(Close Window)
Topic: Next step in performing?
I've been re-practicing magic for a year, (I started doing magic again after a 10 year pause) and so I feel more comfortable and I can perform many tricks well. I’m increasing and studying the art more and more every day. I could say I have some material for a complete routine or for some improptu situations. I know the passion (I’m a performing musician) is maybe the only thing that makes us go on. The passion of making magic, not for ourselves or for the people, but for the joy that comes from it for everyone, is the thing hat makes us think: "Well, let's try it another time to make it perfect.” Not the fact to be “cool” to the eyes of the other people. That said, I think that I need some “pulls” to make my art better. For example, I think that my playing style was incredibly increased by playing live and with other people, and I think that the same thing could be valid for magic(that I assume is very close to the art of music). The problem is that now I cannot think to a next step. I always performed for single family members or occasionally for some friends and due to geographical problems, the nearest magic club is out of reach for me. What do you think my next step should be?

Thanks
Metius
Contact a local organisation & see if there is a night of entertainment or a street festival or school show you may wish to perform for!!

Good Luck
Why don't you try it in your favorite bar? That's where I still practice most of my tricks...
Metius

I have not been to Italy, so please excuse my ignorance if these ideas do not apply....

How about hospitals? Nursing homes? Senior centers?

~ fredrick
Metius, you mean that you just walk into a hospital, open a door to somebody's room you don't know, and ask if you can perform some magic tricks?
Most hospitals have dayrooms where mobile/semi mobile patients can watch T.V, and believe me they will MUCH prefer to interact with a magician then stare at the idiots lantern for 6 hours. The old folks home in my town is where I perform most often, and I must say I have met one or two of old card sharps in there! ;)