(Close Window)
Topic: Music with clock ticks
For a routine involving time I am looking for a clock ticking background music.
Pink floyd - time comes to mind but I guess you might have better ideas.
Please share them.

Vago The Mago
There's a 30-minute song called "The Box" and I'm pretty sure it's by a group called "Orbital." There's a segment with ticking clocks, but I don't remember where in the song.
Purchasers of my Make it Magic Performance CD automatically get a bonus track entitled "Twisted Toyshop." It features the sound of a ticking clock throughout.

Also, on my Make it Magic Volume I CD, there's a track entitled "Hourglass Serenade." This composition does not use a clock sound, but rather a woodblock. However, it keeps time the same way a clock would.

Check out my royalty-free music CD's and other music/magic related products at http://www.arthurstead.com

- Arthur Stead
I couldn't hear the samples on your site.
"Syncopated Clock" by Leroy Anderson is a great tune!
Genesis did a song with a clock-ticking intro. I think it was called `father & son`, but i´m not sure if i´m right.
There's a soundtrack to a Disney parade circa 2000 that has a really nice intro of various clock sounds. The parade was called Tapestry of Dreams and the cd was called Reflections of Earth. Since it's been out of commission for some time now (the parade) the cd is a more expensive. Here's a link to the product from an online store... http://laughingplacestore.com/Product-2947.asp Also a listing from an ebay seller for much less http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1382&item=6516788929&rd=1 If anything, the first track is worth the ebay price....
Thx
Vago,

The music samples on my site work fine for myself and other clients. Try again or perhaps listen to them on a friend's computer. http://www.arthurstead.com
Hello Music Man!

I look forward to seeing you at Kidabra in August.

"Hourglass Serenade" on your first CD is a great "ticking" backup sound to a magic routine. People should try it!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Here's another option for you: "Presto Chango" from Make it Magic, Volume I. This track is a unique combination of techno and retro styles. Sort of like a quirky game show theme but using many contemporary sounds. In addition the song features many magical "swishes" and "swirls" to which you can synchronize your on-stage actions. Anyway, the rhythmic pulse for this track consists of a persistent "ticking" sound.

It all depends on what you're looking for. As mentioned above, "Hourglass Serenade" and "Twisted Toyshop" also fit into this "clock ticking" category. The tempo for "Presto Chango" is 155 beats per minute. "Hourglass Serenade" is 120 bpm, and "Twisted Toyshop" is 100 bpm.
Rand Woodburry's Illusion Works CD. Track name "Cixty Seconds" Clock ticks all throughout the song. Great CD as well!

Jake
Habilo,

Just a precision. Father and Son is a song from Phil Collins. The song you're talking about is "No Son of Mine" from Genesis.

Oliver.
If you're just a little clever with audio editing software (Audition, etc) you could easily take any piece of music and add a clock tick effect on beat...just a thought.
Check out Darwyn Jones-Music for Magic. Look for the track, "Digi Time". It has several clock sounds. The MP3 can be downloaded from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003MFUZK0/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
Has anyone Tryed Jeopardy ?
Sorry to be so late to this thread, but "Costume Shop" from the album Cirque Ingenieux by Kitaro might fit the bill.
Topas did a time routine to “Time in a Bottle”
[quote]
On 2010-03-29 18:59, Oliver Ross wrote:
Just a precision. Father and Son is a song from Phil Collins. The song you're talking about is "No Son of Mine" from Genesis.
[/quote]
Just a precsion. Father and Son is a song by Peter Gabriel. :)
Ken, afre you talking about another song with the same name or the song from a Phil Collins album composed by Peter Gabriel ?

Thanks.

Oliver.
You got me thinking so is did a little research.

Phil Collins wrote a son called, “Father to Son”
Peter Gabriel wrote a song called, “Father, Son”

“Your no son of mine” was a collaboration by the members of Genesis which included Phil Collins. but not Peter Gabriel.

Sorry, for this time out in this thread about time.
I believe you can get recorded clock tick tracks from some of the special effects CDs. Hanna-Barbera makes some that may have the ticking clock tracks. This way, if you can't find a suitable song, you can mix in the ticks with whatever music you choose.

Regan
"Time Has Come Today", recorded by the Chambers Brothers, has clock ticks worked into the song fairly dramatically, I'm not sure whether this is what you had in mind (not "background" enough?) and it's pretty old (1966) but nonetheless here's a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Has_Come_Today
If your willing to do some editing you could download a ticking clock you like then using something simple like windows movie maker you can add it to any song you want at any point then save it and your good to go

Hopefully you figured something out didn't notice this thread was from march