(Close Window)
Topic: XCM Elemental (fire)
Hey guys heres another video I made don't try this at home whcih I did and I got burned many times so please don't try this at home. I want to thank Patrick K the awesome ambitious man routine dude and Brendalyn (Alex Maven) I made this at Alexs house and he shot it and he made some good editing and patrick added the music and everything else so I want to thank all of you and Devo for the awesome moves. Give me some comments. http://www.kzmania.siamey.com/XMC.wmv
Your lack of style is disturbing...

http://kamikazemicrowave.com/andrew_ftp/pwnd/notamusedsaran.jpg

-Kev
K tell me what to work on
It seems like you're performing this in an environment that would easily catch on fire. Personally I think fire elementals are way too dangerous to be playing around with for the sake of making a video to impress random strangers online whom you've never met. But if you insist, fire elementals look a lot better if the performer is relaxed and not tense and afraid of being burned (although of course he would be!). And... why would you put a black and white effect on fire? Grey fire, very unspectacular.
You look a bit tense due to the fire I presume. (well, I am afraid of fire in my hands too that's y I don't even try). Ultimately, I don think its worth getting burnt many times in making this vid.

Hmm and I don like the colour of your clip. Its like watching a very very old black and white movie. Hmm wait..it looks more like grey.

And I think you are standing a tad too far from the camera for people to see your
flourishes clearly.

Think your stuff will look nicer without the fire.

cheerios
[quote]
On 2005-04-03 21:27, maji_jun wrote:
Hey guys heres another video I made don't try this at home whcih I did and I got burned many times so please don't try this at home.
[/quote]

hey, check out these warnings on the superhandz page!

[quote]
...Please do NOT attempt any of these moves as they are extremely dangerous!
[/quote]

[quote]
...Again, these were done by professionals and should NOT be attempted by anyone. Both artists got burned performing these stunts.
[/quote]

I don't think that it's a very smart idea for random pple to be trying this at home, especially when it's not their home...

I think I agree with everything that's been said on here to date.
I think you should try the wind or water elementals for your next film.
VERY NICE!!! VERY SMART!!! Keep it up!!!
AMAzING!
10 points for playing with fire over the bed you sleep on.

maybe you should consider making a fire vid that's as good or better than existing ones, so its something people can enjoy watching, and not watch it and compare with existing ones and tell you what to work on.. yaknowadimsayin?
It's an ok video, a little short and empty though...
Just 3 things in it.

but Keep in mind that this is a flourish forum.

"XCM" is a different art where you ultilize these things.
Flourishes is not as "broad" as I have never seen ANY
magician use elementals in a magic trick.

Eh well, I've seen rudy coby find a card underwater,
Seen magicians light cards on fire, seen some magician
skydive while doing a card trick and stuff but really,
you don't consider that flourishy, do you? :P

This is pasteboard frolics, keep that in mind.

(The HL people seem to want "XCM" out of magic sites but still
come here to discuss it which I find weird, but I'd help them
a little for once instead to keep "XCM" over there.

And yeah, Devo is nice, You must whip it! :D
I agree with everything that's been said. It was stupid to play with fire in a room like that. Atleast do it in a place where things wouldn't catch on fire that easily and you had water!

Also, that seemed to be the same thing as the videos I can find on the SH/HL sites. Do something different! That way, people won't compare it to already existing videos. You know I love your stuff, Jun, but this definitly wasn't your best :P

Adam
Looked good Jun, and the quality wasn't very bad either! I liked it alot.

Jason
Yea sorry guys I've been flourishing for 2 1/2 months and magic for four so I'm not very good. I'm not pro or even amature yet I practice 7 hours a day. Yes this was my 1st fire video so I was very tense it was very scary but I thought it came out nice. I will make a water one soon but I need to find some water proof cards. Yea it's tough with fire. You should try it if you don't floursih as well with fire but thanks for the feed back guys. Btw Adam, what do you mean the same?

PS. It wasn't my room it was my friends so it was kinda messy. I did have water and a little towel on the floor just in case I dropped the cards.
I mean you werent doing that much fire to really catch anything on fire. Now if you would have started a fire in your friends room, now that's a funny videos. Just kidding. Smoky the bear says "never play with matches" he doesn't say anything about blow torches though.
I changed my mind. Fire elementals rock! They are hardcore extreme! Recommended for everyone at home. Hope to see more fire videos soon.
Just be careful is all I Have to say!!
WOW. Be careful when doin that kind of stuff alright? I cant say your wasnt bad though....More manipulations would have been nice but I wouldnt try it at home. De'vo and Jerry did it as a demonstration. Again, nice vid but be very careful when doin that.
Maji_kun vs themaji?

you guys know one another? just a thought thou :P

to themaji: GOOD LUCK with water elementals!!

or should I tell that to maji_kun? arghh so confusing!!!! :goof:

cheerios
Where not the same people. I picked this name before I even saw his.
Welcome to the boards
[quote]
On 2005-04-03 21:32, MnemonicaRedux wrote:
Your lack of style is disturbing...
-Kev
[/quote]

Nia bay!

Let's see you do better!

I find risking burning the house down disturbing.
What's a Nia Bay?
Omg... 2 fans and 2 cuts... wow... burning cards...
what the **** did you use to get the cards burning? I use fire in my flourish performances occasionally, but it's a special fluid (expensive) which does not heat up that fast...
eat your cereals, learn more flourishing and hands off fire...!