(Close Window)
Topic: Generation Extreme
It's out for preorder. http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=938. Good chance for people like me who don't have Generation X.
Buy this DVD. This DVD is sick. I saw uncut footage of this when I was in vegas. Keep in mind, THIS IS NOT FOR BEGINNERS. Atleast have a few flourish DVDs before you try to do most of this stuff. Otherwise don't buy it because you wont be able to do any of it.
Does anyone know if the teaching is better than in genaration x?
[quote]
On 2005-03-29 16:33, magicmonkey99 wrote:
Does anyone know if the teaching is better than in genaration x?
[/quote]

Man this is THE question in my mind too :P

Althou I would still get it eventually :lol:

cheerios
Most likely not.

Still worth it though, just a little harder to learn from
Lol, he made a remake of the DVD even harder to learn from? Does he challenge us? :P
Well, like I said in another post. Brian is one of those guys that he wants you to learn his stuff but at the same time he doesn't. This way you don't have these 12 year old punks hacking up his material at conventions thinking they are hot shiznit. At the same time him not teaching it that well is the reason these people are hacking it up a crappy looking, simply because they couldn't learn it right. Basicly, if you are not at least half way skilled at cuts and flourishes don't buy it. I get mine for free so I cant really complaine.
[quote]
On 2005-03-30 14:32, Chris Keppel wrote:
This way you don't have these 12 year old punks hacking up his material at conventions thinking they are hot shiznit. At the same time him not teaching it that well is the reason these people are hacking it up a crappy looking, simply because they couldn't learn it right.
[/quote]

HA! I wonder what it woulda been like if good ol' Brian just did a performance-ONLY video of GenX, so that people would have to REALLY "learn" the stuff by watching it frame-by-frame... that would indeed be teh LOLLERSKATES.

But yeah, did anyone see the email that penguin sent out regarding this? It made a chuckle quite a bit... hehe.

-Kev
[quote]
On 2005-03-30 22:11, MnemonicaRedux wrote:

But yeah, did anyone see the email that penguin sent out regarding this? It made a chuckle quite a bit... hehe.

-Kev
[/quote]

know what ELSE made me chuckle....

wait... not legal... :P
Actually the email said that the reason Tudor made this new video is that he realized that the first one sucked when it came to teaching. So, I don't know if this is a total remake of the first or just expanding the first video. I hope it's a complete remake and he doesn't act like such a tool on this one.
If he realized it sucked he should allow us to trade our crap genx for the new ones.
I agree Jordini. And he should let us break a thumb off him or something so we can catch up. :)
I say let him make as many "Fast Flourish" dvds. No matter what there will be those certain people that's going to buy it. Do you think he would slow down in performance or teaching when a new "Cyclone" comes along? I'm waiting for that day. You can't be good all the time. There is always someone better. WHO? Who knows, we won't know unless someone comes forward and demos his or her's stuff.

oh yeah, buy the gen x remake, it's a lot better than the first. rehash, remake, who cares you know you want to add it to your library of crap, I know I did.
K
[quote]
On 2005-03-31 17:20, brokin6 wrote:
I agree Jordini. And he should let us break a thumb off him or something so we can catch up. :)
[/quote]

Maybe make him use his feet.
From the Penguin site:

"Throughout your training you'll destroy five or more decks per day."

Is this true? I cannot afford to be using over five packs of cards a day. Say, a couple of hours of practice a day..
[quote]
On 2005-03-31 20:36, CTG wrote:
From the Penguin site:

"Throughout your training you'll destroy five or more decks per day."

Is this true? I cannot afford to be using over five packs of cards a day. Say, a couple of hours of practice a day..

[/quote]

CTG:

if you believed what you mentioned, please be aware that they also stated this

Warning: Don't buy this DVD. Almost no one can actually do the stuff you're about to see. It's aggressive, showy, complex, impossibly fast, and freakish. Once you master it, your spectators may notice only one tenth of what they're supposed to see... and only one one-hundredth of what is actually happening. That's no way to live... pick up a Svengali deck and be happy.

:bg: :lol: :rotf:

cheerios
CTG... I can't tell if you're joking. Come on, penguin was purposely exaggerating. Marketing.
I can do all the stuff in the dvd (not close to as well as Brian but wtf.) and I havent ruined one single deck. :P

Its jsut marketing, they want as many people to buy it by using... Eh... Reverse Psychology?
You'll ruin the decks because once you try to learn from Brian Tudor, you will tear your decks apart out of frustration.

If generation extreme is really 39.258 times better than Gen X as far as teaching goes, I shall eat my hat*

*NOTE: My hat is made out of chocholate
I am beginning to feel that jordini has a personal vendetta against tudor :lol:
I was able to learn from Gen X very well. His routines are of my favorite. It is true that the teaching wasn't very worth while. I don't need to buy Generation Extreme, but I do reccomend it to people that don't have Gen X.

Just my two cents.

Jason
[quote]
On 2005-04-01 02:27, ClouDsss wrote:
I am beginning to feel that jordini has a personal vendetta against tudor :lol:
[/quote]

It's because not only is gen x THE WORST TEACHING that I personally have ever seen, I had to pay 50 SMACKERS for it! I mean, where does he get off charging that much anyway?
[quote]
It's because not only is gen x THE WORST TEACHING that I personally have ever seen, I had to pay 50 SMACKERS for it! I mean, where does he get off charging that much anyway?
[/quote]

He gets off charging that much because some people opted to spend $50 for it.
Well, you know how it goes. Once your a big dog you can charge what ever you want.

I look at it this way with my dvd's coming out. Penguin will be selling them for 29.99 with free shipping.

I will do the same and maybe even some other deals for preorders ect ect.

If I sell my dvd for 50 or 5 bucks, and someone doesn't buy it because I am a newbie or whatever they want to think(yea right, been in the game for a while now) I could really care less, because there is always going to be those people who do buy it. Now I would never sell my dvd for 50 because I care about my name getting out more then making money. Its not because I didn't put that much on them either because both dvd's are jam packed with tons of material, silly skits, lots of funny stuff and overall a lot of great effects. Besideds the fact that I sold the rights to penguin and they are the ones who are going to be making all the mula on them anyway. Sure I will have my copies to sell but I am more worried about my name getting more known and my material getting out to all you guys. Now brian has already made his name in magic and flourishing and now I guess he feels its time to make the profit. He already has a huge name in the magic world. As long as you can learn from his teaching I think the dvd's material is worth the 50.00

I wont mention names but a few other dvds out there that are 50.00 I for sure don't think are worth that at all. Yea, maybe the normal 24.99-34.99 maybe. Not 50.00 by any means. I personally don't want to see a guy do one routine and a few other flourishes I will never use and pay no 50.00

Tudor packed it full of material though so you get your moneys worth.

I am getting one. I never got to see the first one so I hope this one lives up to it.
I might check that dvd out
but I cant wait for De'vo's Xtreme Begginers
gonna be top notch
I wouldnt call it top notch. Tudors dvd will be top notch compared to a begginer dvd.
I just realized that again, (as with THE SYSTEM thread a while back) we are discussing what future products will be. How can anyone make comments on something that doesn't exist yet? I don't know how Generation Extreme will be, neither do I know how Xtreme Beginners DVD will be. (Maybe we will be suprized at the quality of both). After all, De'vo could probably release something of worse quality than Gen X (NOT SAYING THAT HE WILL) but if he did people would buy it without even thinking because it's De'vo.

The point (to the extent that there is ANY point) (even though there isn't really) it's futile to discuss the quality of products that nobody has seen yet.
[quote]
On 2005-04-05 23:10, cheats wrote:
I might check that dvd out
but I cant wait for De'vo's Xtreme Begginers
gonna be top notch
[/quote]

Welcome to the Boards
I am jus curious.

But it seems that there are quite a number of de'vo supporters, which is fine with me.

But if anyone notices, the superhandz fourms only has about 2-3 posts a day and its usually by the same few.

It seems that they prefer to chat elsewhere rather than there...hmmm...weird..

Oh well, welcome to the boards cheats

cheerios
All but 3 of De'vo's followers have been banned, so they can't post on the superhandz forum.
[quote]
On 2005-04-06 09:02, Jordini wrote:
All but 3 of De'vo's followers have been banned, so they can't post on the superhandz forum.
[/quote]

lol :lol:

I guess that answers my question

cheerios
Well it is sort of funny that all of a sudden we have newbs again non stop posting links and crap. They say they just started doing flourishes 2 days ago but yet they own all de's material which is not for beginners. Can I get a multiple account, I mean.... Can I get a witness?
[quote]
On 2005-04-07 04:18, Chris Keppel wrote:
They say they just started doing flourishes 2 days ago but yet they own all de's material which is not for beginners.
[/quote]
These are ADVANCED Beginners I tell ya!

cheerios
Is there any new sybils in the dvd?
lolollool
[quote]
On 2005-04-10 21:32, palmy wrote:
XTREME BEGGINERS? duh
[/quote]

Ney. I meant to put it as ADVANCED so that I wont tred on the toes of De'vo supporters by using the name of XTREME Beginners.

But I guess they don really get the joke..oh well..my bad :lol: duhh??

cheerios
You guys, if you want them to stop you should stop paying attention to them and get on with whatever you guys do.

And Jordini's right in that you shouldn't harp on Xtreme Beginners or Tudor's upcoming DVD. Not until they are released at least :P I have high hopes Tudor will get his DVD done right this time and I hope that Xtreme Beginners will be all HL makes it out to be.
Generation Extreme should be "Finally" shipping today.
Wooot!

Crap, come to think of it I haven't ordered mine yet.

Hmmm...
[quote]
On 2005-04-18 13:42, in flames wrote:
Generation Extreme should be "Finally" shipping today.

[/quote]

Reread the release date on the Generation Extreme page on PenguinMagic. It says that the DVD is being released the 28, not the eighteenth, and so won't be shipped for a few more days. However, I too seem to remember it saying the 18th, so maybe they postponed it?
Probelly. Most stuff gets delayed a few times before it coomes out, at least a lot of stuff from penguin. Whatever, either way you get it.
Brian told me that he is very proud of this release.
Don't know if that comment was meant for me but just to claryfy. I'm not a beginner, I'm just new to theese forums.

I'we only seen bits of Tudors DVDs. showoff 2 I think. He got some cool moves but if you are a beginner I wouldn't want to get stuck with him lol,no offence, but the teaching does require some "basic" knowledge. The preview looked good though.
[quote]
On 2005-04-24 15:04, Book Mage wrote:
Reread the release date on the Generation Extreme page on PenguinMagic. It says that the DVD is being released the 28, not the eighteenth, and so won't be shipped for a few more days. However, I too seem to remember it saying the 18th, so maybe they postponed it?
[/quote]

[quote]
On 2005-04-25 19:59, riproaring wrote:
Brian told me that he is very proud of this release.
[/quote]

Welcome to the Boards
Guess what. Jaysin from Penguin Magic just told me that Gen extreme is delayed for yet another 2 weeks. I wonder why?
[quote]
On 2005-04-06 09:02, Jordini wrote:
[/quote]
Haha! Its funny because its true.