(Close Window)
Topic: Old School Card Flourish Video Clip. . . Enjoy
Here is Jeff Edmonds in 1993. I shot this clip in my home in Cincinnati, OH. At the time there were very few people who could perform card flourishes well. Who would have figured that it would turn into some sort of religion.

I hope you like it.

http://homepage.mac.com/tfrank8176/TomFrank/iMovieTheater29.html
Nice video. You got/had some pretty good chops with cards. If you've kept up the card manipulations, it would be nice to see a new video.

K.C.
Nice stuff. I like!

What a great clip Tom..a shame it's not downloadable to enjoy often.. :(
Werner, here you go
http://homepage.mac.com/tfrank8176/.Movies/Jeff%20Edmonds.mov

Nice vid btw
Imp
Thanx Imperistan, I should have figured it out.. :(
Wow, very nice!

That people did like Padiddle before bible exists surprises me, that's one long padiddle as well! Hehe. ^^ Talented guy and nice video. The armspread section bored me a bit though, but y'all know that that's not my favourite thing to do. :P
Thanks for putting that clip up, I thought it was very nice, especially the card padiddle. I really enjoyed watching it.
I know jeff and he is a great gentlemen and magician
Jeff and Jerry Cestkowski grew up together. life long friends. they did moves together
jeff is also knows De'vo vom Schattenreich from years ago
Jeff might be on one of jerry's dvds
Really cool to see some old school material, I like it.
That was really cool to watch. It seemed like he was in front of people performing, was that just one or two people?
Homer Liwag, Brett Wolf & I were the only ones there. Talked to Jeff today and told him about the comments you were all leaving. He was happy you all liked the clip.
If I'm totally honest, I thought it was a bit boring really. Pretty general stuff, and repetitive.

Don't get me wrong, he's real good, it's jsut it isn't exactly eye popping.

Still surprising how old it is though.
That video rocked!!!

While it obviously doesn't compare to the level of technicality out there today, (how could it?, it's 12 yers old), for it's time it was probably very good.

The laid back attitude combined with the laid back music was really different. It seemed like he was having fun...

Most of the flourish vids these days are way overly solemn, (not serious though) where you can't see the performer and without a sense of performance. It's all very cliche all black, matrixy with dance music and just shots of the hand.

Flourishes may be juggling but I reckon that juggling still needs to be performed not demonstrated.

Nice video
Does anyone know what kind of cards he was using there?
He was using Aristocrats, a beautiful card stock with a linen finish made by the U.S. Playing Card Co.

It's a shame that they stopped making this great deck.
[quote]
On 2005-04-30 20:49, artwo wrote:
If I'm totally honest, I thought it was a bit boring really. Pretty general stuff, and repetitive.
[/quote]

I don't think that kind of stuff was "Pretty general", it was 12 years ago.

I loved the clip :D
I don't think that stuff is pretty general regardless of how old it was. That video was great. Absolutely loved it.
[quote]
On 2005-04-30 20:12, Tom Frank wrote:
Homer Liwag, Brett Wolf & I were the only ones there. Talked to Jeff today and told him about the comments you were all leaving. He was happy you all liked the clip.
[/quote]Liked it?
Are you kidding? :)
That guy is a devoted artist..one of the rare kind..
That's the stuff devoted lovers of magic are made off...
My sincere compliments !
Very cool. Lots of stuff from the Bible. Old school, but the absence of Sybil cuts made me very happy inside.
I think he's a friend of Jerry, am I right?
[quote]
On 2005-05-02 09:53, Driver wrote:
I think he's a friend of Jerry, am I right?
[/quote]

[quote]
On 2005-04-30 13:40, palmy wrote:
Jeff and Jerry Cestkowski grew up together. life long friends. they did moves together
jeff is also knows De'vo vom Schattenreich from years ago
Jeff might be on one of jerry's dvds
[/quote]

You should read the posts first ;)
I liked the one where the deck rolled down his arm. I learned a new flourish today! (It's really fun).
[quote]
On 2005-05-03 01:44, Jordini wrote:
I liked the one where the deck rolled down his arm. I learned a new flourish today! (It's really fun).
[/quote]

ROFL... I did the same thing, As soon as I saw that I was like, Holy Cow, that's impossible, of course I did it my first time and shocked the heck out of myself. I did it for my wife and she got a kick out of it too. I think that's a great flourish, so simple but looks so hard.

I really thought the video was excellent, what is Jeff Edmonds up to now?
Also what music was playing?

Thanks a lot for the Video Tom!! Itís very cool that you took the time to convert this over to digital for us. If you have any more please hook us up.
@DeFlare
oh srry, thanks for the reply. I knew I had read it somewhere, just not where.

thanks for the correction
I love how Jeff did the armspreads so confidently and without hestitation! That's something you don't see often, people usually take HOURS to turn them over, and the turnovers are usually hella messy. I really liked the footage of Jeff, thanks a million for posting it up, Tom... God, if he was like this in '93, I can't begin to imagine what level he'd be at now :|

Jeff, you da man :D

-Kev
Hey! Look!! an old school flourish clip!!!
I still really like everything in this video clip. The armspread turnover transfer to the other arm turnover again is really neat. I tried it and....well I had to pick up a few cards, like all of them.

I watched this clip again and I was really impressed with all the packet flipping. It had a good look and sound to them. I love that click sound of packets falling in the morning.
Jeff Edmonds Armspreads vere very smooth indeed.
I think that sums it all up.:P
A side note on the cards he's using........

It has already been established that they are Aristocrats with a Linen finish.

What I didn't know, is that Walgreen's STUD brand cards ALSO have a Linen finish. I just discovered that today.
I wish I could look as cool as Jordini!..especially with the two fans lol. I'm terrible at fans
Thanx Justin. I actually was looking for a picture of this hat online and couldn't find it anywhere. I bought it at a local hat shop. It's very comfortable. Some decks fan better than others. Some just don't fan. Keep practicing. I've been doing fans for 4 years and I still practice them all the time. (My pressure fan is still a bit crooked....oh well).
I just learned to do a thumb fan, and I can't do it well...that fan in my pic, I have no idea what it's called..I just started doing it one day. The cards fan fine, except for when I get about 2/3 of the way through the thumb fan then they start sticking and clumping. Too bad you live in cali...we could get together and form a cool hat club or something lol.
Gosh those cards are awesome. I've got to find a pack.
Goodluck with that.
Hey Jordini, put your old aviator back with the tight background and all. That one was much better anyway. I thought it was tight. The one that looked like you made it in photo shop.