are saying what they're saying. xD

-Vince
Sorry to revive a dead topic, but any news on this DVD?
The concept (at least part of it) may probably be publically released on De's next DVD after XB2. of course it will likely be a year at least before that comes out, it's called "shattenreich" or "shadow empire".
Now also bear in mind that De'vo's much-hyped "Schattenreich" DVD has been cancelled. :P

-Vince
[quote]
On 2008-11-10 13:48, Vinnie C. wrote:
Now also bear in mind that De'vo's much-hyped "Schattenreich" DVD has been cancelled. :P

-Vince
[/quote]

really?? dang, I was looking forward to it.
ah well
What!!! Where'd you here that! It's still being advertised on his website.
It was announced recently in the forumz. De'vo essentially retired from public sales and performances, I think that superhandz/handlordz will still release some DVDs in the future but it could possibly be from other people. the concepts of "motion" or Shattenreich release isn't totally out of the picture, I don't think it's going to be publically sold, but a small number of members of the HL forum will likely get to see the material some day.
[quote]
On 2008-11-14 01:54, Colin Mandel wrote:
What!!! Where'd you here that! It's still being advertised on his website.
[/quote]

That info was taken from De'vo himself on his forums. He said he may be planning a "public version". But the main, underground version with his most treasured material will stay underground.

-Vince