(Close Window)
Topic: Sources for a cool effect I have seen??
I saw a magician do an ambitious card routine, when the card traveled up the deck he actually made the edge do a riffle from bottom to top. I had never seen that, many times a magician will say "If you look closely you'll see the card run up" but it never does, this time it did I was floored. I am sure it's a simple move I have toyed with running a finger or a nail up the deck, but either I am off track or not nimble enough to do it. Is there a source for this little touch?
My good buddy Lee Asher does this in his lecture. I think he may have it in some notes as well. I am sure there are a few other places to find but I don't know off top.

Check out Lee's site and ask him for some info on it.

leeasher.com

Hope this helps
It's called "The Ripple", and is taught in Lee Asher's "Le' Asher" notes. The move itself does not belong to Lee, but he has a VERY cool handling of it, called "Riding the Ripple".

Get the notes, man... you've already seen how good the stuff can be ;)

-Kev
I believe that it was taught in an issue of Genii or Magic Magazine a few years back.

K.C.
It is taught in Daryls Ambitious Card Video under the name "Ambitious Movie" I think its called.
You nailed it kev. I just was hanging out with Lee about a month ago and we were talking about it. I was drawing a mind blank the other day with my post and just could not think of the name. Yea, lees add on is the grip, and the car production at the top. Very nice.
"It is taught in Daryls Ambitious Card Video under the name "Ambitious Movie" I think its called."

If Dr. North is talking about Lee's "Riding the Ripple" it is not taught on Daryls video. You are correct though about Roy Waltons move "Ambitous movie", it is taught on Daryls Ambitous card video.

Jason
While the appearance to laymen is the same, the grips for "Ambitious Movie" and "The Ripple/Riding the Ripple" are quite different... the former is held in a small spread, while the other(s) is held in a position that-I-am-too-lazy-too-describe-so-I-won't. And yeah, if my memory doesn't fail me this time either, The Ripple belongs to Tom Mullica.

-Kev
"And yeah, if my memory doesn't fail me this time either, The Ripple belongs to Tom Mullica."

Close, it actually belongs to Tom Allen from Sacrmento, California.

Jason
Is the move a bit like the raise rise?
D'oh! I just got JasOWN3D :(

Anyways, artwo... the move itself is not like raise rise, where the card is outjogged and rise up section by section, but makes for a less-skilled solution ;) The impact is still "1337!!!!111oneshiftone!!!!" though :D

-Kev
The effect is that the deck is displayed between thumb and middle finger, as it is said that they may see teh card run up, a ripple slides up teh deck. It's very very cool