(Close Window)
Topic: Time to Die
Three people are murdered in neighboring towns, all by the same method. Near each body is a stopped clock. When the police investigate the scenes, they happen to notice that each clock is set at exactly the same time.

Why were the clocks set at the same time?

How were the 3 victims killed?

I love these games:P

This one requires a creative imagination, so think hard. I'll help out.
Were they killed by timed explosives by any chance? You know, the old fashioned kind that had an actual clock attached to them.

Nick Fox
Interesting. Were they some type of theives and had synchronized their clocks for some sort of robbery then got caught in the robbery?
Nah... that doesn't work out because you are calling them victims.
Greg
[quote]
On 2005-02-26 17:18, NFox wrote:
Were they killed by timed explosives by any chance? You know, the old fashioned kind that had an actual clock attached to them.

Nick Fox
[/quote]

Nope no explosives at all
[quote]
On 2005-02-26 17:18, Greg Arce wrote:
Interesting. Were they some type of theives and had synchronized their clocks for some sort of robbery then got caught in the robbery?
Nah... that doesn't work out because you are calling them victims.
Greg
[/quote]

There was one thieve, but nice guess
They were killed with a clock...heheh get it? if a clock's batteries is taken out it would stop at a certain time right? then if you kill the victums with a clock, then it would be at the same time.
The clocks display was working the whole time, before and after the murder. There was only one murderer killing 3 people. If each person lived 5 mins from each other, and the murderer did this all 3 times walking house to house.... well you get the idea. Also, your thinking its an analog clock, its digital. AND! it is not JUST a clock. THERE ARE SOME HUGGE CLUES
Your thinking too hard:P what does each digital clock have in common??
Is it a time bomb we are dealing with.
Greg
No the murder was not by an explosion, remember the riddle said bodies were found. Correct me if I am wrong, your body would EXPLODE if it was a time bomb. Nice guess with these things
The mudereer turned the power off and then killed them all
[quote]
On 2005-05-07 12:23, funny_gecko wrote:
The mudereer turned the power off and then killed them all
[/quote]

I would go for this plus method of killing = strangle the victims with the cord.
Pehaps the power in the local grid went off, and some folk on dialysis and iron lung machines died. IF these were digital clocks, they would all be blinking the same time, but not stopped. The VCR clocks would be stopped and blinking 12am though. At least mine seems to do that.
I think we are supposed to ask yes or no questions, and he is supposed to answer them. my question is, were the clocks used to kill the people?
Where the clocks connected to other devices that are meant to do something at a certain time? Like some kind of oxygen tank or Pacemaker or something?
Do they live very far north so that one could pass time zones on foot? Then the killer could kill them one hour apart, but if each clock stopped at the time of death, the time would read the same.
Was there someone on the grassy knoll NEAR the clocks?
They were strangled with the cords.
It was Uri Gellar!!!
Cold climate.

Electric heat.

Kill the power.

Clocks stop.

Victims freeze to death.

Power has yet to return, so clocks do not start again.

0pus
Ok when the power goes out on a digital clock the clock will flash on and off the time of 12:00. maybe the police are in on it. if there is only one killer and who says he did it all at once? there is an am and pm you can kill 2 people in one day. maybe the killer killed one person then unplugged the clock and plugged it back in and so on. I don't know ........MIKE peace
I would say eighter opus's answer or pre-stopped clocks.
I was pondering it being flashing 00:00. Shame it is a digital display - They could have had their heads bashed in with a sundial, which was then placed in the same relative position to a lamp in the room - that way they would all show the same time.

(this is my post #50, I reckons...;-)
The clocks were connected to the live electrics and when the alarm went off,(each was set to go off at the same time)each person turned off the alarm and got electrocuted,mike
Were the clocks actually stop watches or timers on skydivers? The skydivers jumping at night had to rely on timers which the murderer adjusted making them fall to their deaths.
Hey guys, the answer is the time was located on the VCR. 3 guys sent off for a dating tape, but the murderer specially crafted the tape so when it was put into the vcr it got stuck and when they touched it, caused a power surge causing all the lights to go out and the time blinking 12:00, 12:00, 12:00. This is why the times were all the same, on the clock but not necessarily when they touched the tape.

Evan
I waited since February for that? LOLOLOLOLOLOL Thanks Evan, I certainly would have never goten this one. Now that's lateral thinking!!

Vandy

I posted this yesterday but somehow it got deleted. Can't imagine why, someone has been getting a bit overzealous with the deletion button. Dave if you are going to delete this, drop me a note.
Oh, that is so simple....

All three had pace makers. On the other side of the earth an evil professor is experimenting with his new combined gammaray - microwave device. The "Doom's Device". He is trying to stop the rotation of the earth. (To stop terrorism, of course) But it doesn't work. The rays/waves are guided around the earth's core and reach the other side of the earth. 3 people are standing there. At the wrong time, wrong place. The rays make the watches and the pace makers stop, leading to the death of the three people.

RIGHT??????
[quote]
On 2005-06-29 10:05, Roland Henning wrote:
Oh, that is so simple....

All three had pace makers. On the other side of the earth an evil professor is experimenting with his new combined gammaray - microwave device. The "Doom's Device". He is trying to stop the rotation of the earth. (To stop terrorism, of course) But it doesn't work. The rays/waves are guided around the earth's core and reach the other side of the earth. 3 people are standing there. At the wrong time, wrong place. The rays make the watches and the pace makers stop, leading to the death of the three people.

RIGHT??????
[/quote]

Sorry Roland, while that answer does work, it's not the one Evan was looking for. LOL
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Jun 29, 2005 09:20AM)
What's a dating tape? VHS?
[quote]
On 2005-06-29 10:20, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
What's a dating tape? VHS?
[/quote]

I'm assuming so. Maybe Video Dating? I have no clue.
I guess the guys were desperate for a date. Pretty much its a bunch of girls telling info about themselves and the guy can choose one. If the match looks right, they'll meet up somewhere. It's kind of like a blind date, or online dating.

Evan