(Close Window)
Topic: Can someone help me? (Max Maven effects)
I was wondering if someone could name all of Max Maven's effects, not including in any books. Also, what do you think of certain effects and which effects of his do you do yourself? Thank you....
There is hardly enough room Skitch.
You're kidding, right? Max has created so many effects it would take days if not weeks to type them all up. Just in the world of card magic he put out an extensive list of effects when he worked under his name Phil Goldstein.
As for books, well that's a bit easier... he put the color series of mentalism which is now called Prism, his equivoque treatise called Verbal Control and a few dozen lecture notes. He also has put out books on Fortunetelling. Also, he recently put out Redivider which is a work on mirror stacks.
I think if someone took the time to put all of the effects he has created or worked on into one tome then it would probably be in something larger than the Tarbell course.
And he hasn't stopped creating.

greg
Do a search on the net for max maven effects

Read the effect explanations and then come to the Café and ask for reviews on specific effects. I think this is the best way.

There are simply too many effects and I have to admit that I have not seen all that he has published.

cheerios
God bless Max Mavin.
Perhaps the most creative mind in magic.
One day I would love to see much to the like of the James File and Stewart James in Print, one complete source for all of Phil Goldstein's effects.