(Close Window)
Topic: The Ultimate Levitation
I have just seen - what can only be described as "The Ultimate Levitation". Yes I know you have all heard that before, and there are so many other methods out there (which it has to be said are for the most part a little disappointing) - but this one! This one really does takes the biscuit - why it was never thought of before I will never know!

I will of course be doing a full review, but I just wanted to share my initial thoughts with you now. You really can appear to levitate!

The website is at http://ultimatelevitation.info/
Wha-b-but-.......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *punches fist through monitor*
Says everything apart from the main effect :huh:

Building plans for just £65 ! ! :wow:
I have worked with the inventor of this and I can tell you from personal experience that it is AMAZING! It's so simple you will kick yourself...

I'm a very BIG guy and even I can get up to quite a height. It's actually fun to do, it feels likes it looks!
Message: Posted by: Hengky Ciptanegara (Apr 1, 2005 04:13AM)
Tom,

Is it a joke or is it a true???
Is it better that any other method???

Hengky
Tom,

Can you PM me some more info ??

Full effect and all the pros and cons.

:kewl:
Is there anywhere a videoclip?
The original post is on 1st april :)

Are you thinking what I am thinking.

Hi there...

The EFFECT seems to be described on the Magicians Only page:

THE EFFECT:
The magician stands, surrounded (audience need to be at least 10 feet away) and rises 1 foot from the ground - no wires, strings or props. It really is that simple. And clean.

Hmmm... could it really be true?
Message: Posted by: Hengky Ciptanegara (Apr 1, 2005 04:34AM)
Tom,

Is it a joke or is it a true???
Is it better that any other method???

Hengky
The method is better in that it is totally different than any currently used.

I know it seems to be a bold claim but it is worth getting access to the MO section of the site to have a look!
I think the information on the magicians only page is very poor! I don't understand exactly the technique yet!
Message: Posted by: Hengky Ciptanegara (Apr 1, 2005 04:46AM)
Yeah...

I think you have to do it at the exact time.

Hengky
Message: Posted by: Hengky Ciptanegara (Apr 1, 2005 04:47AM)
Yeah...

I think you have to do it at the exact time.

Hengky
"Latto now writes effects for many of today's top performers—David Blain, David Copperfeld, Lance Berton, Pan & Tellar to name but a few."

Hmmmm... :D
The pictures in the magicians area are awesome. It does appear that this can be done surrounded. I will wait for a review first though.
It might be awhile before a review of this comes out........

Good god!

Paul h.
I just ordered the illusion, I may write a review soon.
This is the next generation of super magic.
Yeah.......sure it is, sure!

Paul h.
Anyone know about lighting conditions? Can it be done in broad daylight?
Or best done in the dark or first thing in the morning before a cup of coffee?
Ok, I just ordered! All the hype made me do it!

AND...get this, you also get a free underwater fire prevention kit with each order of the illusion! It is supposed to be just as useful as this illusion!

I'm off to practice!

Best,

Paul h.
If it is just a kit with the gimmick, I assume you have to make the necessary alterations in your own shoes to properly install it. My concern with any self-levivation gimmick that is inserted within a specially altered and prepared shoe such as Floatease II as opposed to an external device that can be used with any, unprepared shoes such as Elevator 1 and 2, is that the altered shoes cannot be worn for everyday walking. Therefore you must carry a similar pair of ungimmicked shoes to be worn prior to doing the levitation and/or to change back into after the levitation is accomplished so that you can walk around normally.

I have yet to see a levitation system that is built into the shoe itself as being practical. I personally prefer either the self-contained, anywhere, no gimmick required Balducci levitation or the external method by Elevator 1 and/or 2. I would like to hear the reviews of people who receive this effect.

Best regards,

Michael
You can use your own shoes and walk comfortably in them for several hours. The rise you get with this effect beats E2. Many will be selling their E2 after seeing this performed.
[quote]
On 2005-04-01 09:33, magicinsight wrote:
If it is just a kit with the gimmick, I assume you have to make the necessary alterations in your own shoes to properly install it. My concern with any self-levivation gimmick that is inserted within a specially altered and prepared shoe such as Floatease II as opposed to an external device that can be used with any, unprepared shoes such as Elevator 1 and 2, is that the altered shoes cannot be worn for everyday walking. Therefore you must carry a similar pair of ungimmicked shoes to be worn prior to doing the levitation and/or to change back into after the levitation is accomplished so that you can walk around normally.

I have yet to see a levitation system that is built into the shoe itself as being practical. I personally prefer either the self-contained, anywhere, no gimmick required Balducci levitation or the external method by Elevator 1 and/or 2. I would like to hear the reviews of people who receive this effect.

Best regards,

Michael
[/quote]

Who said anything about shoes?

This levitation can be performed barefoot! It can even be performed in shorts.

I think you may be assuming too much... see http://www.ultimatelevitation.info
I just ordered the Levitation as well. Sounds incredible. But I'm actually more excited about the Ultimate Vanish which will be released in November. I know someone who witnessed the performance that Copperfeld saw in Vegas, and apparently the effect is beyond belief.

Joe
If you prepay for the vanish there is 25% off. Well worth it.Check today for many E2's to go for sale.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Apr 1, 2005 09:41AM)
MAN! It works on DOGS also! I went nuts when I found out. You have to have a really Friendly dog to do this, since the gimmicks hooks around, ... sorry. I forgot that I wasn't in the Secret Section of the Café. I almost gave the workings away.

This is without a doubt the best levitation I have even seen. I wish that I have thought of this! So simple but right on target!

Ray
Great! ;)

:sun:

:xmas:
The very FIRST thing I thought of when reading this..."remember what day this is!!!" But not sure somebody would go to the trouble of making a site like that just for a good "April Fool!!!!"

Still I emailed the answer that'll get me in the magicians section!!
The "reviews" are from "David CopperFELD" and "Lance BERton" !!??????????????!!!!

Then the thing about the "Ultimate Vanish" too!!!??????

Let's wait 'n see if this is still "for real" AFTER today!! I HOPE so but....
[quote]
On 2005-04-01 10:29, thehawk wrote:
If you prepay for the vanish there is 25% off. Well worth it.Check today for many E2's to go for sale.
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip on the discount Hawk, I missed that.

I'm so excited about this that I'm going to buy an E2 today, just so I can sell it!

Joe
"Latto Dioti".... TOTAL IDIOT when re-arranged... this is funny.

S.Segal
Okay...one more thing...as Columbo would say....

The "effect" is that he stands there with people about 10ft away...and raises "....one FOOT from the ground..." .

Why do I see a video in my mind of a guy lifting ONE FOOT off the ground while still standing on the other????

I really HOPE I'm wrong about this but I'll be very surprised if this isn't an April Fool set up.

Sorry about 3 "negitive" posts in a row....but it IS "too good to be true" and it IS April 1st!!
The ad states that the plans and theory is public domain. So you are paying $950.00 for a previously released and known theory and plan. You must be kidding! Before I spend this kind of money, I would first want a very detailed and well thought out review by a performer who is totally independent and not in anyway asociated with the manufacturer of this "public domain" effect.

Michael
Okay...one more thing...as Columbo would say....

The "effect" is that he stands there with people about 10ft away...and raises "....one FOOT from the ground..." .

Why do I see a video in my mind of a guy lifting ONE FOOT off the ground while still standing on the other????

I really HOPE I'm wrong about this but I'll be very surprised if this isn't an April Fool set up.

Sorry about 3 "negitive" posts in a row....but it IS "too good to be true" and it IS April 1st!!
As I have been involved with the creation of the commercial version of "TUL" I just wanted to address some questions...

1) The dark spot under the performers foot in the full body photograph is NOT anything more than a shadow...I PROMISE!!! When you get the full overview or the plans, you will see this to be SO true...you'll laugh outloud.

2) You do seem as clean as it describes, no exaggeration.

4) Latto HAS performed this for years and I have also had inumerous goes with it. It is robust enough for me! I am a BIG guy and mine is holding up (no pun intended) just fine...obviously the system you can purchase comes with a warranty, but you should have no trouble making a strong system from the VERY detailed plans.

I hope that helps,

-Tom Lauten
The other testimonial is from:
Pan Gullette, of Pan and Tellar.
(Penn Jillette) (Penn)

ALL 3 testimonial Names are misspelled!

I don't know.....I smell something fishy here.

I was born in the morning, but not THIS morning!
The "magicians only" section is very informative. Once you read the information provided, you will definitely laugh out loud as to the simplicity of the gimmick. If done properly, the gimmick is invisible. Tom, you have outdone yourself with this one.

Michael
Ok maybe I'm a little confused. What part of that website are there Demos or pictures? I couldn't find them. any help?
Ok just saw that part sorry ill go answer the question now.
And uder the "About Latto DiOti" Section it states...

"Latto now writes effects for many of today's top performers—David Blain, David Copperfeld, Lance Berton, Pan & Tellar to name but a few."

The misspelling of David Blain, (Blaine) makes #4!
Posted: Apr 1, 2005 1:28pm

--------------------------------------------------------
I meant UNDER, not UDER!

Sorry!
Gained access to the magician's only. All I can say to those out there that don't believe it - gain access to magician's only! I thought King Rising was a simple concept, but man, I can't believe that I didn't think of this.

Just go to the site...you will see what I'm talking about when you check it out.

Kudos to all involved with this awesome concept!!
Ok well I emailed them the answer to the question on the site. Is that how I will be able to see pictures or a demo of this? Because other then that I couldn't find any thing of that sort. Any help please. God I'm pathedic I think I will end up buying every self lev out there.
Love the background music of " I want to take you higher".
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Apr 1, 2005 01:03PM)
Corey,
I bet you could kick yourself for not thinking of this type of levitation!
Is it true that you will be the person that will demo this NEW LEVITATION on the up coming DVD?

Ray
I am really beginning to HATE April Fool's Day...!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
LOLOLOLLOLOLOL me too I read the whole thing and still clicked on I agree. AARRGGHH!!!
What? You didn't get the instructions? I'm building mine right now.
Fathers name is an anagram for Utter Idiot....
Grandfathers name is an anagram for Complete Idiot.......

Great stuff.

Gotta love april 1
Ray,

Ha! How did you know I was the one? They wanted me to keep quiet but yes, I will be demonstrating TUL on the DVD.

Have fun guys...
Well "REALLY" anxious to see this demo. it will become our Moby Dick.
Ha Ha funny stuff.
Just seen the wonderful link to their other new Levitation ' The Emperor's New Clothes' wow this is going to be fantastic ! imagine being able to rise 10 feet off the ground surrounded at any time , for £300 it is a snip!!
53 replies, and 675 views in ONE afternoon on a self lev... you have got to be kidding me... I agree that levs are cool, but Jesus lol.

Later,
James
LOL and your on here to . LOL we all fell for it.
Even though I knew what was coming, I fell for it :(

This is the first time someone has fooled other magician THROUGH magic Café. Should go down in Café record books ;)

Nice one.

Happy April Fools!
I KNEW something was Fishy!!!
LOL man I was going crazy at first PMing people and calling friends and stuff . then I felt like a real A## nice job guys.
R d r r
His lovely assistant loFo? That happens to be an anagram for F...o....o...l!
When I saw this post this morning, right off it seemed sketchy.

I did a WHOIS and found that the site was registered yesterday and only for one year. That was enough to scream "April Fools Day" to me. I didn't bother looking at the bio with all the anagrams.
LOL I'm not that bright . all I saw was another levitation. Oh well it was a good one.
I didn't too much fall for it, but I got a real kick out of it. I remember a couple of years ago there was something about a "Dragon" lev. Supposed to have been the 'best' ever invented. lol, all one big scam. I can only imagine what will happen next year.. oh boy... lol

Later,
James

BTW, this thread got a thousand views, and three pages worth of posts in ONE day.. Record?
[quote]
On 2005-04-01 21:36, irishguy wrote:
When I saw this post this morning, right off it seemed sketchy.

I did a WHOIS and found that the site was registered yesterday and only for one year. That was enough to scream "April Fools Day" to me. I didn't bother looking at the bio with all the anagrams.
[/quote

I saw the website was made in March 2005, and this thread happened on April 1st, so it kinda made me do a look over and that convinced me. Nice work people.
I actually bought last years April fools day trick, that was also a levitation ALIDA by Ben Harris.
Correct me if I'm wrong but were notsupposed to turn on each other. Its laymen we are out to fool. LOL J/K I really did get a kick out of it. I even e-mailed the link to buddies of mine who don't have time to be on the Café.
Okay....I just bought a new monitor.

Oooooh this stung me but good!
Hehe nice one..fell for it :)
Brilliant concept. Hits us all where we HURT! (Our insatiable lust for that perfect ultimate levitation!) Just think..a full FOOT off the ground! Completely surrounded! No jacket covering! If only it were true! (Sigh)
;)
Wow... so someone actually made that whole website for a joke!? Nice...
Haha I love it. You got me ;)
Uh huh!
Do you guys have any idea how long this fib is going to go on for? Im sure we get about 3 minumum new members everyday. And odds are all of them want to learn to fly/levitate. So ill say maybe 15 pages to this post.
And I know I didn't help but hey what can you do.
What hath Blaine wroght?
Got me.
Pleasently tickeled
Nick
Dead Link: http://www.ultimatelevitation.info

Any new link?