(Close Window)
Topic: Don Driver's pitch video...
I have been getting more and more interested in the pitch life. I had been curious about it and started researching it. I called my friend Whit and asked; "Hey, can you name off some guys who pitch Svengalis for a living?" He said; "Reed, there is a guy Name [b]Don Driver[/b], Give him a call. They say he is one of the best" Well, I called him up and we chatted for a while and he says he also has a video availble with all the trimmings on how to make money pitching. I said I will take one.

I got it in the mail and started to study it and learn the pitch and then I went down to my local weekend market and bought a 10x10 space The rent is very little. We did our first weekend and made a couple of hundred dollars. I realize that's not a lot of money, but when you figure it was for Svengali decks and all the contacts for gigs that I got also - WOW!!!!

Don's Video is a workmans video. It does not have all the flashy editing and stuff you would find on most videos, but it does have everything you ever wanted to know about really making money.

Look, I built my joint for a total of $80.00 and bought some inventory, I have a funny feeling next weekend will be even better than the first weekend. The trick to this is don't just buy the video for the secrets that he gives (and there are a lot of juicy tid bits), buy it to take it out and build a tip and turn them. Don Driver gave me more than a video for twenty dollars. He gave me an opportunity to be with my wife to run a business on the weekends and be with my children, and invite friends down to hang out and have fun pitching and learning to pitch the Svengali decks. Still beats working a real job.

I will keep you guys posted as to how my joint is working out. I am loving this!!! Do yourself a favor and try this out. The video is available from Don Driver himself. I am doing this on my own accord, not his. I am just so excited about it that I wanted to share this with all of you. The Magic Café is all about helping other magicians and I think this will help so many of you.
Thank you Don For this awsome gift of pitching!
The little pitchling - Reed McClintock
I agree Don is the BEST...He works this pitch and makes $$$$ with it. I loved the video and looking forward to it being converted to dvd..how about it Don?
[quote]
On 2005-03-08 19:11, Reed McClintock wrote:

I have been getting more and more inerested in the pitch life.
[/quote]

Are you trying to say that your coming out of the closet ???
Thanks Reed,
Glade you liked it and are putting it to use.Its great to go out and make money with magic and NOT have to wait for the phone to ring.
Not sure when or if I'll go to DVD.
Later Guys,
Don
Just one correction, Reed. I never said "THEY say he is one of the best..." I told you myself that he is one of the very best.

I have known Don for more than thirty years, since he used to hang around Baltimore-- upside down in a straight jacket. He knows everything about the pitch, the jam auction, and many other hustles. He is a goldmine of the real stuff.

His video teaches you the real nitty-gritty of working a Svengali pitch, and if you get it, watch it, and do it the way he says, you will make lots of money.

We are hoping to get Don out to LA for some video shoots on the jam auction and drawing a tip for trade shows and street magic. He is a true master at drawing a tip, and the S4S wants to put out a dvd on this and anything else he is willing to put out.

Even if you don't have any plans to pitch in the near future, you should grab his video while you still can. It is the best thing on the pitch that I have seen. It is way underpriced.
I watched Don's new video a couple of nights ago and also thought it was great. You can find it at http://www.magicpitch.com/ for a very low price.
I, too, ordered Don's video recently. The video is packed with lots of information. It's nothing but good ol' american know-how by a guy who actually DOES it! At $20, it's a steal! Great stuff... recommended!
I invite anyone coming to Portland or if you live in Portland to come and see my joint. I am having such a blast with this. It is hard work , but fun hard work. Thanks again Don for everything.
WOW guys thanks so much.I do have it a magic pitch,but if you click on my profile your see my URL and can order it direct from me and get free shipping.
Thanks again everybody,
Don
I agree with everyone here if you want the real work on pitches Don is the man to go to. I too have known Don for close to 30 years when he lived in Las Vegas.
Don is the man!!! GET THIS VIDEO!!!!!
Everything has been said above, and I second, third, and fourth it all! Don's experience is a goldmine, and he gives it all in this DVD. If you don't have it, buy it. You WILL make your money back the first time you put the knowledge he gives you into action, and a lot more besides.
Correction. I meant video, not DVD! My mistake :(
I suspect that the Svengali Pitch is responsible for getting a lot of people, especially kids, interested in magic.

I remember seeing a Svengali pitchman on the old Steel Pier in Atlantic City in 1961, when I was all of 11 years old. It certainly seemed like a miracle to me! A Svengali Deck, along with an S.S. Adams Money Machine, were my first magical purchases.

So I say thanks to Don for preserving and promoting the Svengali Pitch. SETH
I agree with all that has been said above. Don knows his stuff, inside, outside, upside down, or at the bottom of a swimming pool. Don is the man, and this video takes you step by step through a life time of hard earned knowledge.

A knock down joint that can be build for under 50 bucks, and the contact info for stock with a sleeve so pretty it'll make your eyes water alone is worth the price of admission. But there's SO much more! Don has walked the walk and learned the talk from the best of the best. You follow the advice on this tape, build a joint, and buy some stock, and you will make money.

No pipe dreams, no get rich quick scheme, no B.S. Just go out to a fair, flea market, or street corner, and you will make money.

That is a pretty attractive proposition for a guy looking for yet another way to make a buck.

I think he should be selling the tapes for a lot more than $20 no postage if you buy it direct. Deal of the century if you ask this kid. Click the link [url=http://www.dondriver.tk/]here[/url] and go make a killing.

I'm glad I got with it from Don. Thanks buddy, you're the best!

Best,

Dan-
I did a bit of reading on the Svengali Pitch, it seems that it is like a tradition more than anything else, is there anything else special about Svengali Deck selling? What difference would it be from like those Las Vegas Tourist shops?
Or you may also want to take a look at ...

Mark Lewis's booklet,"The Long and Short of It"

you can see a clip of him doing it on his website.

http://www.marklewisentertainment.com

Howard
One of the very first pitchmen I ever saw was a guy on a local market-in Germany- that did a Svengali pitch..
I was around 14 years of age and a couple of years later I saw him again at another joint..
He did the pitch incredible well, as well as entertaining, like only somebody can do having worked/done this for a very long time..he simply was GREAT!
And..he sold a lot of decks...

It was an elderly gentlemen -at least it looked so to a very young guy..

Anyhow, I promised myself not to buy any more tapes,as I'm stuffed with tapes and the ones I really love to watch I've converted to DVD.

So..as soon as Don's work comes on DVD, I'll buy it :)

Yes, I know, it's not what media it is on, it's the contents that counts..but a promise is a promise (to myself) and as I don't intend to make a living out of pitching Svengali decks, I just want to have the fun to se a real master...on DVD :P

So Don, it's not that hard to simply copy that tape to DVD, pull yourself together and do it :)

Note how many places (L&L as an example) are selling out their videotapes cheap just to get rid of them..they are all into DVD now...

I'm pretty sure this will accelerate sales, as well as the postal transfer is easier for a thin smal envelope with a DVD instead of a big VHS-tape...

Just my thoughts..
Remember the old saying: The secret of the successfull sale of a product is within the wrapping of it...
We all can learn from the producers of f.ex. high priced parfume, watching the way they wrap the thing and how much they spend on making the wrapping attactive..
[quote]
On 2005-03-12 05:47, hkwiles wrote:
...you can see a clip of him doing it on his website.

http://www.marklewisentertainment.com[/quote]
Can't find any clip there?
Werner,

Click on Entertainment..Tradeshow Magic..Tricks 0f the Trade

click on the Demo...takes a while to load

Let me know what you think..I bought the booklet very good indeed.

Howard
[quote]
On 2005-03-12 06:31, Werner G. Seitz wrote:
Can't find any clip there?
[/quote]

This link will work: http://www.marklewisentertainment.com
[quote]
On 2005-03-12 10:24, hkwiles wrote:
Werner,

Click on Entertainment..Tradeshow Magic..Tricks 0f the Trade

click on the Demo...takes a while to load

Let me know what you think..I bought the booklet very good indeed.

Howard
[/quote]Thanx..found and saw it..great pitch.. :)
No doubt he gets the money....
My intention from the start of this project was to keep the price down to a bare minimum.I can make VHS tapes myself and even say so in the title I came up with "cheap,homemade" etc.If I went DVD I would have to raise the price,and even at that,I doubt I would recover the inital cost I would have to pay out to go DVD.
I promise I'm not getting rich off this VHS.When I started out pitching 25 plus years ago there was NOTHING out there to learn the pitch.I learn it at the "school of hard knocks" I only put the video out to help the guys that wanted to give pitching a shot and above all "tell them like it REALLY" is,and keep it cheap.
From reading the post here,I think I've reached my objective.
I hope everyone that bought my video is making money and above all having fun pitching.
Thanks everybody.
Don
Yes Don, I well understand your point..

My idea was just simply to copy your existing VHS-tape over to a DVD, so it still is a homemade DVD, no fancy menues needed, just a DVD copy instead of a VHS tape copy, exactly the same source used for copying..

The rawdisk isn't expensive, the time used is the same as copying a VHS tape.

The only thing you need apart from the VHS-recorder you already have, is a DVD recorder and a Scart-cable between both devices..
It costs you a DVD recorder, but I suppose they aren't that expensive in the States either..
I've copied a lot of the most interesting VHS-tape I watch ones in a while over to DVDs, much easier to store and handle, and stuffed the tapes away..

Just my thoughts re this..apart from this, I also would advice you use PayPal..it's great for forwarding money to anybody owning a email-adress, and no doubt it also would boost sales...
One point that doesn't seem to be talked about here is the fact that Don Driver's tape is a great lesson in how to sell or pitch anything.

This tape is one of the best tapes that I have purchaced just to watch Don and the way he explains the why's and the how's...

His method will sell any magic trick if a person worked in a magic shop and it has helped me become a better entertainer as well. If I owned a magic shop today I would make every magician that worked for me watch this tape...

The teaching of selling magic is that GREAT!

This tape is worth gold!
I think Reed is a perfect testimonial for the tape. He
invested $20 on the tape and within a week or two he's
out pitching and making money. That's pretty powerful,
if you think about it.

I look forward to future products from Don!

frank
We just did our second weekend and wow was it great. Our market here in Portland starts at 10 am on saturday until 5:30 pm and Sunday from 11:am to 5:pm I sold out completely of all decks today by 3:30 pm sunday afternoon. I do just as Don Suggests I build a tip, pitch the Svengali and for the mooches show and give away the two card monte. I give them also twenty five tricks with the deck. All for five dollars. Now keep in mind five bucks is not a lot but at the end of the day that is also what all the people that buy are thinking to. And when you hold that grip o cash you will see man five dollars adds up. I also have to add I am getting great leads for gigs. So many people from all walks of life come trapsing through the market.You just never know who your gonna meet. DOn This gift you have given me for a small price of twenty bucks is amazing. Again I thank you for putting this tape out and Whit thank you for turning me on to it. Weekend cash gig leads, unreal.
We figured if we can sell agross aday every weekend at five bucks that is over $4000 dollars a month that is $60grand a year. For me that is not chump change that I concider to be real wages, ontop of events,, and other ways magicians make money. It is really insane. I will say it is tough work pitching all day and keeping it as fresh as the first one in the morning and feeling the same as the last one at night. I think the thing I like most is that they applaude and then throw money at me that is the best. Again thank you Don
I will keep you all posted as to the progress of the joint if you all are intrested.
Pitchman
Reed McClintock
Hey Reed,are there any empty spots at the flea market you are working? If so,I'm moving to Portland !Glad to hear you are doing so good.
Dumping a gross of decks a day at a flea market is almost too good to beiieve.
I wouldn't want to mislead anyone here.Don't think if you buy my video you are going to start making that kind of money at your local flea market.
Reed is taking in as much money as David Walker and I take in at big State fairs working an hour on and an hour off to keep us fresh.
Most local markets with good traffic you can expect to gross from $200.00 to $400.00 a week end,and even that is a good week end for a flea market.
Thanks for the post Reed and keep up the good work.
Had I known you were going to take in that much,I would have charged you much more than twenty for the video...hehehe
Have a good one,
Don
I have to tell you honestly this weekend was an axceptional weekend because there were to big events that happened one was a huge marathon witch brought a ton of outa towners and there was another big thing also. SO that is why I imagine we did so well. I was talking to the other vendors and they said that in the ten months that the market is open that they can plan on about four to six events that will help like this last weekend. Another advantage I think is we have a joint that is catering to "kids". A lot of what is at the market is jewlery. clothing, food, kitch items, standard stuff at a market. Our market is not really a flea market. To me a flea market is a place where you would see people selling items they brought from home like an everyweekend yard sale. Our weekend market does not have anything like that at all. It is all stuff you buy at whole sale to sell sell for retail or you make yourself to sell retail.
SO next weekend there is not any special functions going on and I will keep posting to let you know how it is going.
I have had the video since I first heard about it. Don is the master at the pitch, and no booklet by anybody... could ever come close to Don's showing you everything he does, including a real pitch to a real audience. He givs you all the goods; lines, ideas, the stand, sources, do's and don'ts.

If you cant make money with this video, you aren't serious about it.
I am not surprised at Reed's success with it. Like a lot of things, anyone can do it, but if you are confident and competent, you can do it really well!

I may be speaking out of school, and Don may not want to say anything about this yet, but I am going to say it anyway, hoping I don't tick him off. But telling this will put more pressure on me than him.

I have been working for quite some time on a "proof of concept dvd" of Don's Svengali pitch material (with his full knowledge) and hope to be sending him one within a month (I am a busy guy, and unfortunately it take time to assemble and edit the video, and I have had a series of problems with my computers...) Then, if Don wants to go forward with it, there can be a DVD of the Pitch (and maybe a little bit more... ;) Don will know what I mean.

But don't hold your breath and wait for it. If you want to learn how to set up, and make money with a Svengali pitch, go to Don's web site get the video directly from Don right now, and save shipping. It is one of the real bargains in magic today.

BroDavid
BroDavid, that actually is great news.

Hope the project wents through!

One more thing to take care of is, to get Don -are you listening Don? :) - to sign in for PayPal..

Actually I wanted to order his video -very much against my will, I dislike buying any more vids, too spaceconsuming, DVDs are easier to store, and anybody with a large interest in all this stuff sooner or later gets to his limits re space- but I discovered that Don doesn't accept PayPal (yet).

Yes, I know, I don't doubt this vid of Don's is a must to study and IF I was depending on earning my money doing pitches, I wouldn't hesitate a second to oreder it from his place, no matter how high the bankcharges are re transfering money..they are here in DK, outstandingly high, you wouldn't believe it!

Next after the government and their ability to charge incerdible high taxes under various desguises, the banks are the true crooks..

So, a DVD and the use of PayPal is a must to also give ppl outside the States a chance to study Dons work .. :)
Well, somebody has to propose it..right?
What kills me is the video, is way more than the pitch. For Twenty Bucks yes you get the Pitch, But also included is everything else. I personally feel this is worth way more than twenty dollars. Quite frankly its worth a few hundred bucks. It is absolute training video on a money making business opportunity. This is not about magic, this is a course on realy how to make money , and having fun doing it. Now that I have a copy I think Don should raise the price. The information is worth so much more.
I just finished writing my check to Don. I have always wanted to do this and from what I have read, I am truly excited about it. I can remember the very first time I saw a SV.Pitchman. I was eight years old and now I get a chance of doing the exact same thing, learning from a real pro. Looking forward to getting my video and hitting the swapmeet here in Orange County, CA. Oh yeah, I am a fulltime magician but as you all know, sometimes there is "more month at the end of the money" and this will fill that gap.
Thanks Don!
Magically,
KW
Don't you all realize you'd be pitched to right now? Gotta have it, going fast, too good to be true, you'll kill with this....

Maybe if you threw in a two card monte, I might buy one :D
Hey, Bonehead:

The funny thing is that Don, who actually stands to make money off such a pitch, isn't doing the pitch. These are unsolicited testimonials! I am sure that Don would be glad to throw in a a two card monte. Just ask him.
I'm not sure about a free two monte...I have about a nickle in each one.
Don
Thanks Whit- I was only joking. You have to admit, this thread sounds like a typical pitch. "make $1,000 a weekend....all for 20 bucks" :D I have the video, that's how I knew to throw in the two card monte comment. Great work and I plan on using it in a non-magic related way myself.
The moment Don accepts PayPal I'll order a copy, even if it's on an oldfashioned VHS-tape :P.
I'd like to watch it, NOT for the Svengali 'routine' but for all the other valuable info that's on that vid...
Bonehead Pitching anything to the lay public is work. But it can be fun work. For run I helped out an old friend over Christmas in a mall magic shop. And Don's video improved my pitch on every magic effect I sold over the counter.

Sven decks, delands decks, etc.

I had fun doing it.

This tape is worth gold!
[quote]
On 2005-03-17 23:31, bishthemagish wrote:
This tape is worth gold!
[/quote]It's on its way to me Glenn, I wouldn't miss the info provided there for the world..
Hi Werner G. Seitz as a magician and a working magician I think that the design of the stand (Close up table pitch booth) Don uses is worth the price of the tape right there.

I work fairs and festivals as a magician and they pay money for me to be there. I think this is a perfect stand for a ground attraction close up magician to do an entertaining act or a formal close up show at fairs and festivals.

And I have been thinking pitch the decks with a DVD (Self produced as a sideline)...

I may not get to this for some time because I have a full plate at the moment with hypnosis bookings. But for close up I feel that this performing stage would be a benefit and help sell bookings!

The this table pitch booth is the best I have seen so far and has been road tested for years by a pro in the business.

Then there is a whole lot of great ideas plus his pitch! And like Reed said who is making money with it. This tape IS a great value to working money making magicians!
Don is the real deal. We brainstormed on some ideas for getting his knowledge out out to hungry pitchers in the past and I am so pleased that he has made it happen! Trust me..Don is the final word on the Sven Pitch. The knowledge you will gain from his insight will serve you well beyond your pitching endeavors.

Just to let you know how generous this man is. I spent a lot of time on the phone with Don hashing out ideas for bringing his "pitch" to the masses. Not only did I learn a ton through our commmunications, but he sent me a hidden treasure ( Don, you know what this is : ) as a kind gesture and one I WILL certainly treasure.

Stop reading...yes now and BUY this tape. Knowledge like this is hard to come by but please, stay away from Atlanta flea markets. Wink :)

Don, Thank you and let's chat again someday.

Christopher
Received Don's tape the other day and was very impressed. As has been said, it isn't fancy, but contains lot of information for $20, and will give anyone a very good head start in developing a strong Svengali pitch and building a "pitch joint" to make it from.

Although the 60-minute video is pretty complete in itself, I would also suggest picking up a copy of "The Long and Short of It" by Martin Lewis. This $25 pamphlet contains a number of good Svengali sleights and interesting patter ideas. I did not think it was possible to fan or spread a Svengali deck until I read Martin's work -- very clever!

Between these two resources, any competent magician should be able to work up a fine Svengali routine that should bring in some big bucks. SETH
Mr. Driver:

Got my video. I, Sir, will buy you a beer anywhere and anytime we could possibly meet! Am ordering another video for my brother. Might even get some for friends.

Can't wait for the skinny on Jams.
I got a huge kick out of watching the "squiggle" demonstration. I remember buying one of these things almost 30 years ago as just a punk kid. I felt like I was 8 years old again watching that thing. I also bought one from Don to "practice" with - okay, I'm just sitting around playing . . . I'll practice pitching later.
Wait till you guys see Don's NEW project. He's got the real work on how to draw a crowd. And it WORKS. EVERY TIME.
[quote]
On 2005-03-29 02:46, Zack wrote:
Wait till you guys see Don's NEW project. He's got the real work on how to draw a crowd. And it WORKS. EVERY TIME.
[/quote]

Sign me up for this. Don is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check my post over in "sidewalk shuffle", I go into a little more detail about it.
I, too, bought this tape and highly recommend it.

My question is, how does it compare to "The Expert at the Pitach Table" book/tape set? Pretty much the same material? Is it worth getting the latter if you already have Don's? Just wondering if it's worth getting the other one, too.
I am going over to China in a few weeks and plan on trying some pitching out there if I get a chance between shows. Its going to be fun seeing how my translation works for a Chinese crowd :)
I recently purchased Don's tape and I too was disappointed that I could not purchase it through Paypal. What is it about us magician's that want it NOW!!! Don accommodated my impatience with the e-mail of a friend who had Paypal and the tape was in the mail the next day.

Not only is this good material, but what has impressed me is the followup that Don provides, and not with e-mails either. All of my questions have been answered with a personal phone call sometimes only minutes after I sent the e-mail. I began to think this was a new trick he was going to market! A+ for customer relations Don. Thanks!
<quote>Not only is this good material, but what has impressed me is the followup that Don provides, and not with e-mails either. All of my questions have been answered with a personal phone call sometimes only minutes after I sent the e-mail. I began to think this was a new trick he was going to market! A+ for customer relations Don. Thanks!</quote>

That sounds like Don. He is seriously generous with his time and advice! I just got off the phone with him, he had a ton of suggestions about how to make more money with my busking act.
With Don's tape I got everything I needed to get started pitching the Svengali deck and more. I had the pleasure of seeing Don work with David Walker last year.
Don't let the low price fool you. This is the real stuff!
Hey Guys,
They say one photo is worth a thousand words,so here are two thousand words.Just for those of you that don't have an idea of what pitching is all about.

http://www.zing-me.com/don4.jpg My pitch joint.

http://www.zing-me.com/don6.jpg Working a tip.

Thanks for all your kind words.
Later,Don
Thank you Reed for starting a post on this, the tape sounds wonderful and will be my first exposure to any real work on pitching a Sven deck. Seems like it would be very fun (and I konw, allot of hard work) to play aound wih this at some of the local markets and events.

In short, on, you shvae sold another one!

Clark
Today I rec'd a Don Driver's Svengali Pitch tape in the mail. Since I never ordered this tape, I'm curious how this tape came to me. Does anyone here has received this tape just out of the blue?
Hi Evolve629,
This is a mystery to me as well.Did the package have my return address? If you didn't order it or someone ordered it for you I don't see how I could have gotten your address.Maybe someone ordered it from me and than mailed it to you.I have no way to know as I don't know your address.If you want to PM me your address I'll go though my orders and see if I mailed one out.I don't remember sending one to Minnesota in the last few weeks.
Please do let me know what you find out.I'm at a lost right now.
Thanks for your post.
Later,Don
[quote]
On 2005-03-24 13:19, sethb wrote:
... Although the 60-minute video is pretty complete in itself, I would also suggest picking up a copy of "The Long and Short of It" by [b]Martin[/b] Lewis. This $25 pamphlet contains a number of good Svengali sleights and interesting patter ideas. I did not think it was possible to fan or spread a Svengali deck until I read [b]Martin's[/b] work -- very clever!

Between these two resources, any competent magician should be able to work up a fine Svengali routine that should bring in some big bucks. SETH
[/quote]

I have been over at Danny Hustle's site lately (http://thedannyhustleshow.com/forums). [u]Mark[/u] Lewis was lying to one of us Sethb - either his name is Martin or Mark. Either way, for anyone who is looking for this book, the author has his name down as Mark Lewis. I don't mean to criticise Sethb (even though it sounds like I am), I am just posting this in case anyone is looking for the book.

You can find it at http://marklewisentertainment.com/for_magicians_only.htm

Soon I shall be posting some reviews on Don Drivers work. Stick around,

Chase
Chase -- Thanks for the correction. You are right, Mr. Lewis' full name is Mark Lewis, not Martin.

I can add that having used some of Mark's shuffles and moves has really helped me to sell more Svengali decks. I have also have many laypersons come up to me and say that they already owned a Svengali deck, but had no idea that it could be manipulated and displayed in these ways. So although the pamphlet is a little pricey at $25, it contains some good information about handling a Svengali deck that could ultimately be well worth it. SETH
I was just looking around some sites and I came across someone called Martin Lewis completely by accident. He did a book (I think it was a book) on jumping beans (or something that jumps). Perhaps you had the name in your mind at the time, or was it just complete coincidence?

I hate it when people change the subject in one of these topics, so I will ask this one question and perhaps we should revert back to Don's brilliance shown in his pitching video (notice the subtle plug there?).

Chase
Chase -- to answer your question, nothing intentional, I just thought "Mark" but typed "Martin".

To get back to the point of this thread, I agree that pitching Svengalis is an art, and that Don is one of the masters. You do not have to be a magician to pitch Svengalis, but I do think that pitching the decks would make anyone a better magician.

Don has a low-key but very effective approach, and a well thought out routine that is short and sweet. His video is chock full of good information and tips, and is absolutely worth the $20 being asked. SETH
Ordered Don's tape by snail mail on MONDAY. I'm checking my bank account thinking once I see the check has cleared, it will be about another week. WRONG!
The tape arrived today, BEFORE the check even cleared. Pick myself up off the
floor after I passed out from shock. This reminds me of the way people used to
do business, say 30 or so years ago, when people were actually honest and a hell
of a lot more trusting. Sorry, I gotta quit typing..... I'm still a little woozy...
Don Driver’s No Frills, short, to the point, proven, easy to learn, homemade, cheap, money making Svengali Pitch is as fantastic as it is a catchy title. Don has learnt from David Walker (considered the ‘king of pitching’), who was able to get a great deal of money out of his turn (I could describe this much better, but I think you will find the story more inspirational if you get it from the VHS). Don has taken his pitch and adapted it to fit into the style of the turn today.

He works the deck with brilliance and even goes as far as to let the turn handle the deck! Of course, Don doesn’t just explain, word for word, the pitch, but he includes a manuscript for the pitch (which includes the pitch, the Larcency Trick, the Magic Fuzzle/Wigglee Pitch, how to build your pitch, where to buy cheap stock [in America], another way to build a tip for street magic and Don’s email address in case you need help) and includes how to use the Svengali properly, giving practical advice rather than theoretical ideas that ‘may’ work. Obviously Don has put a lot of effort into making this and is selling it for an incredible price.

Don has been helping me out even before I bought the VHS or anything from him, and has been helping me ever since - Don is one in a million (as you can see in the above post). Buy his VHS; there’s nothing else like it.
I just started putting the principles on this tape to work.

I'm amazed! I was able to take down 400 dollars in two days! I'm adding a short Svengali pitch to my busking act. I'm working in my home town, paying no booth fees, and making GOOD money.

Don has given me a living! For twnty bucks, its a steal!
This is an incredible video and a MUST HAVE if you are even thinking about doing a Svengali pitch. The video is chock full of excellent tips and information for all aspects of pitching. From getting a spot, to building your "joint", where to accquire the stock, and the actual pitch itself. Don also covers a lot of do and don't for pitching Sven decks. And you can believe this information because Don Driver and David Walker have close to 100 years of real life experience under their belts. These guys KNOW the business inside and out!!

I can also tell you after having watched Don work, that the pitch he gives you on this tape is the EXACT pitch that he has been using for years to get the money. Nothing is witheld. I can't imagine that there is a better source to learn this stuff than from Dons tape.

If you are thinking about setting up a joint and pitching Svengali decks, you MUST get this video tape. Do not even attempt to get started without having first studied this tape. Pitching is hard work, give yourself the best chance you can by listening to and learning from one of the all time greats in the field. The 20 bucks you spend now, will come back to you many,many times over.
You will really like the DVD version of Don's pitch tape. We should be shipping by the end of next week.
Whit -- can you tell us how the material on the DVD differs from the previous VHS tape, if at all?

If it contains some new or additional material, I'm sure many people who already have the VHS version would be interested in upgrading. SETH
Whit,
Where can we order the DVD and how much is it?
Please advise.

John Cooper
Everything will be announced when it is ready.
Anounce it up and anounce it down!!! Don Driver is a genius, besides being one heck of a nice guy!!!
Thanks Chris....
Your OK yourself !
Don
Are we close to announcing?
Message: Posted by: Crossroads Mystic (Sep 11, 2005 02:26AM)
[quote]
On 2005-09-08 14:05, DonDriver wrote:
Hi Guys,
Whit just informed me that he is having trouble with his "DVD card" for his computer that he edits with and its in the shop.(I have no idea what this DVD card is)The DVD will be another two weeks now.
Sorry ...
Thanks guys,
Don
[/quote]
Hey Skin,
Thanks for posting this notice.Its all true guys,Whit is having trouble with his computer and the DVD will be delayed for sometime now.I'm really sorry for this and the guys that are waiting so patiently for it.However I still have it available on VHS and I promise its the same video that will be on the DVD,There will be nothing new on the DVD verson.I also now take Pay Pal.Its all set up at my web site that is at the bottom of my signature.
Thanks again for all your support and patients with this.
Have a good one,
Don
Good news! I just talked to Don and the new Svengali DVD is ready to go. It DOES have new footage: it features the Legendary S. David Walker pitching the deck. Should be great! You can get it at [url=http://"http://www.dondriver.tk"]http://www.dondriver.tk[/url]
This is such great news. I know there are a lot of people reluctant to purchase VHS, but in this case, the wait was unnecessary. This is information that pitch guys just have to have. However, Don has heard your pleas, and has announced that he purchased a DVD recorder, just for the likes of us riff-raff. He is now producing a DVD just for us, with not only his Svengali routine, but also the legendary S. David Walker, as mentioned above. This is really exciting, because folks, we are just not going to have him around for very much longer. Thank you so much Don, for getting this one out to the guys. Hey guys, lets support Don in this endeavor, he is really trying to get the stuff to us that we need. This is a guy who is trying to get out to the busking (and pitching) community what was passed to him by David and others. We have a chance to learn from the best, lets take it!
Thanks guys,
I did say it would be the same as the VHS and now I've gone and added David Walker pitching, with his permission. I just couldn't let this slip by me. I feel I had to preserve footage of S. David Walker. The man has been pitching since the 40's. If you look up an old Genii from 2001 with Harry Lorayne on the cover, Harry has a two page story in it named "My Svengali pitching days with David Walker". There is even a photo Harry keep all these years from 1947 with David and Harry on the pitch joint. This is magic and pitching history. But everything else, the info on pitching, is 100% the same that was on the VHS.
I'm sure you'll all enjoy watching David doing his pitch at the 2005 Wisconsin state fair.
Thanks for all your support in my video...oops DVD!
Don
This is great stuff. I have reviewed it on this thread earlier. Now on DVD, which is awesome. Add to that the fact that you get footage of S David Walker working what might be his last fair and you've got an incredible teaching tool and a piece of history all rolled into one. Davids pitch is excellent. He is hilarious, I love that line about TB. Also his line about how the adults are afraid that he is going to jump over the table and "get in their pockets". He dosen't do that.

You gotta have this DVD.
I just order this and am looking forward to having it on DVD, my vcr doesn't work.
Don, Just curious about one other thing on this DVD. You did include a fuzzle pitch as well, did you not? If so, is this your performing the pitch, or the gentleman's who worked the fair with you and David this year?
Mark
The Fuzzle pitch is on my DVD and I'm doing it. The fuzzle is a strong pitch item. I also give you info on where to get them wholesale.
Thanks Mark
Don
Don, thanks so much for the info. After getting a fuzzle from you, I can see that there is a real difference in where you procure these. By the way, I was hoping it was you doing the fuzzle pitch, rather than a certain guy who sort of 'phones it in.' Thanks again!
I received Don's DVD today and I can echo the praise it has already received here. I would like to point out that if you are pitching Svengali decks (or anything else) you will need to pay state sales tax. To purchase Svengali decks from a wholesaler you will need a state sales tax I.D. number. Here in North Carolina, you must also display your state merchants tax I.D. at your booth if you are working a flea market, a festival, etc.
This DVD is easily worth three times it's current cost.
Don, after all these years, it is great to see this treasure coming from you. Have you any more hidden jewels that you will be releasing? How about some of the other 'careers' in your past? I remember seeing pictures of you doing Houdini type escapes, blockhead, etc. Any chance of you releasing any of this type of stuff? I have to tell you, it is wonderful to have this information available as part of our magic history. Thanks for passing it on.
I can't add anything that hasn't already been said. I just got Don's dvd and it really is THE source for pitch information. If you ever want to pitch or just learn what it takes to pitch, you need this dvd.

The tips that Don gives will also help your magic. Pitching will help your magic. There's no better way to get to know people, how they think, what they want.
I agree with Ryan that pitching definitely helps your magic. Where else would you get to perform the same few effects over and over again? There's no better way to polish an effect than by constantly performing it, and that's what a pitchman does.

Although I am not a pitchman, strictly speaking, I demo and sell 3-4 different tricks at street festivals and craft fairs, such as a Svengali Deck, the Dime & Penny set, Jumping Gems paddles, the Cups & Balls, and the Money Paddle. After you've performed a trick 12-15 times in one day, you get a pretty good idea of what works and what doesn't. And best of all, you also get paid for your time!

Thanks again, Don, for providing the basics of pitching and passing this great information on. There's no feeling like having kids crowded around my demo table three deep, all smiling and waving $5 bills at me! SETH
Hi guys!
"If it's good enough for Larry ....." that's right ... Larry Jennings.. He learned the pitch from Don ... he went to meet the old man (Don, of course) in Apple Valey Ca., I think it was, just to learn it from him.
I blew into town to see Mike and Don and he told me Larry was thinking of pitching the cards at the Castle ... so he wanted to get it (the pitch) from Don. He grabbed his tape recorder and went to see Don ... My man taught it to Larry!!! Would you believe that one ... on the square!

I was in Hawaii and offered people ... including Yashita ... $200 for the pitch ... just if they would record it from someone on the main land at a fair or midway or flee market.

That led to a mid way with E.K.F. But it scared me half to death when they told me to get 20 gross and they'd put me in the midway. Don worked for them too ... years earlier.

Added note: Ryan ... you hit it pal!! repetiveness 'hones' your skills ... and ... pitching gives you a different perspective. It's very deep ... you are paying attention to so many things at one time ... Don lays this all down. He is one hell of a teacher ... things you just cant think of ... you have no reference to them ... but, he has a reason for every dam thing he does ... just like when he was at the Jams ... step by step ... these things have been written in stone for 100 years!! Listen to Don ... hone your skills so that every thing you do is like cutting butter with a knife and listen to him again and you can't miss (don't let your own intellect get in the way) they've been doing it and they have the 'secret' phrases that's been around and proven! ...that's why they were great at what they did. From cards to knives. Ask Don about the Steel Pier!
I'm getting carried away .
But had to share it!
Doc
OK, I'll bite --- what about the Steel Pier, Don?

As a lifelong resident of Atlantic City, N.J., I spent many pleasant hours on the Steel Pier in the early 1960's. When I wasn't watching the High-Diving Horse or getting my fortune told by the trained parakeets that dropped a rolled-up paper in your hand for 10 cents, I was standing at the Svengali Pitch, watching a very smooth operator at work. Was it static electricity? Magnetism? An optical illusion? Sleight-of-hand? All of the above? Whatever it was, this guy sold tons of Svengali decks every summer, about a dozen of which were bought by me over the years. At that time, I believe the decks were selling for $2 or so apiece!

So let's hear more about it, Don! SETH P.S. I also recall that there was an elderly couple doing a Zancig-style coded mindreading act on the Pier, but I just wasn't old enough to appreciate it at the time.
Your getting off thread "Reviews" this is not story telling.
Don
Sorry, Don, and you are right, I will save the "war stories" for another thread.

Thanks also, for sharing your pitching expertise with everyone. I know your video has saved me from many dead ends and hours of work trying to put together a good Svengali pitch. And every time I go out, I still learn something new from my audiences/customers. It's a great diversion, doesn't hurt anyone, makes a good dollar, and gets plenty of kids interested in the wonderful art of magic. Who could ask for more? SETH
[quote]
On 2005-08-26 13:09, Whit Haydn wrote:
You will really like the DVD version of Don's pitch tape. We should be shipping by the end of next week.
[/quote]

Like it? I LOVE it!

I just received the DVD. It's everything that I hoped for and more.

Seeing S.David Walker pitching was a real treat. Seeing him work the crowd was a bice addition.

And, Don shares the real work on everything.

This is a must have, even if you don't plan on pitching. It's always a great lesson to see professionals out there doing it.

Don, thanks for sharing this with us all!!

Oh, and ordering from Don is so simple. He takes paypal for those that like to use that service. And he shipps faster than lightening:
http://www.dondriver.tk/

Chris
I just got Don's Svengali DVD as well...ditto...ditto...ditto
Don really has a way for teaching and you should all know when Harry
Lorayne was on the cover of Genii a few years ago he had a two page
story
called "My pitching days with David Walker" so watching David pitching
on
this DVD is a bit of history.That footage alone is worth the price of
the
DVD!
Josh
I can echo the sentiments already written. It's very nice to have footage of S. David Walker in my collection. It's amazing how hard the guy can still work. If you have a small market or place to set up, this is THE time of year of year to pitch. Don's dvd has all the ins and outs, plus historic footage of the famous Walker pitch.
For Christmas I got Don's Svengali pitch DVD. Don's experience is so evident. His clear understanding of the psychology of the customer audience has helped Don refined and simplified the pitch. Don, the architect of this pitch, has built on the foundations of the past, but has refined for the audiences of the present. Thank you Don.

Keith
Hey guys. If you are in the Denver area, Don and David and even Ryan Matney are working the Denver Stock show through the 16th of this month. If you have an opportunity, stop out and say hello. They are great guys and would love to say hello to any magicians or pitchmen that come by. I had a great time with them here in Milwaukee during the State Fair and if I could have, I would be out there in Denver right now. Get the DVD and check it out for sure. But if you have a chance to stop by in person, do it. If you've studied your materials and worked on your pitch, they might even let you get up on the joint and try your hand at pitching the Svengalli Deck and one of the Countrys biggest venues!! :)

Vandy
Just a quick clarification. I stated above that Don and David would be in Denver until the 16th of this month. That was incorrect, the fair is 16 days long. They will be there through this Sunday.

Vandy
I got the original video ages ago and was very glad to see the DVD edition had some actual extras on it that make it worth buying in addition to the VHS version, DVD 'extras' normally being worthless!

Hopefully I will have the chance to meet up with Don when I come over to the states later this month. It will be excellent to see his work in person.
Don got back from the Denver Stock Show the end of January. I've had a few contacts with him and he is busy working on getting his crowd gathering DVD out soon. I think it used to be how he drew crowds for the jam auction.

I saw him do this at the Wisconsin State Fair...we couldn't get away. I just asked him to dem it...we didn't have anything in mind except to draw a crowd and suddenly we had a very large group of people standing there wondering what to do next!

His Svengali pitch rocks and his method for gathering crowds works great and is universal, whether or not you are pitching decks for $5 or going for a jam auction for thousands. If you need to draw a crowd, keep an eye out for this new DVD. Don is with it.

This isn't theoretical stuff, I've seen him do it...if you have any need to draw a crowd this will fufill your dreams.

I basically posted this to kick Don a bit in the butt...I want this now...

Don, when is it coming out?
I now have Don's Svengali Pitch DVD. Awesome Don! Now I look forward to your Drawing a Crowd DVD.

Thanks,

Rudy
I saw Don at the Denver show.

I don't know him, but he is a magician and uses very powerful techniques during the pitch. It looks to me like he is a magician first and a pitchman second, and that makes is pitch very strong and entertaining. (Most pitchmen are not magicians) The DVD is extremely educational to a magician. Don does a lot of work teaching you why the script works.

In magic and in acting we are instructed to keep our face up so our audience can see us. When I was six years old I was being instructed on holding the cards/coins up to my face. When I walked by Don's pitch joint I saw him looking down at the cards. The two cards were standing on the table facing the audience and I swear Don's nose was an inch from the top of the cards, looking down. Everything that I had been taught came back to me and I thought, "That poor man is never going to sell a thing." Just shows that after 28 years of magic, I still get fooled. Also shows what a pro Don is. Let me explain.

I had never been interested in pitching before. I stumbled onto the pitch thread after going to the western show. I kept seeing good reviews of Don's video, especially the posts about how personable and helpful he was with the other Café members. I also recognized him from the western show. For the education value I decided to get his DVD. $20 videos are not always found in magic.

What a deal! It is always a controversy to use other peoples patter. Not here though. Stick with Don's patter word for word. That is what it was made for. It is your script, use it.

Here is an actor's technique for learning lines. Memorize the first sentence. Move on to the second sentence. Memorize that then go back to the first sentence. Once your have those, go to the third sentence. Go back and start all over again. I learned the regular pitch in a couple of hours this way. PM me if this doesn't make sense.

Don has an excellent reason for looking down at the cards. He shows you in the DVD.

Any magician will benefit from learning the pitch even if they don't perform it or use it to sell. You will learn how to use your patter to keep your audience off of their toes. A very useful tool to become an expert with.

This pitch is a great way of performing with the Svengali. I threw my deck away when I was a kid. I know some disagree but very few of us in the magic community like to use a sven. Most magicians don't like them. Talk about exttremely gimmicked. very hard for spectator examination. This way of performing the Svengali takes care of those issues.

Don, I wouldn't mind shaking your hand one day and listening to some of your stories 'from the trenches'. Good work putting out a valuable product to the community.
Cant wait to get my video of this and Dons new Busking DVD.
John
This may have been discussed already but where do you guys get your Svengali decks? Don gives two sources. One is wholesale and requires a dealers license. The other is Eddie's Trick Shop. Don says Eddie's sells the decks for $1.25 but I checked an they are now $4.95.

Thanks.

eric
I typed up a review of Don's Building a Tip DVD, you can see it here (locked thread)
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=151645&forum=111&3

Thanks...And Don is the man!!
Wade
That thread should be reopened soon. I asked the Mgmt to combine Ryan and Curmudgeon's thread about the NEW Tip building DVD and he locked them both. Ughhhhh.
I just sent him a PM before I saw your post here Vandy. Oh well.
I just got my set of Don's Building a Tip and Svengali Pitch. Ordered it Monday, got it Wednesday. Great service! The set is fantastic... I have watched it twice and am still amazed. The one sentence where Don explains how long the pitch should be for todays audience was a golden nugget. The written material for the pitch that comes with it was a great way to have a rehearsal document. On the video in the live pitch at a street fair just getting underway, Don sells 7 units in 20 seconds. Not bad for a few minutes of work. This set will pay for itself the first time out. And the historical value of it is priceless. Great material. Excellent value. Thanks Don...

http://www.dondriver.tk

Best Wishes,
Dave
It is interesting when you see the guys who realllllly depend on the pitch etc for a living vs the guys who are just putting together a 'how to pitch' video just to make a few bucks. Don's products are the real deal and I've not seen anything else to compare with the knowledge and experience he shares.
Steve V
There is a good reason that everyone has been looking forward to Don's products. Guys have been telling him for years that he should put out tapes and stuff, but he's been adamant that he isn't interested in cashing in. He has now reached a point in his life where he wants to leave the world of magic and pitch some evidence that he was here. Well guys, he has done far more than that. If you have any interest in making some money on the pitch, Don is to pitch what Oxford is to dictionary. Oh, and the fact that he gives you more for your money than just about any other video you've ever owned doesn't hurt, either. I feel completely confident that if Don wanted to, he could easily include the guarantee that if you purchase any of his systems, you will - YOU WILL - get the money back the *very* first time you go out on the street. Turns out, there are way too many guys who would take advantage of the guy, but believe me, you'll get it back. This one is a two thumbs up, easy. He delivers.
I got the DVD's the other day...great stuff! It's stuff you can use in the real world.
Hey Don, did you ever do any pitching in around Old Town in the 60's. Bought my first deck there from a guy in a little booth on the streets. I still have it believe it or not. Just curious.

Snidini
Here is a Pitch that really works. I tried it for the first time last weekend and had more crowd than I was prepared for. I recommend both DVD's.

Best Wishes,
Dave
Don is the best pitch man around and a class act all around. You need this DVD.

David Williams
I am amazed at the drawing power of both the bally and the pitch shown on this DVD and his "Building a Tip" DVD. Don's psychology is very well thought out, and I would highly this to anyone wanting a real insider's advice.

Check [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=159167&forum=6&30]here[/url] for more info.

~michael
Guys, I have to add something here. Let's just say that maybe, just maybe, you are giving this DVD some thought. First off, you know you aren't risking much in the way of money, because Don delivers more for your money than just about anyone out there. But, there is something else I want to let you know about, and it is an even better reason for supporting his project. Don is one of the few guys who gives back to the art, big time. I mean GIVES BACK, not just supports his local ring and helps the new guy learn a double lift. Don has mentored a couple of young men now, and he has also given enough magic away to people to start them with their own acts. There is a young man in Colorado who is enjoying an entire act worth of magic, and sent to him by Don, who had never even met him! Don is a guy who wants to leave something behind to magic that is more valuable than having a move named after him. Don is leaving behind a legacy of people who perform wonderful magic, and who know enough to care about the people more than the method. Another young man in the Mid South is placing very highly in magic contests due to working very hard at what he does. His magic has improved a great deal, and he gives Don a great deal of credit for that improvement. What I'm trying to tell you guys is that Don has given away a whole lot more magic than these DVDs will bring back in, so if you're on the fence just go for it. It really IS as good as people here have written, and you really SHOULD have it. Okay? (P.S. Don, don't get ****ed at me for telling people that you really are a nice guy. At least more sales will pay the shipping for all the stuff you give away.)
Adding to Markjens' comments, I would note that Don has excellent "tech support" for his products.

I was having a problem with one of the moves on the Svengali Pitch tape. When I PM'd Don about it, he got back to me within a day with some very helpful suggestions and tips. You just can't beat that sort of attitude and old-fashioned service. SETH
I've had this DVD for a few weeks and I've seen it several times now. It's a really good one, and I notice more good stuff each time I watch it. Don knows what he's doing with this pitch, and generously shares it all. The pitch man, the real thing, seems to be a less common sight all the time. If you want to learn how to do the Svengali pitch, or even if you just want to have a piece of some interesting and entertaining cultural history, get a copy of this.

Oh, and I've heard on pretty good authority that you might get a chance to meet Don at the Abbott's Get Together in Michigan first week of August. ;)
I purchased Don's Svengali Pitch DVD about a month ago. I built my pitch stand in a weekend, then decided to hit the local flea market. My first weekend out I made $120. I stuck with the pitch exactly as Don gives it on the DVD. I am very pleased with the results - I already have a street festival lined up where I traded a show in exchange for free vendor space. Thanks, Don!
The more you watch these, the more you learn. You always pick up soemthing new!
Talk about a push-button system!

Learn about five minutes of material.

Buy what he tells you.

Go where he tells you.

Sell it for five times (or more) what you paid.
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the kinds words.Just incase you haven't heard David Walker and myself will be at FAB magic in Colon Mi Aug 1-5 doing a free lecture on the Svengali pitch.

David is an amazing person you won't want to miss.He's 79 and still out there going strong.I'm sure this will be the only time you will get to see him lecture on the pitch and "jockpot" with him. Its going to be a fun 5 days.

Later,Don
Don I love this dvd. ALOT. After I talked to you on the phone the other week, and you were telling me about it, I was saying I have to get these dvds. And Just wow. I was looking into getting a spot at the County Fair, to do a little pitching, like you recommended. I will tell you how it goes. Thanks again.

Ray
Here's a potential local source for Svengali decks- the "Dollar Tree" store chain. They've carried these and the Stripper decks, along with small Fantasma magic sets off and on for awhile. And, no, I'm not a DT shill, just a cheapskate that ADORES dollar stores.

Dollar Tree has added a "Dollar Tree Direct" program, details are at the "Need Large Quantities" link in the upper right corner of their main web page at http://www.dollartree.com/.

Shipping and handling may apply. You can get it sent to your place or the local store. The local store fills out a form with the SKU number of what you want and if 'BIG DT' has'em in stock somewhere, you can get'em. Don't know if there's a minimum quantity. Don't know how the quality compares to the sources Don Driver recommmends, but the ones I've got are about what you'd expect- not Bicycles but not Chinese misprints or offprints, either.

I sure hope that nobody hears "but we can get those at the Dollar store, honey, save your money . . . "

PS- Don, I'll be ordering your DVD set right after payday :)
I bought Don Driver's Pitch Video back when it was just on VHS. I liked the idea, but I didn't think it was for me. I'm a working professional and I like to know how much money I'm going to make before I show up for a gig. Any extra in back of the room sales is gravy.

On a whim, I decided I was going to work a fair. I found a weekend I wasn't booked. I went back through the information that Mr. Driver supplies, bought the minimum order from the suppliers he provides and worked on the pitch. I probably practiced for a week before the fair. I wanted to be prepared to cut down the nerves and so I could handle any interuptions that might happen in the middle of it. I bought a cheap easy-up from Wal-mart, packed a card table and bright red table cloth got in the jeep and headed out.

Now I'm not going to say this was easy money. It was hot, muggy and the air smelled of cattle, but it was a fair after all.

I got a lot of walkouts and "blanks." The same people would come back and watch my little show and walkout again. I got tired of giving "free shows" really fast. Funny thing is in the end those "blanks" turned to "sticks" and I was "turning" the "tip" over and over.

I made about $1200. Not bad for my first time out. It's more than minimum wage and it sure beats digging ditches and it's not too shabby for a weekend I was probably going to spend clearing out my DVR.

I plan on doing the pitch at my next show that is open to the public right before intermission. Hey, repeat customers are always the easiest to close, right?

In the end, this info works if you are willing to put the minimal of work into it. I wish Don would charge more money for it though because he's giving you a wealth of knowledge honed and polished over decades of experience.

From a business stand point. I more than doubled my investment on my first time out. I can't guarantee you'll do the same, but it is well worth the shot. All you have to do is get off the couch and do it. Seriously, if I paid $500 for this video I still would have shown a profit.

Quick review of the video for you magic guys that have to know everything before purchasing:

What you don't get:
State-of-the-art title screens
Fancy fade in, fade outs and swipes
Annoying music
Ego
Worthless Filler

What you do get:
-Step by step instructions on how to do the pitch. I swear if you haven't even heard of a Svengali deck before, you will be a master of it after Don's easy to follow instructions.
-Word for Word scripting on the pitch.
-Suppliers for the goods
-How to make a "pitch joint" so you have a place to sell your goods.
-Impressive real world action of the man turning the tip. You're not stuck in a room full of fakey magic fans. He shows you what happens right on the street!
-Tips and hints on the pitch, gathering a crowd and more importantly getting the money
-Tips on how to get the gigs and where to do the pitch

Buy it, use it, get the money

Note to Don: I feel like you have been way too generous for giving so much information for such a little cost. The least I could do is give you a plug on the Café. Please raise the price on this thing because you deserve franchise prices for the all the hints and tips you give on this video. I wish you a joyous and long life.
Once you get used to seeing the be-backs then blanking won't bother you. You will know you will get sales from the pitch, just not right away.

Just smile, be nice and let curiosity drive them crazy. Few pitches are actually total blanks, you just gotta be patient.

If no one buys, do one rehash then tell people you will help them now and then you are going on break. That will move the crowd along and end the situation where they aren't buying but aren't leaving either.
Regarding return buyers, I have also had numerous situations where a child wants to buy a deck, but doesn't have the money and needs to go and visit the Bank of Dad first.

In a few cases, this initial "blank" results in not one but two sales, because the child gets his/her deck, and then Dad wants one, too after seeing the demo!

I agree, just be patient. The deck is an impulse item, but there are always plenty of people who return and buy, in my experience. SETH
I just talked to Don on the phone...

I have been working the worm and wanted a change of pace so I pulled out Don's Svengali Pitch about a week ago. I went out with the deck and did real, real good. I also really enjoyed watching it so much I gave Don a call.

Don is up in Wisconsin at the state fair. We had a real nice talk. I found out I'm not the only one who likes Don's Svengali DVD that much.

Vince Carmen, who has worked with Ward Hall, the sideshow legend, for over forty years somehow came across the DVD. He bought it. Apparently this resulted in Ward Hall seeing it and he bought it. These guys are as street smart as they come. Don't be suprised if you see these legends doing what Don teaches.

Two sideshow legends recognize the practical greatness of Don Driver's Svengali pitch...

Wow.
Mota,
Vince is NOT a sideshow performer.He is a TOP ACT. He has played Vegas and all over the word with his Illusion show.Vince was on the cover of Magic magazine a few months ago.Vince and I go back 30 years or so.

I just mailed out Ward Hall,the side show KING two DVD's that he called me and ordered yesterday.

Later,Guys...and thanks for all the kind words.
Don
You told me this last night Don, and I still got confused. It's the tapioca pudding of the brain disease I got from long hours of pitching.

No matter...the point remains, real pros are instantly recognizing the cash value of this pitch upon seeing it.
Don's video is great.

Josh
I liked Mot'a comment..."cash value." That is exactly what Don's video has done for me. If someone can't figure out what to get you for Christmas, tell them about Don's video.
Just to add to this topic, I bought Don's video on DVD last spring.

Using the tips and techniques that Don shares, I spent almost every weekend this summer pitching. I just finished my last flea market three weeks ago.

Let's just say it was a success! I ordered what I thought would be plenty of decks for the entire summer. By mid-July I had to double my order!

I have even been "invited" to attend more events from organizers who were at other markets!

Next year is shaping up to be very profitable.

So, go to http://www.magicpitch.com/ and order your copy today! (As long as you don't live in Northern Missouri/Southern Iowa!)

Keith
Thanks Keith and everybody else that have posted about this DVD as well as my Building a Tip DVD.

I'm really surprised as to how well both have done.

Everyone,have a GREAT Christmas and the BEST New Year ever!

Thanks so much,
Don
Ok, folks, I just ordered the dvd and had a question about ordering the decks...

What do you charge...and do you get the cheapest decks you can? Or do you go with a bit more expensive deck and up the price more? What's best? I found decks ranging from $3.75 down to .85....

--Jon
Get the best deck at the lowest price you can, which usually excludes the most expensive and the cheapest. This might kill ya but get what you can get. Follow Dons pitch and make a package that looks like a deal at $10 for a deck and some slum. Also remember Don sells the Squirmels at a very good price. His pitch is shown on the disk.
Jon,
Watch the DVD. I explan what decks to buy and where you can buy them.Also, how much to sell them for.

Thanks for your order.
Don
Don & everyone:

Thanks for your advice. Don, I just got the dvds today and I just LOVE them! Can't say enough good things about them. No frills, straight to the point, yet PACKED with information. Love them!

--Jon
I bought Don’s Svengali Pitch VHS tape a while back. It is not about being a magician or entertainer. It’s about making M-O-N-E-Y!!!!

I have pitched the decks at a local flea market for two years now. I make more than a buck or two and have a lot of fun.

Recently I did a freebie for the Cub Scouts. On a whim I asked if I could set up a table to sell magic tricks after the show. They said no problem. I sold enough decks @ $5.00 each to make my regular fee plus a bonus. I am seriously considering making this a regular part of my business. Do a freebie in exchange for permission to sell.

I have done street fairs where I have traded two thirty minute sets for a centrally located spot to sell. I have made more from the sales than they would have possibly paid me for the shows. Additionally, I am giving out my flyers all day to people that want them. They are asking me for my number and I give them a flyer. I am thinking of having a sign up sheet for my “Birthday Club” at my next street fair.

Pitching Svengali decks has been very good for me. I make money for doing an infomercial. Don’s video gives you the how and why of pitching Svengali decks in a clear, no-nonsense manner. There are no fancy flourishes or new effects. Just the best way to move decks and make money.

Thanks again Don.
I don't care what level of magician you are, pitching Svengali decks will make you a better magician. If Copperfield ever starts pitching Svengali decks, he will become greater than Harry Houdini ever dreamed of becoming.

And there is no easier way to start pitching Svengali Decks than Don's video. Don tells all and shares all ... the inside secrets, I've pitched decks for 10 years and there was still something to learn from Don. The 'magnetic finish' bit alone is worth the price, no more people coming back complaining they cant do it.

-JoeJoe
Based on Don's DVD on building the tip I just bought his Svengali Pitch. I used the Building the Tip the other day at a street magic show and it worked like a champ. I was alone in the back of a clamshell. A band was playing on stage (they were the only attraction!) and I still built a pretty good crowd. It was fascinating to say the least.

John
[quote]
On 2005-06-05 11:37, DonDriver wrote:
Hey Guys,
They say one photo is worth a thousand words,so here are two thousand words.Just for those of you that don't have an idea of what pitching is all about.

http://www.zing-me.com/don4.jpg My pitch joint.

http://www.zing-me.com/don6.jpg Working a tip.

Thanks for all your kind words.
Later,Don

[/quote]

Don, can you send me a "Pitch Joint" via Paypal?

Thanks

John
Hey John,
I'm not in the business of making pitch joints.( but I have made many over the years)

However,my good friend Ken is in the business.You can read his post at 'Step Right Up" Its the last several post here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=207680&forum=192&18

I must say its the best looking pitch joint I have ever seen in my 30 plus years in the business.

Do let me know how this comes out John.

Thanks again for the DVD order and all the kind words...
Don
[quote]
On 2005-03-14 01:58, Reed McClintock wrote:
We just did our second weekend and wow was it great. Our market here in Portland starts at 10 am on saturday until 5:30 pm and Sunday from 11:am to 5:pm I sold out completely of all decks today by 3:30 pm sunday afternoon. I do just as Don Suggests I build a tip, pitch the Svengali and for the mooches show and give away the two card monte. I give them also twenty five tricks with the deck. All for five dollars. Now keep in mind five bucks is not a lot but at the end of the day that is also what all the people that buy are thinking to. And when you hold that grip o cash you will see man five dollars adds up. I also have to add I am getting great leads for gigs. So many people from all walks of life come trapsing through the market.You just never know who your gonna meet. DOn This gift you have given me for a small price of twenty bucks is amazing. Again I thank you for putting this tape out and Whit thank you for turning me on to it. Weekend cash gig leads, unreal.
We figured if we can sell agross aday every weekend at five bucks that is over $4000 dollars a month that is $60grand a year. For me that is not chump change that I concider to be real wages, ontop of events,, and other ways magicians make money. It is really insane. I will say it is tough work pitching all day and keeping it as fresh as the first one in the morning and feeling the same as the last one at night. I think the thing I like most is that they applaude and then throw money at me that is the best. Again thank you Don
I will keep you all posted as to the progress of the joint if you all are intrested.
Pitchman
Reed McClintock

[/quote]

Reed-

Great to read your posts & success with pitching Svengalis

I had similar success last summer watching & helping a Svengali pitchman here at markets while he was on Holiday

For many years I have heard of Svengali & other pitchmen but recently have had the pleasure of working with & watching a great pitch here in New Zealand, Gus Arnold this mild mannered man from Germany has pitched in over 23 countries

I helped him pitch at trade expos with a very slick routine based on his experience as well as promote flyers by the thousand for shows etc-for 3 days we were swamped by people who love simple magic!!-I enjoyed every minute & at the end of 3 days was a real expert at this-great lessons for me!! performing this simple effect dozens of times each hour

The most interesting days for me were at busy markets & main streets blocking the sidewalk watching Gus have huge crowds around his table & the way with humour he drew crowds & in less than 2 hrs had over $800 from Svengali decks sold to an fascinated audience -$10 a deck plus we showed them at the back the quick workings for those that wanted to see who had bought a deck!

Gus came along to our local IBM night recently & was a great hit with his pitch to the members who I think were impressed by there reactions to handling of an old classic

Anyone who has seen previous posts from me knows I perform many stage & cabaret shows & tour with a hypnotist as his opening act all over our country

Watching a pitchman work the crowds & sell a very simple yet effective card trick done by an expert with humour & skill is as you say a great way to learn-the streets are your best source of whether your effects will work for an audience or not

-I have now included this pitch & routine in many small venues as a bit of fun after the big shows or comedy clubs etc & people are truley baffled by this classic card effect bought to new life-Im as surprised as anyone!!

doesn't matter what you do but if its done in an entertaining way-Thats Magic!!!

Good Luck
Its the best $30 I ever spent.I have made good money from this DVD all summer and I'll be making more money from it for years to come. Thanks for all this great
infomation Don!

You can watch a clip at: http://www.magicpitch.com

Magic Pitch is the only place you can order Don's Svengali pitch DVD and Don's other DVD "Building a Tip"

Thanks again Don.(My smokes cost me $50 a carton!!!)

John
I just ordered this and I hope it serves me well. I have over 600 Svengali Decks, and I also have Dave Walker's VHS tape and booklet. Dave's work is interesting (1993), Mark Lewis' online performance is definately not me, but the reviews for Don's DVD is very compelling.

Based on my research, I hope to settle for the right pitch and add a little comedy.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Caldwell (Sep 22, 2007 03:51PM)
Marshall Brodien's TV Magic Cards commercials in the early 70's were instrumental in my desire to become a magician and later a trade show performer. There is a nostalgic feeling whenever I read or see something related to the Svengali pitch.

I've been drawn particularly to the positive posts regarding Don Driver's Svengali Pitch DVD. I ordered it and now see for myself what all the fuss is about.

This is one of the most fascinating and inspiring magic DVDs. If you're interested in making money with magic, in a business with very low overhead, this DVD has all of the information you need. Don makes the business of pitching Svengali decks super simple and fun. "Heck, if I can do it, anybody can!"

After viewing the DVD and then speaking with Don, I realize that he is one of those rare people in the magic world that knows the real work and wants to share it and see you succeed. His enthusiasm is contagious, and if you watch and listen carefully, you'll learn some really valuable information from him. After viewing Driver's Svengali Pitch DVD, I predict you will soon find yourself at Home Depot buying a piece of 4 x 8 plywood, some hinges, and paint...

Hope it helps,
christopher
Update-

Greetings Svengali guys!!

Well today was the first market of my spring Pitch selling Svengalis on my own

Was there only 2 hrs & sold over $200 worth of decks plus many enquiries for xmas events & work functions etc so will pay well

First day out is a bit tough-good crowds but will get crazy in the weeks leading to Xmas, we get 10-12000 in 4 hrs so plenty of foottraffic!!-Im the only Magician here !!

Just talking to people got the pitch started-crowds gathered quick & many oohs & aahs with this simple effect

Was a relaxed time & also performed a few extra close up routines to people that had bought decks after the pitch at the end-good for follow up work-handed out many cards

the other stall owners could not believe how easy it was to get a crowd!!-

I took along my linking rings for a quick crowd gathering extra-I only used 3 times-crowds just stopped & watched & I went straight into Svengali using good eye contact & lots of humour & a loud voice!! This worked well today

I only had 24 decks with me & sold the lot, each $10

Bought a new Hat to use on sunny days in our summer approaching

Things will get better prior to Xmas, I will be doing this at many markets now-the money is too good

Keep you all posted

-Brent
I have said this before but never can say it enough. If you want to learn anything about pitching Don is the man to go to! I have known Don for many years and he is a wealth of information on this type of thing. Plus a great person too!
No question that Don's Svengali Pitch DVD sets the "gold standard" for this type of thing. It's not fancy, but definitely contains all the information you need to do a first-class job your very first time out. We should all be very thankful that Don was willing to share the real work on this with the magic community and preserve the Svengali Pitch for future generations. This would even be helpful to magicians who do back-of-the-room (BOR) sales after their shows.

The only thing I would add, and I know Don may disagree, would be to consider pitching an alternative item as well as the Svengali Deck. That way, if someone does not like card tricks, they have something else to buy instead. If they are already familiar with the Svengali Deck, you have something else to show them; if not, then you have the possibility of a multiple sale!

Also, for children in 4th, 5th or 6th grade, they may not be able to handle a Svengali Deck, but could work a Money Paddle or Magic Worm. Girls may not care for card tricks, but they love Magic Worms. Coin tricks are always a good draw, so the Money Paddle comes in handy that way; who wouldn't like to make money from nowhere, with this simple but effective version of the Miser's Dream?

Both of these items are inexpensive and don't take up much room (I can fit 75 Magic Worms in a plastic Stanley toolbox). Yes, it will double your inventory cost, but in my experience, will probably also double or triple your take as well. SETH
Seth actually Don does pitch the worm as well. So he would agree with you.
For children don’t forget the "Magic Mouse", it works great!
You're right Randy.Seth I have the squirmle pitch with the Svengali deck right in my DVD.It works great as a magic package pitch.

Mind_Magic,

The mouse is good and I know guys that pitch it but the Squirmle is so much better.

Thanks guys...
Don
Don, now I do remember that the Squirmle pitch is also on your Svengali DVD. So buyers really will get the one-two punch from your DVD!

BTW, when that worm starts to jump from one cup to another, you don't need to say a word to draw a crowd, people just stop dead in their tracks and watch, it's like moths drawn to a flame. Another real crowd pleaser is when the worm crawls up the side of the cup to give you a kiss, the kids go nuts over that . . . SETH
I also must build or use a better stand

I have good signage which stops people but seeing earlier photos
of the magic stand a few posts back are terriffic!

I also sell a few extras as well as Svengalis-we used to sell many Ball in Vase routines, now we sell coin through card-the more the better!!

Also perform good close up for quieter moments when people have bought decks etc as there laughing etc attracts more people for the next Svengali pitch

I usually have 3 or 4 decks I pitch with & swap quickly so a different card is seen by those who hang around for a while-this usually convinces them to buy!!

Occasionally, not often- I put the deck in a glass & produce the 4 aces 1 at a time after passing a silk over the glass, aces facing the crowd, this fries the audience & the sales happen- A nice magical finish

Amazing stat so far is women are buying more than the guys!!! about 60/40 in womens favour!!

Keep you posted away again this weekend to 2 markets

-Brent
Brent -- good idea on the swapping of decks to use some different key cards. I do the same thing for the same reason. But I've also found that if you use the same deck hour after hour, it can get a little sticky! So changing decks is a good idea for both reasons.

Although Don's pitch stand design is great, I decided to go with a 4' portable table from Sam's/BJ's/Cosco, about $40. This is a lightweight but heavy-duty piece with a thick plastic top and an enameled steel frame. The result is a very rigid and durable table. It's also height-adjustable, so you don't have to bend over to pitch, which will be very tough on your back in short order. Sam's also sells the same type of table in a folding style, which may be more convenient for folks with smaller cars.

For indoor jobs, I bought a 5'x 3' red velvet or velveteen remnant at a fabric shop for $15. I just drape it over the table, and it looks very classy and is also a good attention-getter. To prevent the cloth from sliding around on the table, I bought two rolls of 1' wide rubber shelf liner in a grocery store, and laid that underneath the cloth. It works like a charm and also gives you a nice soft working surface, almost like a close-up pad. SETH
Seth-

Great advice on the cloths as well

Thanks for that

Will try this asap

I too find the decks get a bit dirty with fingers & bending all the time when used heaps etc

for some reason theres always 2 or 3 people hanging at a distance watching etc so I swap decks in my case or use an Invisible deck for a laugh (i don't sell these) as I yell out to them to think of a card then start again with Svengali

Good Luck

-Brent
This week took along extra signage & displays-bit tricky at times with wind but settled

Signage helped people stop, as well as other stall holders intrigued by the crowds around the tables

Sold all decks & had 1 family devaststed they shuffled the deck-was it now not usable!!Shows them how to reset-getting a few regulars stopping each week-helps build the crowd etc
Received the GREAT DVD from Don. I have only watched it a GAZILLION times...so I understand the concept but still have a heck of a time handling the cards. I set up my practice table in the front room, right in front of the TV and go OVER and OVER and.... And since I have acquired 2 gross of decks and 250 sets of the 2-card Monte...guess I'd better learn how to do it!!

The DVD leaves NOTHING to the imagination. It is so complete, only a dummy would NOT be able to use it. ;-)

I have reserved my spaces at one of the local flea markets this weekend so, with my supply of stock and having paid $90 for 2 spots (also have someone selling strippers!) there is no going back.

By the way, Eddie's sells the 2-card Monte decks (54 cards) for $1 each plus shipping. Haines House of Cards sells 250 of each card (500 total) for about $75 plus shipping. Eddies is MUCH cheaper. What I paid $75 for from Haines would have cost less than $10 from Eddies. Live and learn.

By the way, 2 gross of Svengali cards from Loftus cost almost $30 in shipping from NV to San Antonio. Those suckers weigh A TON! I'm not kidding! So they cost $0.703 per deck. Add in the $0.34 for the 2-card Monte, I have a little over a dollar in each sale. Will be happy to get the cheaper ones from Eddies. Then I'll have about $0.75 in each sale.
Congrats on taking the plunge and good luck to you. I agree, with Don's DVD you are off to a great start.

In my experience, one of the keys to a good Svengali pitch is being smooth and graceful in handling the cards. I'm not talking about fancy flourishes here. But if you can shuffle them in neat overhand and riffle shuffles, do a smooth spread on the table, and generally handle them gracefully, you are showing that 1) you know what you are doing and 2) that it will be easy for the specs to do it, too. If you are clumsy with the cards, the specs will think, well, if you can't handle them, they must be very hard to use, and they won't buy it.

As Don says, you have to show them that this is the greatest magic trick in the world, and that they can do it. Also, a smooth handling helps to conceal the true nature of the deck. If you can handle it as if it was a regular deck of cards, it will appear to BE a regular deck of cards, making the mystery even more mysterious.

My only other thought is whether you are essentially competing with yourself by selling a Stripper deck as well. The specs may not appreciate the fact that they are two different mechanical decks, and it may simply create a choice between the decks instead of a supplemental purchase. I do pitch other items in addition to the Svengali Deck, like the Magic Worm and the Money Paddle, but they are completely different kinds of tricks. I'll be interested to hear what others may have to say on this point. I also feel that a Stripper Deck does not demo as well as a Svengali Deck. When you show that all the cards have changed to the selected card, eyes pop and jaws drop, that's the move that always makes the sale! With a Stripper deck, I know that you can find their chosen card behind your back, cut to the four Aces, etc., but it just doesn't have the same punch, in my opinion.

Anyway, it's an interesting journey and with Don's help we have all evolved our own ways of selling and doing business. I know that you will find your own way, too. BTW, you may want to browse around in the "Step Right Up" section of the Café', there are plenty of good posts and tips about the Svengali Pitch there.

Good luck to you, please let us know how it goes! SETH
Sorry to confuse things. My friend will be selling automatic wire STRIPPERS. I'll be the only one doing cards (I hope!) And thanx for the advice.

Jon-O
OK, glad to hear there are no Stripper decks around your Svengali decks. :)

Now I'll bite, what the heck is an automatic wire stripper? The only ones I know of are the little pliers-like gizmos that have different size holes. You just pick the right size hole, put the wire in it, squeeze and bingo, it strips the insulation off the wire. Of course, this is a manual operation, but it's still pretty close to automatic. So what is your friend selling? SETH
Well, I've actually sold these for about 15 years, mostly at trade shows. It looks a little like pliers with the head bent to one side. You just stick in the wire and it automatically adjusts to the size and strips it. This is not my website but...(http://quikstrip.com/pages/description.html)

Really a neat tool but as you might imagine, if I've been doing it for 15 years, I've sold a few and doing the same shows with the same tool has finally made me decide I need something new. So the Svengali cards were my choice. I'm just having a very hard time learning to handle the cards. But since tomorrow is THE day...I'm still practicing! ;-)
Sounds neat, no more wondering what the right size hole is. OK, who wants one, just raise your hand, we'll get right over to you . . . .

Good luck tomorrow! Wear good shoes and also bring a bottle or two of water! SETH
I have had this dvd now for about 8 months and haven't mustered up the guts to buy the stock and go out and perform it. The flea market in my area is rather small. I really like the deck and handle it well. Maybe I just need to take the plunge. I know I will never know unless I do it.
Sleightofhander -- please don't limit yourself to the flea market trade. That's a great place to start and get some practice because the table spaces are cheap, but so are the patrons -- they are mostly looking for bargains and don't have lots of money to spend on toys and impulse purchases.

If you check your local newspapers, particularly the weeklies, you will see all sorts of festivals, street fairs, craft shows and bazaars that are potential spots for you to work, especially now with the Xmas holidays coming up. The table fees are a little higher, but you will make more money because the clientele is different -- they aren't there to save money, but to spend money. Also, don't overlook your local mall, where you might be able to rent a spot for an afternoon.

You will have to invest a few hundred dollars in stock, a pitch table or stand, and other assorted stuff, but that's pretty minimal compared to what it would ordinarily take to start a business. And while there might be several jewelry, T-shirt or sports memorabilia vendors at any given location, I virtually guarantee that you will be the only "magician" at any event, and will have that business all to yourself, since there aren't a heck of a lot of Svengali pitchmen around! So jump on in, the water's fine. SETH
The State of TX publishes a "Calendar of Events". It's free and I've seen similar in other states too. TX is a 3 month calendar. I got mine at the visitor's stop when you enter the State but I understand most city's Convention & Visitor's Bureaus have them too. They list many events but obviously these listings have to be sent in months in advance, so be sure to call to see if the event is still going on.

And of course, you can Google Fairs, Festivals, rodeos, farm shows, etc. The problem with some of the larger shows is that they can cost upwards of $1000 (or more!). Add in hotel, gas, stock---I think you see where I'm going. I think that smaller shows, to start, would be best.

I built my own tables (14 years ago, about $25) but Sam's now sells 4' folding tables for about $30. These are also height adjustable. You can buy cheap plastic skirting at party stores OR just go buy some nice cloth at a cloth store. I originally put Velcro on mine but after a time it came loose, so now I staple it on each time.

The real secret, as Don or anyone who "pitches" will tell ya is not the table or the skirt or the show. It's PERSERVERANCE!! TENACITY!! I learned last weekend that just calling them in and doing "pitch" after "pitch" after......is the secret. Don't give up easily because, while it may seem that you're NEVER gonna get a sale, YOU WILL if you DON'T give up!! (You can read about my experience in the "Step Right Up" section of this forum) It just happened I sold my 1st "pitch" but then I went almost an hour before I sold another--and that sale was 2 decks to one person. The flea market was not so good, nor was the location. But I made up my mind I was gonna DO IT and I did!!

Break a LEG!!

Jon-O
By the way, as I think everyone knows by now, DON IS THE PRO!! Follow his video and YOU TOO can do it!

Jon-O
Thanks for the info Seth and Jon-O.
I ordered both of Don's DVDs from MagicPitch 3 weeks ago, they have been charged to my credit card (got the statement today), but, according to the website account information the order is still pending. All I can get at their phone number is a recorded message. I have left several messages and sent e-mails regarding the status of my order with no response. Any suggestions? Anybody had any experience with MagicPitch? I would have ordered from Don directly but it is my understanding that MagicPitch is handling all of his orders now.
Hi Bill,

I just emailed Steve at Magic Pitch as soon as I read this.I promise this will be taken care of ASAP.

I'm very sorry for the hold up and will P.M. you as soon as I hear back from him.

Thanks for your business...
Don
Thanks Don. I had a feeling if you saw my post you would take care of the situation immediately. Most appreciated.
Don are you still taking orders from your site or only from magicpitch? looking to order this weekend
Hi Joshua,

Everything goes to http://www.magicpitch.com even the paypal from my site.

Thanks Don
Hello Folks:
I am new to magic Café, and really enjoy the postings on this web site. I am also just starting out in pitching. I recently purchased the Don Driver dvd's WOW! WAHT A GOLDMINE OF INFORMATION! Being new to the pitch business, these dvd's have put me on the right track on how to pitch and DO IT RIGHT!

Don is a master pitchman, and walks you through every detail that you need to know to be successful in this business. Also I want to send a BIG THANK-YOU to Don, for personally calling me up and answering some questions for me on canopies and joint building in general, THANKS DON FOR THE PERSONAL SERVICE.

If you want to pitch and do it right, look no further, JUST GET DON'S DVD'S!!!!!!!! ITS THE BEST INVESTMENT YOU WILL EVER MAKE!

Have a MAGICAL day!

Rod Pringle
I second Rod's comments -- Don is a very gracious gentleman who is quick to share his hard-earned knowledge with others. I have also PM'd him with some questions and problems about the Svengali Pitch, and he has always been prompt and helpful with his replies. Many other Magic Café' posters have said the same thing, so we know these aren't just isolated incidents or random acts of kindness.

Yes, Don is making a buck from his Svengali Pitch DVD in the process, but he is certainly entitled to do so; he is giving good value for money paid and also provides excellent "service after the sale".

Other magic dealers, please take note! SETH
Since I now have a couple of shows "under my belt", I can say, the thing I really like about Don's DVD is that when he says, "..we'll take the deck apart and show you how it works...", HE DOES! There are lots of guys online who do Svengali tricks but NONE of them show you how it's done. But, even if they did, KNOWING the how to do the tricks is only part of it. NONE of them show you how to PITCH the cards.

Don's DVD is PERFECT for both. Even the books I've seen on Svengali decks only show the TRICKS, not the PITCH. It's wonderful to be able to DO the tricks, but where does that leave you? Popular but poor? It takes BOTH...the tricks AND the pitch. And with books, you don't really see the intricacies of the tricks.

One more thing. Doing the cards Don's way not only makes you money---it gives you a feeling of accomplishment. And you will always have friends! Kids just love to hang around my table, watching pitch after pitch. And the good part is, they almost always buy. And kids attract kids. Other kids come by and they shill for me without knowing it. "Hey...come look at this...." I think I could just sell to kids. The adults are the icing on the Svengali cake.

If you wanna do Svengali the right way---GET DON'S DVD!

Jon-O

Jon-O
I am excited to get my copy but I ordered it 2 weeks ago on the 3rd of December - was supposed to be my Christmas present. Unfortunately my credit card was charged immediately yet my order is still "pending" 2 weeks later. I have left several voice mail messages and e-mails with no reply.

Not sure what is going on but they may be just gone for the holidays. This is not a shot at the company - just an FYI for any of you ordering around the holidays.
I had the same experience (see my previous post), Don contacted the supplier on my behalf and it was shipped immediately. I'm sure if you send a PM to Don about the situation he will take care of it for you. By the way, although my order has been shipped it still shows as pending. Even it took a while to get it, the video is well worth the wait!
Thanks - somehow I did not pay close enough attention to the thread to see that - I PM'd Don and he is getting things moving.
I have received the video and it is fantastic!

I am very pleased with the content. Mr. Driver’s knowledge is very apparent in this production and his insight is appreciated. Tip management suggestions and details are very helpful. I also enjoyed the information on the squirmel(sp?) pitch as well.

The pitch is very informative and it is obvious that it has been tweaked over many years to be the lean and mean presentation that it is now.

It may be a couple months before I rent my first space – but the insight provided in this video has given me confidence that I can try it. The other thing that is intriguing is that you don’t have to buy in for very much to make the first attempt.

I was also impressed that a printed version of Mr. Driver’s Svengali pitch is also included. This is a nice touch for those of us who learn best by looking at words on a page. A lot of thought has gone into the materials here and they are certainly worth the investment.

One more happy customer here!
Thanks ambaratur,glade you liked it.Now go make lots of money.

Don
Spring is just around the corner.Time for me to dust off my Svengali pitch joint and go back out making money again this summer.

If any of you don't have this DVD your are missing a great opportunity to make extra money and having a good time all at once.

This is the only DVD that I have that I can say has paid for its self over and over again.

Thanks Don !
Nice to see you here, John. I wish I could watch your pitch in action...

(T's friend Andrew from Canada)
You're welcom John.Glade you liked it and all the other guys that have bought it.

Don
I ordered Don's video last night, he called me today and told me it is in the mail! I didn't realize that service like this still existed. I learned a lot talking to this modern day master and he offered any support I needed. I feel honored...

I was told that there was only one person to talk to about this and that was Don, now I know why - this guy is great!

Thanks Don
Scott -- if you liked the service, wait until you watch the DVD.

It is THE resource for the Svengali Pitch (and don't overlook the Worm Pitch at the end, either). SETH
Thanks Scott and Seth.I try my best.

Don
Well the weather is just right to go out pitching and that's just what I did this past week end.Thanks to Dons Svengali pitch DVD I make an extra $200 to $400 a week end at the local flea market.

How can you not want to buy this DVD is beyond me.I made the money back my first pitch and I'm still making money.

Just go to http://www.dondriver.com to order your copy.

Thanks Don,you have changed my life.

George
I agree with George, Don's DVD is an amazing tool for those who choose to use it.

However, I think the Svengali Pitch can be more than just about making money. Pitching the deck (or the Magic Worm, Money Paddle or other good pocket magic trick) will also make you a better magician. How? Well, you basically get to perform the same trick for different people about 50 times each day. If this doesn't improve your handling, presentation and patter, then nothing will! As the old saying goes, "an amateur does many different tricks for the same people; a professional does the same tricks for many different people."

Folks here at the Café' are always complaining that there's no place to perform, to learn misdirection and presentation, etc., and it's true. Volunteering and free shows will only take you so far. Buskers can perform all day, but often get hassled by merchants, police, the public, even other buskers. With the Svengali Pitch, you have a legitimate right to be where you are, having paid for the privilege to set up your pitch stand. And you can make just as much money pitching as you can busking, without having to use hat lines. [I am NOT disparaging busking, Max Malini started out by busking in bars, I'm just making a comparison.]

Anyway, even though as Don has told us, a pitchman is not a magician, I believe that pitching magic tricks will make you a better magician. In my own experience, I know this is so. Through many repeat performances, I have been able to polish routines, moves and patter in ways I never would have been able to do otherwise. Pitching is also a lot of fun, and I have had lots of good times and experiences doing this, all with a relatively minimal investment in inventory and equipment.

So in more than one way, Don's pitch DVD is a gold mine for those who are willing to take the initiative and give it a try.

BTW, when I book a vendor spot at a street festival, fair or craft show, I tell them that I "demonstrate and sell classic magic tricks." This sounds better than saying "Svengali Pitch," even though it's exactly the same thing. It's also simple and easy to understand; they wouldn't know what a Svengali Deck is anyway! And I have always gotten a good reaction from the bookers with this, who are intrigued by the idea and glad to have my booth at the show. SETH
Glade to hear you guys are out there doing good and making money with my DVD.

Don
[quote]
On 2008-05-08 08:11, sethb wrote:
I agree with George, Don's DVD is an amazing tool for those who choose to use it.

So in more than one way, Don's pitch DVD is a gold mine for those who are willing to take the initiative and give it a try.

[/quote]

I couldn't agree more Seth!
Well, I hit the flea again yesterday and did much better. Thanks for all of the help, Don!
You're welcome Scott...keep up the good work.

Don
I have a couple of questions.

My cash supply is low right now and I want to learn how to pitch Svengali decks. Will I be successful at this buy purchasing the Svengali dvd and not the building a tip?

The second question is how much impact the building a tip will have on Svengali sales in a flea market type environment where people are already there and I don't necessarily need to draw them to me?

The third question is does the Svengali DVD give you any info on how to draw a crowd?

Thanks

Chris
Chris -- if what you are asking is whether you need to buy Don's "Building a Tip" DVD in addition to the Svengali Pitch DVD, the answer is no. Don shows you how to attract a crowd in the Svengali Pitch DVD. His "Building a Tip" DVD will show you another very effective method, but you don't absolutely need it for the Svengali Pitch. In my own opinion, it would be more useful for a busker than for a pitchman, and I believe Don makes that point on the DVD.

And even in a flea market, where there are already strolling patrons, you will still need to do something to draw a crowd. In fact, it has been my experience that unless you do something -- say "Good Morning" or riffle or ribbon-spread the cards, about 75% of the people will walk on past you, mostly because they have no idea what you are doing and are not motivated enough to stop and find out. To sell the Svengali Deck, you definitely need to demo it, hence the need for the Svengali Pitch. You've got to show folks what the deck can do in order to sell it.

Hope this helps. SETH
Don,

I hit the flea again today and sales were great. I was only there for a couple of hours, but I did real good! Thanks for your help!

Having to busk some in the near future, I am going to order your Tip DVD, and I think I may as well get the Jam Auction one too. I think there is a guy out here that just started doing one.
Thanks for the order Scott...its on its way.Glade to hear you're doing so go with the Svengali pitch.

Later,Don
I got Don's Svengali pitch DVD yesterday and because I got home really late I couldn't watch it, but I watched some of it this morning before school. I have only one word to describe the DVD, INCREDIBLE! He really explains step by step the way to get it done. Thanks Don!!!!

Shane
I am buying this today is there a way to do this pitching in the winter?

Thanks

Chris
Hi Chris,

I tell you where to go set up and pitch in winter in the DVD.So yes you can work in winter.

Thanks for your order,
Don
'I made 3 times my money back on the price of this DVD pitching the first day.If you don't get this DVD...well,you just don't get it....Go to http://www.dondriver.com to order .Be sure to check out Don's special.The Jam Auction,Building a Tip,and the Svengalli Pitch all at a special price.
Thanks George...glade you liked it.

Later,Don
Hi Don,

I wanted to order your DVD's but your site seems to be down at the moment. Is it a temporary problem?
Its working
Biragobee,
All this talk and still I haven't heard from you ?
Hello ,

This is my first post after registering on The Magic Café today! I thought it was fitting to post here as it's Don who has been my impetus for becoming a member. I bought both the Svengali and bally dvd's from Don after reading all the good things that had been written. I've since received the Jam Auction as well, which is, as has already been written, a masterclass in crowd building, crowd keeping and then selling. Very subtle but very strong.
Anyhow back to the Pitch DVD. As a result of watching these DVD's I contacted several wholesalers in the States. I live in England and have to accept that I'll be paying large postage rates and then import tax for bulk buys, this is an obvious consideration for anyone but I don't think it should put you off. The margins should still be there to make it worthwhile.
I was lucky enough to find a U.K wholesaler of novelty goods who was discontinuing his stock of Svengali decks so I bought what he had.
For anyone here in the U.K who is thinking about this but has doubts I say go for it. As far as the Bally pitch is concerned there is the fact that of course we have different currency but that can be used as an advantage changing from the US dollar to the £10 note!
In essence, I now have a way to bring in some much needed extra money, and the necessary contacts for getting new stock when I shift this first lot.
Don, thanks again for releasing these, as I think I said in my email to you, I think these are a great resource for anyone who has an interest in magic, busking and or selling!

Take it easy,
Mark
Hi Mark, welcome to the Café' and good luck with your Svengali Pitch. Don's DVD was also my introduction to the Svengali Pitch, and he is definitely the master in this area, so you are off to a good start.

BTW, don't overlook the Worm Pitch at the end of Don's DVD. In my humble opinion, it is a tremendous attention-getter and crowd-builder. When the worm is crawling all over your hands or jumping from cup to cup, it stops people dead in their tracks! Best of all, it will appeal to kids who are a little too young to handle a Svengali Deck. It also appeals to young girls, who usually don't care for card tricks. If you haven't done any thread work before, it will take a little time to acquire the knack of handling the worm, but it will be time well spent, I guarantee you! SETH
Thanks Mark glade you liked the DVD so much.

Seth keep up the good work.

Don
Don Driver's pitch DVD is a MUST have for anyone interested in pitching Svengali decks and making extra income. Not only does Don give you a proven and successful pitch, he tells you how to make the pitch joint, how to build a tip, and turn that tip. EVERYTHING that you need to know is covered, EVEN where to buy the Svengali decks for your pitching. In addition, Don gives you all the information that is contained on the DVD, in written form so you can read it at your leisure. Thank you Don for giving me the tools to be very successful in pitching at my local flea market. Get this DVD as it will pay for itself over and over again. Don, I cannot say thank you enough for making this DVD available. Cheers,

Bill
These testimonials are unbelieveable, I don't even like the Svengali or making money but I'm going to order anyway.
Even if you don't regularly do a Svengali Pitch, getting and learning the pitch from Don Driver will make you a MUCH better magician. I know this for a fact, because that's what happened to me!

The constant complaint from many amateur magicians is that they have no place to perform, and they are always having to do new tricks for the same people. So they never get any real performing experience, and they can never "polish" an effect or get any honest feedback.

BUT -- if you learn the Svengali Pitch and pay $25 to set up at a flea market, you can perform the same trick all day long for different people. Your DL's will become a model of perfection in short order. You will quickly learn how to effectively present and "sell" a trick to your audience. You will gain confidence, lose any "performing nerves," and be able to really "connect" with your spectators by performing intimate, amazing closeup magic right under their noses. You will learn how to draw a crowd, and how to control and manage that crowd's attention. You will get to hear the "Ooohs" and "Aaaahs" and watch the jaws drop as all the cards magically change to the selected card, and then change back again! And if you screw something up (which is inevitable for everyone, including David Copperfield), you will learn how to cover it with outs, and besides, you can just start over again five minutes later with an entirely different crowd.

Along the way, you will also probably make enough money to buy plenty of other magic tricks and books, too. So what are you waiting for? OK, now who wants to buy one, just raise your hand, we have plenty in stock today and we'll get to you as soon as we can, please have your money ready . . . . SETH
JoshuaMichael,

Please don't order.

Thank You
Don
Don, I could be wrong, but I think he was giving you a compliment! SETH
I'm sure he was Seth,but still...very strange.
I have to chime in. I set up shop two Sundays ago at a great swap meet location. I had the flashy pitch joint and lots of different kinds of stock. I didn't need any of it but the Svengali deck and the right attitude. I sold more than enough decks to make it a great day but I'm of one track mind now. Svengali and Driver pitch. Enough said...Rick
Don's DVD is IT!

When I first saw the ad, I thot, "Heck, I can do that!" When I got the DVD and tried actually DOING the tricks, I thot, "Heck, I CAN'T do that!" And frankly, I COULDN'T! I set up my table in front of the TV and I'm not lying when I say I played it over 200 times. I JUST couldn't get it. Even tho Don EXPLICITELY shows you how, I never got the cards back in the correct order by the end of the demo. Had to stop and get 'em set up after EVERY demo! My wife said, "Maybe you just need to go out and DO IT!" (I think she was tired of hearing, "...they walk, they talk, they do a little tap dance right here on the table...." 200 times!) Heck, after 200 times, SHE could even do it!!

So I went out and DID IT. Rented a space at a local flea and DID IT. Still messed up--just not as much. My DL was STILL terrible and still got the cards out of order about half the time. BUT-- I actually sold my first demo—2 sets to one guy. (He didn't know how terrible I was!) But that point told me MAYBE the most important thing. I KNEW at least SOMETHING and the customer didn't know ANYTHING about what I was attempting to do. So even if I messed up, I still sold.

I put an extra key card in the card box and put it in an out of the way place. If I messed up and the key card was NOT where it was supposed to be, I said, “Did you hear that? I think it went into that box. Here, open it up and see.” I STILL got the “How'd you do that?” even tho I had actually messed up.

Today, I not only have the confidence I initially lacked, I have not HAD to use the “card-in-the-box” bit in many weeks. Which means I ACTUALLY do it right. Even my DL is ALMOST undetectable—at least from the front.

Can I say I owe it all to Don's DVD? Nope. But if I had not had the INITIAL “Heck, I can do that”, AND Don's DVD, I'd still be wondering if I could.

Don's DVD is the MAGIC that made me do it. And I'm sure I'm probably the ONLY dummy who watched it 200 times and STILL couldn't do it correctly. So if you're wavering about buying it—BUY IT! I'm sure YOU will not be a member of the “200 club”!

Jon
200 times? That has to be a record! Anyway I'm glade you liked the DVD and are out earning money because of it.

Thanks Jon,and have a good one.

Don
DON DRIVER’S Svengali PITCH

Hey Everyone,
My name is Jacob, I am a demo/pitcher/magician at FAO Schwartz in NYC. I work there selling Svengali decks and other great Magic Tricks from FANTASMA to children, tourists, and young Magicians alike.

I have heard some good things about Don’s DVD and pitch not only for the Café but also from other friends and Magicians. So I figured I would take the plunge. And I was glad I did.

I received Don Driver’s DVD a while back, watched the DVD and was pretty happy. Don doesn’t waste time with fancy graphics or any kind of fancy set ups. When you buy the DVD, you are buying straight information. If you want to start pitching decks or any kind of pitching, this is a GREAT DVD to start with.

Don presents it all, from the way to build the stand you are performing on to how to present the magic deck. He gives you a TYPED script as well as a Live Performance. He breaks it down step by step and answers any questions you may have.

Don was even kind enough to include a brief history of his pitch and how its changed and developed to the create it is now.

While Don does give you a great DVD that presents all the information, he also gives you a very valuable information Packet. In there is hard text of his scripted routine as well as contact information of bulk products, designs for a pitch stand, as well as instructions and more.

Don breaks down the DVD in the following way:
OPENING --- Don gives you a quick hello and welcomes you to the DVD
THE PICTH --- Don performs the Pitch for a Magician nice and slow and with some notes
THE JOINT --- Don goes into detail how to build your stand so you can be proud of your work
INTRO TO LIVE PITCH --- Don talks about where he is and what your about to see and what to look for
THE LIVE PITCH! --- Don does his pitch and wows a crowd and sells out his decks!
AFTER THOUGHTS --- Notes about the pitch and how to set up and Sell, SELL, SELL!
FUZZLE PITCH --- Free, included is the Magic Fuzzle Pitch so you can maybe branch into this effect

Also included is where you can buy bulk items of Magic Fuzzles and you can see The Legendary S. David Walker perform the pitch for Svengali decks at the Wisconsin Fair (2005)

So that’s his DVD, No frills, short, to the point, proven to work, easy to learn, homemade, cheap, and YOU CAN MAKE MONEY!

Yes…I sell more Svengali decks when I use Don’s Pitch. I have taken the time to test it against my old pitch and his. I must say, this is a Gem. I have taken a month to test it…and it works every time.

So if you are just starting out or want to refine your technique or simply want a great way to get introduced to a GREAT area of magic…this is a DVD to start with.

Pitching decks and selling them WILL make you a better magician.

On top of that…Don is a great guy. I have called and talked to him about magic and pitching and he is always willing to help you out. When you get his DVD, you get his email too.

For 30 dollars….it’s a steal.

Thanks Don!
-Jacob
No reaction? Or does everyone know its good already?

-Jacob
I think all the hip people know it is good....
Hey Jacob, your review was right on target, there's no question that Don's DVD is the "gold standard" on the Svengali Pitch. I also agree that pitching Svengali Decks will make you a better magician, because you can get tons of performing experience and can polish a routine until it shines (although as Don says, a pitchman is not a magician, he/she is a salesman).

And for those folks who would like to make some money with their magic, Don's DVD will pay for itself many times over if you learn and apply the lessons he gives you -- it's the real work on the Svengali Pitch. BTW, don't neglect the Magic Worm info at the end, it could definitely be another gold mine if handled properly. The decks and the worms are a dynamite pitching combination!

BTW, I'm curious to learn what other items you pitch in addition to the Svengali Deck. I do a Svengali Pitch at street festivals, fairs, craft shows, etc., and also pitch Magic Worms and Money Paddles. I've tried other effects such as the Buddha Papers, Money Makers, Dime & Penny sets, and an Adams Nest of Boxes, but nothing sells like the decks, the worms and the paddle. Also had a few bombs like the Multiplying Rabbits (a good trick, but no good outside in a breeze and too tough for kids to learn) and the Ball Vase (no interest whatsoever). So now I focus on just 3-4 tricks so that I have a good variety, but without a big inventory. But I'm curious to have the benefit of your experience, which may be different since you are pitching in FAO Schwartz for Fantasma.

If you want to reply, please post your answer in the "Step Right Up" section of the Café, which is devoted to discussions about pitching. Thanks! SETH
This DVD has been so successful and its all because of all you great guy out there.

I want to wish each and everyone of you the best New Year for you and your family EVER !

2009 is going to be the best year yet to pitch,have some fun and make lots of money.

From the bottom of my heart..Thank Again Everybody...
Don
Just reviewing this topic, and I have to add that *********'s book is a very informative read, but strictly speaking, it is not targeted at selling Svengali decks, as much as fooling people (and magicians - note the distinction), with the cards they all think they know. I'd recommend it as another resource for those who want to pitch. (And who wouldn't like to try, given our current economic opportunities?)

Okay, just so I'm clear - this post is not a plug for "he who must not be named," but I did find it interesting. My friends who have purchased from Mr. Driver have had all good things to say. I still have the book by David Walker, which I found very educational. Remember all, selling Svengalis is about making money, not acting like a magician...you know, with flourishes and things a mark can't see himself ever doing.

[quote]
On 2005-03-12 05:47, hkwiles wrote:
Or you may also want to take a look at ...

*********'s booklet,"The Long and Short of It"

you can see a clip of him doing it on his website.

http://www.marklewisentertainment.com

Howard
[/quote]
The book" long and short of it" dosen't have anything to do about pitching. It shouldn't even be mention on this thread.

There is a section for book reviews.

Don
Don did a lecture on the Svengali pitch at our IMB ring in Febuary.One of the members bought Don's Svengali pitch DVD.He can't believe all the good information in it.
He's at the Flea Market this weekend.He asked me to post that he took in $150.00 yesterday and doing even better today.

In these very hard economic times what better way to make extra money with a very small investment and have fun doing it.So guys get off your butt and order this GREAT DVD today at http://www.dondriver.com and start making that extra money every weekend,you'll never regret it.

Thanks Don for this information,you have changed many lives because of it over the years.

David
I am starting my fourth year pitching Svengali decks and Magic Worms, based on Don's DVD. That $20 VHS tape was the best investment in magic that I ever made.

Lots of amateur magicians complain that "there is no place to be bad," meaning that there are no places to learn how to perform. And they are constantly having to learn new tricks because they keep peforming for the same people (spouse, friends, coworkers, etc.). So they never get to polish anything until it shines.

In addition to making you a nice pile of money, pitching will make you a better magician, because you are doing the SAME tricks over and over again for DIFFERENT audiences. If you want to straigten out your DL's or work on your final load for a Cups & Balls routine, here's your golden opportunity. Want to practice handling IT? A few days of pitching Magic Worms will make you an expert. Want to learn how to attract and hold an audience? You get the idea. A pitchman is NOT a magician, but pitching will make you a better magician, no doubt about it.

And unlike busking, where you are basically just working for tips, when you pitch, you pay for your spot and are a legitimate business. You are selling something, and people expect to pay for it if they want to buy it. All you need to do is create the desire, and Don's DVD shows you exactly how to do that.

BTW, it has been my experience that if you pay attention to what Don says on his DVD and the Magic Gods are shining on you, you can expect to make about 10 times your spot fee if you know what you are doing. So if you pay $25 for a spot at the local flea market, you can walk home with $250. Pay $50 to set up a tent at the local municipal fair or a table at an Xmas bazaar, and go home with $500. I have paid $75 for a spot at a big street fair and gone home with $750 for a day's work. So far, I have NEVER failed to make my table fee (although I have had a few close calls!)

I second David's post -- thanks, Don, for making the real work available on the Svengali Pitch and the Magic Worm pitch. I should also mention that Don is one heck of a nice guy, and is always willing to give a hand or word of advice at no extra charge. So don't delay folks, operators are standing by to take your call . . . . SETH
Thanks David and Seth.Lets hear from some of you other guys that has ordered my DVD.

Don
I just had two days of hands on training from Don at my magic shop. What a great time!

Thanks Don!
I have to say, I'M NOT REALLY VERY GOOD. Yet I'm in my 8th gross of cards, using the technique in Don's DVD. There is no other way to say it--if you're gonna do Svengali, you just flat have to have it!

I now get "How'd you do THAT?" almost every time the card on the table changes from the ace to the nine. The look of wonder in the little faces MAKES my day. Of course, the money ain't bad, either. And with the addition of the "million dollar bill" trick, ALMOST everyone buys. (Write me if you want a copy of it--no charge!)

All I can say is "Thanx, Don!"

Jon
I had never really considered pitch before, but my eyes are now open...
Oops! I tried the link to Don's site, but it's not there any more. Is there another link?
[quote]
On 2009-05-23 15:28, daffydoug wrote:
Oops! I tried the link to Don's site, but it's not there any more. Is there another link?
[/quote]

Don's site is up and working:

http://www.dondriver.com
[quote]
On 2009-05-23 15:27, daffydoug wrote:
I had never really considered pitch before, but my eyes are now open...
[/quote]

That's good Doug...now OPEN your wallet...hahaha

Thanks Chris.
Don
Me thinks I have just been pitched... :)
Me ....pitch someone ? NEVER..

Don
Hi Don, do you pitch the squirmel listed on your site? Is that a good site to get wholesale or do you prefer another one? thanks.

Mark
Mark I just sent you a PM about the squirmle.

Don
Hi Everyone<

I received my order for all of Don's DVDs a few days ago. I can attest to the fact that all of them are fantastic. Don is a great guy and he gives you 5 star service with your order.

I found it fascinating to learn the inner workings and psychology of the proven Svengali pitch. The thinking and the construction of the pitch is a thing of beauty. Learning the pitch from Don and seeing him demonstrate it is at least as cool as seeing and learning how a brilliantly constructed magic effect works.

Don's DVDs are eye opening, fun to watch and jam packed with more valuable information than you could have ever hoped for... Plus, they are a real bargain!

Thanks for everything Don.

I'm off to start working on my pitch joint!
Thanks Glenn glade you liked it.

Later,Don
I'm off to college and thanks to Don's great DVD I'll be pitching Svengali decks to earn money. Thanks Don!
Hi Guys,

I've read all the great reviews and this seems to be a real gem. Do you think this would work for BOR sales after a show? I do a show in a comedy club 6 nights a week and have been looking for a way to supplement the income. Would this be what I'm looking for? Thanks for any information.

-=Chris
YES...SEND UP YOUR MONEY ! another one sold over there...one back there...another one over here...why I would buy one myself if I didn't have so *** many...

Don
Certainly, Don's DVD will give you a pitch that you can take and use as a guide to write a pitch for any product. You are correct the DVD is a REAL gem! Lets us know when you buy!

Shane
Hi Guys,
I got the call yesterday and it looks like I'll be pitching the squirmle at the New Youk State Fair in Syracuse August 27th - September 7th at an inside booth.Not sure of the spot number yet.

If you plan to visit the fair or are yourself pitching there please do drop by and say hello.

I'm stopping in Baltimore to visit some old friends like Denny of Denny and Lee magic for a few days...Baltimore is my home town.

I leave this Sunday August 23rd and get back Sept 14th.

I have a new site,go to http://www.dondriver.net

Thanks for all the kinds words about my DVDs.

Later,Don
I had the absolute honor of sitting with Don Driver at the Syracuse fair in NY on Friday 9/4/09 for a couple hours. I bought his entire dvd set from him and can't stop talking about how GREAT the information on these disc's are!! Being a fellow pitchman, previously working with World of Wonders and having since pitched at many fairs and festivals, it was fantastic to sit and talk with Don, but watching his dvd's even made MY jaw drop with his incredible pitch style and the way he turns the tips. Thank you my friend for sharing such amazing information at such an unheard of LOW price!! If you want to learn to pitch,,, to truly learn from a master pitchman,,, then BUY DON'S DVD's!!!! You will NOT regret it!!

Ses Carny
Hey Ses,
It was good to jackpot with you at the New York State Fair.Alex and I did real good pitching the squirmle for the 12 day run at the state fair.Glade you liked all my DVDs.See ya down the road.

Later,Don
"If it's not broken, don't fix it."

I've seen Don say it on the forum, and I heard him say it on his Pitch DVD that I just purchased. The DVD is the result of decades of making his living as a pitchman. The DVD is a no frills attached lesson in the art and science of the pitch. Magicians often talk about certain effects being "workers." Effects that the seller has used successfully for years in his own career. This DVD is a pitch "worker." It addresses everything you need to know to start pitching and Don also emphasizes the subtle (or not so subtle, "ASK FOR THE MONEY!") points that will help you be successful.

I'm pleased with my purchase and have already booked my first booth to start pitching in 2 weeks. I'm going to go in with both the Svengali and Fuzzle pitches memorized and practiced with confidence that I have the tools needed to turn those tips.
Glade you liked it Jeff.Thanks for the review.

Don
Can you still get this dvd? The site doesn't seem to be working...
Don sold the rights to his pitch material to David Alexander, who is getting his web site together now. If you email him he'll get back to you with all the info. I'm ordering his Svengali pitch DVD for my lybrary collection. David's email is alexander0220@comcast.net
Thanks! Yes, it seems he's having problems getting the site together, but I was able to order both the DVDs and handbook from him by sending the $ through paypal. I'm looking forward to seeing both!