(Close Window)
Topic: Doug Henning Memorabilia
I am an avid fan of Doug Henning and was wondering what memorabilia people have.

Anything rare? Anyone have any of the old stage props?

Thanks!
Thanks! Off the top of your head, do you remember any of the other Henning props that have come your way?
I saw Doug Henning do a stage show in Springfield, MA., when I was younger. I
still have the program from the show. (Not autographed.) I don't know if it is of any value. Is such a thing collectible?

-Timothy
I have several photos taken during his show in Akron Ohio about 1976. I worked as newspaper photographer so they are high quality 11 x 14 photos. Someday, I may get book of all the photos put together. I also have a photo of Doug signing a photo of him (NBC NEWS photo) with Houdini poster behind. No doubt about this signature on that photo!!!
A very personable and genuine person.
Message: Posted by: Marshall Thornside (Nov 3, 2002 09:24AM)
I have his broadway programs and some letters for when dad was building the LBC for him [for his broadway show]. One which he never auctioned off when he retired. I wonder what he did with it. . .
What do you mean by LBC?

THANKS!
The other day I met a local magician who has the actual original hand drawn artwork for Doug's Spellbound show in Toronto at the Royal Alexandra Theatre. This was the show that became "The Magic Show" in NYC.

If you are interested in it I can ask him what he is selling it for. He also has a copy of the prospectus for this same show..it was sent out to get investors to back the program.

Again, let me know if you are interested in either and I can get some more details.

Mitch
Message: Posted by: Marshall Thornside (Nov 18, 2002 03:50PM)
LBC = Light Bulb Cabinet
I have a collection of 25 Henning posters
Including A 43 x 83 Merlin and a huge Magic show poster.

I have two props, catching basket and a monkey production from the 85 tour.

I have a rainbow dancers dress, as well as the program thru out the years and other Henning business promotion items.

I was at the warehouse as they were selling all the props.

Zigmont

I even have a flier from Spellbound in the early 70's
Since Doug was from Canada, I was fortunate to tape a show in the early 80's off CBC tv, showing him practicing his show, and taking linking ring lessons from Dai Vernon! :banana:
I have an autographed program and an autographed 8X10 photo, as well as a black and white poster promoting "Flaming Miracle" from an NBC special with guest stars Michael Landon, Joey Heatherton & Rick Jay..
Harry Anderson has a poster of Doug Henning in his store bathroom! On the door to the bathroom is DER MANN IN DER KANN (poster of milkcan escape magician). How uncanny!

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com
New Orleans or BUST 2003!
I have a Henning window card for sale if you are interested. Go to the Ephemera section of my website, http://www.magicposters.com
I have one of the sub trunks he used when he toured with "The Magic Show," an original broadway poster from "The Magic Show," and a Coin Pail he acquired from Ross Bertram.
Hi Cardiniman,

Does the coin pail you have include the Ross Bertram palming coins on the sides of the pail? Morrisey made some of the prototypes of the Bertram Pail and they are very close duplicates of the actual Bertram Pail. One of the differences is the palming coin and the lion's head that the handles are attached to. Just curious.

Rudy
Hey Rudy,

Nope, this one does not have the palming coin on it. However, Doug got this one directly from Ross. I also have the paperwork to back that up. So I'm happy. Also, I e-mailed you to send me your address so I can send you the dead presidents for that magic I wanted (bottles and Betram cups).
I have the large program they used to sell at "The Magic Show," autographed on the first page: To Ed, Magically Doug Henning.

I was wondering if it would be worth anything to a collector. (If I get desperate enough that I need to sell it!) :( :cry: :bawl:

It's not "mint." There's some wear and a couple of the "costume" pages were colored in. But it is in pretty good shape!
Message: Posted by: Marshall Thornside (Mar 27, 2003 05:11PM)
Going through a box of papers and sorts, I came across the letter and contract agreement buying the custom built light bulb cabinet for the Broadway show. Really cool. It's in great condition.
I bought an autographed business card with Henning's sig on it at an auction a couple of years ago in Texas.

I need to get it reframed and off the construction paper it's glued to, but it's in good shape nonetheless.
I have a few autographed 8 X 10's, postcard sent to me typed and personally signed inviting me to his upcoming show in Ann Arbor, MI. I also have a stage costume which was worn in Detroit when he and Debbie were the guest hosts of a local show Kelly and Company. They did an awesome show with guests Bob Lund and Karrell Fox. It is unbelievable how small this costume is! I remember him being a small guy but ***! I will have these on display at our shop in Colon when we open (we will be temporarily open during Magic Week in August, planning to open full time in spring 2011)
I have an autographed 8X10 of Doug on Ebay right now.Starting bid $20.00
Rennie
[quote]
On 2002-11-01 20:07, hugmagic wrote:
I have several photos taken during his show in Akron Ohio about 1976. I worked as newspaper photographer so they are high quality 11 x 14 photos. Someday, I may get book of all the photos put together. I also have a photo of Doug signing a photo of him (NBC NEWS photo) with Houdini poster behind. No doubt about this signature on that photo!!!
A very personable and genuine person.
[/quote]

Thanks Richard. Boy would that make a great collection!
I have an autographed poster. The inscription is, "To Norma, thanks for all the magicial training".

I still can't figure out who Norma is.
For sale

http://www.vanishingrabbit.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=7304
I have a rubber mask of Doug Henning that was used on one of the specials and a green jacket that he wore performing the linking rings