(Close Window)
Topic: In need of a sybil in the shape of a heart
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to make a sybil cut that would eventually turn into a display that was in the shape of a heart. It would be even better if in the center of the heart a chosen card could pop out. I'm by no means a flourisher but this idea I had made me want to pursue it. I'm assuming that someone has the knowledge of flourishes could create this cut. If anyone has any ideas for this please post them or better yet post a video of it. I'm going to work on this on my own but I probably won't get very far.

The reason I want this cut is for 2 reasons. One of those being the obvious, if I'm performing for a girl I can use this flourish to reveal her card. The other reason is so I can force a card (like the 3 of hearts) and make a 3 with a sybil and then a heart after it. It would be easy to make a diamond but I think this would be much more interesting.
There are numerous methods for forming a triangle with a card revealed in the center, but I'm not so sure about a heart. I supposed if you bow the top side of the triangle down, it would somewhat seem like a heart.
I wonder why you ask specifically for a sybil, as if we don't have enough of those already.

For this I'd suggest something based on Jerry's gearscrew cut.
[quote]
On 2005-03-15 22:27, johnw188 wrote:
I wonder why you ask specifically for a sybil, as if we don't have enough of those already.

[/quote]

You're right, I show my audience every sybil ever invented. They might get bored by the time I want to show them this one.

I asked for a sybil because I WANT A SYBIL. The very idea of inventing something isn't to make something new, it's to make what I need, and I need a sybil. If you don't like it then don't bring out the redundant comment of "there are too many sybils" because I really don't care. Forget for a second about how much you want impress the other flourishers, because I'm looking to have a flourish to use for a real audience, not for my web cam. I'm not a flourisher, so the need to impress other flourishers is the least of my concern.
[quote]
On 2005-03-15 23:03, David Ranalli wrote:
[quote]
On 2005-03-15 22:27, johnw188 wrote:

[/quote]

You're right, I show my audience every sybil ever invented. They might get bored by the time I want to show them this one.

I asked for a sybil because I WANT A SYBIL. The very idea of inventing something isn't to make something new, it's to make what I need, and I need a sybil. If you don't like it then don't bring out the redundant comment of "there are too many sybils" because I really don't care. Forget for a second about how much you want impress the other flourishers, because I'm looking to have a flourish to use for a real audience, not for my web cam. I'm not a flourisher, so the need to impress other flourishers is the least of my concern.
[/quote]

I really have nothing productive to say,

But that was funny, good post.

So how many packets are you looking for, Just doodling on paper, I think a heart would look best in 8 packets, but you could make a shorter on in 6. Also just thinking, but I just thinking, but I think the heart shape might be better recognized if the packets were on their sides and not face down. So then it couldn't really be a sybil. I was thinking like holding a V shape in one hand with the popped out card in that hand, and then an upside down W shape with the other hand to make the top of the heart
Kinda like
..... //
...... /
[quote]
On 2005-03-16 07:23, 4Jacks wrote:
Kinda like
..... //
...... /

[/quote]

That looks like a creepy clown face...
Dude, he said it was for a chick.

Chick's dig creepy clowns