(Close Window)
Topic: One handed circular fans.
Well, I know basically how to do one handed circular fans, I met a card manipulator who did one in each hand on a magic convention, I got him to show me in person, really nice flourish I must say.

But this isn't really published anywhere, is it? Just curious about it, and where to turn if you would like some advice on the move.
I think there's a bit in the bible on it. according to some posts on this forum:

http://www.dananddave.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=91

that I was reading earlier it might be in there? but there's some good tips by Cassini whoever that is. and kevin.
It depends what you are talking about. Eddy in the Dan and Dave forum is talking about the Right-Hand One Hand Blank Fan/ Left-Hand One-Hand Indices Fan found on page 115. I am not sure who the originator of the move is though. If you need some help on the move ask Jerry himself. Otherwise if you weren't talking about that fan, there is another fan where it gos a full 360 degrees where the finger is in the middle. I believe it is created by a magician named Zenneth Kok. I am not fairly sure whether it is his, but that is who I had seen the move done by. With the One Hand Indices and Blank Fan you can do the S Fans and "Windshield Wiper" fans which Jerry does in the 1st Volume Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes DVD.

SirPoBoy
The bible has all you'll ever need to know about one handed circle fans. One handed left indices, one handed right indices, the list goes on.
Zambooni, not all I ever want to know, that fan is not included.

You make a normal one handed fan (The kind you do in Josh Sadowskys fan flip move) and then you move the long, ring and pinkey out of the way and to the back and move the rest of the cards down into a circle. Like Sirpoboy said, the end display is of the index being right in the middle, all other fingers are behind the circle fan.

Romans advice in the dananddave thread sounded good, I will read that and try.
Harwin's right, the fan isn't taught in the bible. It does have a bit of a mention, but its just Jerry saying he's not going to teach it :)
Yea, you guys are right, its a bit too early right now. My bad.
Maybe it's the one handed circular fan in Jeff McBrides manipulation video volume 2.

Hiro
Nope.
If I'm not mistaken, Charlie Frye also excecuted this move as a flourish during his performance in Eccentricks 1. I've also seen Zenneth Kok do it, and it looks pretty Schweet!! I HAVE heard tell about some other people who have a better handling for these with a FULL DECK even, but for now... seek, and you will find ;)

-Kev
Kev, I heard Bone does it really well but he seldom performs it though.

My problem with the move is with the cards separating at the top of the circle.
It's called the Sanada Fan. I worked on it for a LONG TIME, but finally got it down. There are two ways to make it, though. PM me with specific problems, and I will help you as best as I can.
Are you talking about the one that Jerry does in the XCM box demo video? Cuz I saw the fan, an then just recreated it in my own hands, fairly simple to do, very difficult to get perfect fans like Jerry's. I suspect that tooks lots of hard work.
Nah, it's a fan that looks like a lampshade ~ soughta.

It's one handed and goes all the way around to an almost perfect circle. Zenneth Kok showed it in Roooony's Superhandz montage video.

Antz
[quote]
On 2005-02-07 20:28, Antz wrote:

It's one handed and goes all the way around to an almost perfect circle. Zenneth Kok showed it in Roooony's Superhandz montage video.

Antz
[/quote]

Ya, I remember seeing that and freaking out. It seems like it ould be the same movement as the Flipback Fan by De'vo with around 20 cards used.

I'd love to know if there is a resource for this.

Jason
Jsut wanted to thank ZOmbie for the tips he gave me, I just did one that actually looked good, so I guess I'm progressing. I will keep working on it, great move.
We'd like to see a vid once you've got it down :).

Jason
Nah, I┤ll keep it to myself.

You can see mansum do it on Magic video depot though, his user name is... mansum
Harwin: Not a problem. I'm glad your progressing. The sanada fan is really a great move.
This is a nyce flourish It lookes lyke to me as if its those automatic fans.

Rev
I think I might of saw the one you're talking about, I dunno

Here's a link:
http://www.phunds.net/handlordz/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=BurnsR2B3.wmv&directory=Burns&

I hope that link works.
Anyway it's Burn's Tornament Video on HL... If you pause it at 52 seconds into the movie, I think he is doing the one you're talking about. I think Burns is on this forum too, I dunno, if so, great job Burns.
Anyhoo, looks like he comes really close to completing a 360.
Hope that helped!
Yep, he began the move, but never did the hard part, he did the easy part though, the normal one handed fan. :P The hard part is to get all cards around, and that was not close to a 360.
ROFL, It was Close!!!!
Well it was a Junk load better than I can do.
Beside Burn's has the best moves on the HL tournament so far, so I'm not going come on here and tell him he didn't complete the move.
Anyway he'd still be a good one to talk too, I'm sure he just didn't complete it, because the video had to be uncut and he had already completed all those other fans, I bet he CAN do it. =■
Maybe he can DO it, but certainly not PERFORM it. If so, he would have succeeded most likely on both tries.

It wasn┤t close at all, the part that comes after is what makes you drop the entire deck, so the part he did, that is just to do a one handed fan, and that's easy stuff. To get the fingers past the fan is a little harder (But still not super hard.) and he did that as well, but he didn't do the real thing.
What the hell is up with my shiznit. I have a bad boy pc and the newest version of windows media. Every time I try to open this and a lot of other videos it brings up the message box that says, "cancel", and "more info" and they tells me nothing. Any of you all know what the deal is.
Actually the 360 degree fan can be done better using the flipback fan technique whereby your pinky is the only finger.

The one handed fan index finger is what Burns did?
Can you do it Clarence?
[quote]
On 2005-02-14 19:36, Harwin wrote:
Maybe he can DO it, but certainly not PERFORM it. If so, he would have succeeded most likely on both tries.

It wasn┤t close at all, the part that comes after is what makes you drop the entire deck, so the part he did, that is just to do a one handed fan, and that's easy stuff. To get the fingers past the fan is a little harder (But still not super hard.) and he did that as well, but he didn't do the real thing.
[/quote]

Well, not to be rude, but if he can DO it and not PERFORM it, he's still closer than YOU =■
4Jacks, I can also DO it but not perform it. :P
Do is to be able to do it every once in a while. Perform is to succeed every time.

I have practised it a lot lately.

Clarence, sound intresting, as I have practised the flipback fan quite a bit lately. Will look into it. And yep, Burns did the right one, however not the whole move, but he tried to do the right fan.
Well then you and burns can both eat my shorts!

j/k

I'm going back to working on my one handed revolution 3 then, just can't get it right.
Hmm.... bone's tornado loopz video has him doing the sanada fan... I have the video. Should I show it or let you guys wait for his site to be back up instead? ;P
LMAO Ur wrong Illogician! bone is reeeli doing devos flipback fan not the sanada fan

Rev
Hehe exactly, It┤s flipback fab. A *** good one as well :O. Bone tried to show me the Sanada fan on webcam 2 days ago btw but he was a little rusty on it, but I am sure he can do it.
Ic, this makes sanada fan more interesting but ***, the tables are turned on me. Now it is I who needs to wait for CC or a video to be up. LOL. wait, I havent checked out the mansum dude at MVD...
[quote]
On 2005-02-14 20:59, Chris Keppel wrote:
What the hell is up with my shiznit. I have a bad boy pc and the newest version of windows media. Every time I try to open this and a lot of other videos it brings up the message box that says, "cancel", and "more info" and they tells me nothing. Any of you all know what the deal is.
[/quote]

Mine at home does that sometimes..tells me I don't have a license to view it or something. The newest ones are encrypted with a license code and can't be viewed unless your player knows you bought it or someting