(Close Window)
Topic: Hello Everyone! Here's my intro (pardon my verbosity)
Okay, I’ve put off posting this, but here goes…

Born in 1961, I developed an interest in magic at age 10 when I got to play with a friend’s magic set. I became obsessed with it. I proceeded to read all the magic books in my school and public libraries. I read Houdini biographies. I begged my parents for a magic set for Christmas, not just any magic set, but the Deluxe set in the Sears catalog.

My mother likes to tell how she considered buying the basic set, thinking it was just a passing interest and we didn't have much money, but at the last minute changed her mind and got me the deluxe one. She now thinks it was one of her better Christmas toy investments. I actually still have the Color Vision Cube and Siberian Chain escape from that set.

I have never lived in a town with either a magic shop or club, so I am pretty much self-taught. I have a collection of materials that allows me to do a nice half hour parlor routine and about 15 minutes of close-up. I own way more material than this, but I only use the stuff I know well. I have managed to acquire Tarbell 1-7 and Greater Magic as well as a few others like Bobo, and Fitzkee’s ring book.

My “real” profession is that of “Information Services Technician” (I help make the computers and phones work for an educational publishing company). But the Internet has really opened up the magic world for me. I am addicted to these forums!

I also finally subscribed to Genii and Magic for the first time this year, and will be attending the Vancouver Circle's Weekend of Magic, in Vancouver B.C.

I have website with a few video clips on it at http://homepage.mac.com/socheltree
I perform mainly for friends and family, but donate birthday party performances as auction items for charity fundraisers

I’ve posted a few items so far and look forward to posting more.
Thanks for providing a GREAT forum!

-Scott Ocheltree
Scott,
I just saw your videos and what can I say. Great perfomance. I love the houdini trick. I´m not into stage magic so I even don´t have a clue how you have done that. Good job!
Welcome to The Magic Cafe!

Best Regards,
Rod Lages
Welcome to our magic family Scott, it's great to have another magic addict here!
:rotf: :bwink:
Yes, welcome! Anyone with your first name must surely be someone of great character and integrity! ;)
[quote]
On 2002-10-03 03:34, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
Yes, welcome! Anyone with your first name must surely be someone of great character and integrity! ;)
[/quote]

...and obviously named after the finest country in the world :lol:

Glad to meet you!

ML
Hi Scott :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
welcome to the family. It is nice to see a new comer with lots of magical knowledge but no stage affair. Who knows, maybe we may convince you to go on the stage works often. To be honest we, the professionals do the tricks on the stage we know best, the only difference may be the number of tricks, That's all. So looking forward for your future posts. How nice that you decided to join us. Please have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.

[img]http://themagiccafe.com/forums/images/smiles/turkishcoffee.gif[/img]
Welcome Scott. Glad to have you with us. :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
Welcome to the Cafe. I really enjoyed your performance of Metamorphosis, very good. Metamorphosis is my favorite illusion and one I hope, I will be able to add to my own act one day.

Joe
Welcome to the Cafe! :wavey:

Margarette
It's great to have you here with us, welcome to the family :dancing: