(Close Window)
Topic: David Grist
Anyone know where to get these videos on DVD, or if they are worth it?
I can't say that I've seen them on DVD advertised anywhere. Balloon videos seem to be the last form of information to be switching to DVD. It's still almost all VHS.

Anyway they are great. Some of the best I've seen. I'd also recommend Don Caldwell and Royal Sourell tapes as they are all good for advanced twisters. Good luck
Well, I'm comming back to this a while later and asking if anyone knows of any updates.

Thanks,
Gideon
David passed on about a year ago due to Congestive Heart Failure. At his autopsy they found that cancer had eaten up his lungs and there was a massive tumor on them. Tmyers.com may still have his DVDs or videos.

Sorry to bring sad news but hope the information helps.

Peter
Yeah, I heard he died, sad stuff. Someone sent me a PM a long time ago, saying his videos were going to be turned into DVD, so I'm wating for that to happen before I buy them.
Keep an eye on his site http://www.davidgrist.com/. At the moment I see volumes 7 and 9 are currently available on dvd.

David was a brilliant twister he had a great knack of taking simple techniques and using them to make big bold designs. He was also a really great person, I'll have to buy his products now since I can no longer pick his brains at conventions over a pint of Guinness.

George
I'm pretty sure T Myers still has the Grist videos still available on tape. I have most of them, and consider them well worth the money. As George mentioned, He was a great person and a fun guy to share a pint with.

I also will buy anything that Dave Bartlett puts on the market. And the Sorell's series of videos have a tremendous amount of material.

Balloon videos ( and books) are a great value. If you are a serious twister, you will use just about everything that is contained on a video. Whereas you might buy 6 magic videos (or books) to find one routine you'll always use. (And still consider that money well spent.)

Joe H
I thought I would bring this topic back to the top.
Is there anyone in North America selling these DVDs?

Thanks
David was a good friend of mine & I promote & sell the DVd's with all the money raised going to David;s family. We also hold "The David Grist Memorial Lecture" in the UK. Last year Ralph Dewey came over and this year we have Don Caldwell doing the lecture between the 29th May & the 5th June. Just waiting for Don to confirm flight details etc.
More details about the DVD's which I'm more than happy to ship to the USA and the memorial lecture cam be found here, http://www.sempertexballoons.co.uk
[quote]
On 2009-03-07 16:10, Graham Lee wrote:
More details about the DVD's which I'm more than happy to ship to the USA and the memorial lecture cam be found here, http://www.sempertexballoons.co.uk
[/quote]

I doubt if you'll get them cheaper than what sempertex balloons are selling them (I couldn't find anyone cheaper). And what with the great exchange rate for US customers - it's even more of a bargain.

Mark
Another thought - it's well worth going over the basic models in this collection. Often you'll find something of interest that you didn't know or had forgotten about!

Mark
Don caldwells mad hats and wearables wanted. will trade. uk
They are coming out with a new video called "Friends Of David Grist" people like DOn Caldwell, Ralph Dewey and other will be on it..