(Close Window)
Topic: HELP!
Hello,

I'm brand new to this, and just finished researching the post about what books to buy as a newbie. A very common reccomendation was Mark Wilson's complete course in Magic. I've been looking on E-bay and was wondering if there was a diffrence (or you reccommended) between the 1988 version or the revised 03 version. Also for a lot of the books this seems to be the case-an older versio and then a revised. Is there a big diffrence?

Thanks for your help!!!
R.T.
I not sure about the in diffrence in the books. I just purchase 2002 version
and it is great . Full of all kinds of magic . I have been in magic for along time
but always like to get books on the subject. It well worth your money.
Aslon
In my huble opinion the Mark Wilson course book is great! Lots of help and very well presented. I can't answer your question, but what I would say is don't hesitate to buy this - there is no better way to get started....enjoy your journey
Usually, the first edition books are more for collectors as once they are sold out, the prices will increase tremedously over time (e.g. cards as weapons, etc)

As for the content, it is usually the same, safe for a few changes here and there. Hence, if you jus want the content, IMO get the cheaper one.

cheerios
The only difference is, that you will find some additional tricks in the 03 version (I have looked at both)

Look also here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=26052&forum=41

Scroll down a little bit to see where I have asked the same question and to read the answers.

Magixx
Thanks for all the help. I'm going to purchase it tonight!
I checked it our from my local library, A great book that I will surely purchase, once I have to return mine to the library that is. The also had Mark Wilson's most amazing card tricks, a lot of it was a repeat of what is in the complete course book, but there is some added stuff, I would recommend if you would like to focus on cards.
The Mark Wilson course is now available in paperback - Barnes and Noble had it for $19.99
There is a big version (A4 size which has a few new bits from the old hardback edition) or a small pocket (if you have large pockets!) edition. The big one is easier to learn from. But a pain to carry when you are first beginning . As lets be honest you want to play every time you have a spare five minutes