(Close Window)
Topic: Greetings from Michigan
Greetings from West Michigan! I've been lurking for several months, but you guys seem to be having a lot of fun, so I thought I'd better join in!

I'm fairly new to magic and am currently working (slowly) through Royal Road to Card Magic. I recently purchased Daryl's Encyclopedia of Card Sleights as a visual reference. I had spent three weeks working on the DL from RRTCM, then watched Daryl's DLs; he mentions the RR version just long enough to say 'don't do it this way!' As a beginner, I think I'll continue practicing it that way, then move on to another sleight, and perhaps come back to the DL later. It won't fool magicians, but others don't seem to suspect it.

Oh, and I like rubber bands (thanks to The Magic of Michael Ammar).

It's great to be here!
Hey Davros,
Welcome to The Magic Cafe! All the members here will be glad to help you out... Looking forward to your posts!

Enjoy,
Rod Lages
Welcome to the Cafe, Devros. We're always open for you but since you've been lurking for a few months, you already know that. Have fun and enjoy the Magic Cafe.

Dave
Hi Davros :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
Card and rubber bands are so common objects that you can fool people everywhere. You are on the right way I guess.
Let me welcome you with a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.

[img]http://themagiccafe.com/forums/images/smiles/turkishcoffee.gif[/img]
Welcome aboard, Davros.
We are, indeed, having fun here and I'm sure you will, too.
:wavey:
Welcome to the Café. I'm currently working my way through the Ellusionist's series of tapes and found them to be a great source for me to learn from.
Welcome aboard!

There's a tremendous amount of information here and the people are amiable. Look forward to your posts!
Welcome to the Café.
There is always something new to learn here everyday. Do enjoy your stay.

A warm welcome from Singapore! :hotcoffee:
Welcome from Brazil!
I will be glad to help you. :righton:
Glad to have you with us. Welcome!