(Close Window)
Topic: Astrological Sign
Is anyone familiar with the new effect 'Astrological Sign' by Eduardo Kozuch? If so, could you please post a review?

Dave
Hi Dave, I am Eduardo Kozuch, if you want to know something about Astrological Sign, please ask me at; ekozuch@kadima.com.ar
To e.kozuch: Congratulations, Astrological Sign, is one of the best purchases I have ever made, I think this is a very strong effect.
Please, I would like to read the review
ok, I paste here what I wrote at the other forum:

The small notebook is handed to the spectators, and she is asked to find her astrological sign, and to write her name, and without making any question, you can tell her astrological sign, then she spot in the numbered pages her date of birth, write in the year and circle it, and the magician, without any questions, will tell her the exact day and month of birth.

Also, each day has the value of a card so you may relate it with another mentalism card trick.

I carry at my pocket all the time, to reset I need 30 seconds and help me to establish a nice connection between me and the spectator.

Also there are is a new system: erase reading, is very easy to do, direct and the props are beautiful. :pout: :smiletear: :bigsmile: :smiles:
Can you decribe the book? (not the workings, but thickness, page numbers, etc.- anything else to carry around, or is it self-contained?)
Thanks!
mindhunter

It's approximately 10cm x 7cm (width x height) and 7mm thick.

About a pocket sized diary and its self contained. Needs some work.

My only criticism of the one I received is that one of the crib cards was not up to standard and was not readable.

Hope Ekozuch takes note as the effect should not have been sent out with this quality defect.

MikeM

:bikes: :bikes:
The one I received was fine. Anyway, do you like the trick? :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
MikeM:
Thanks for the reply. When you say it needs some "work" do you mean craftsmanship-wise or presentation?
Nice effect, though?
You will need to work with this to learn it correctly (a couple of hours), but after you learn, is very easy to do.

I hope this helps
not question at all?
is this true?
mindhunter

By work I mean you need to understand the orientation of the book and the positions where the spectator writes.

Without giving any secrets away you will pick up the efffect more quickly if you can practice with someone selecting from the book - so that you can visualise the significance of the cue cards.

I purchased it not for the effect per se but for the possibilities you could put it to in being able to secure someones birthday. Theres lot's of scope for spin off presentations.

MikeM
Thanks Mike-Over in the "Penny" forum discuss the method as "erase reading. I think I have it now...sounds ok, but prob. not for me as I never carry a pencil..The reason I was asking is that I am developing an effect with a small pocket callender and some astrological cards and wanted to make sure the effect/methods were dissimilar. They are. Thanks for the reply.
There are several easier to do effects with the revelation of a particpants "zodiac sign". Jack Dean's "Destiny" is one where you actually have predicted their sign with a horoscope for their sign, the other is Jack Dean's "Here's your sign". Both of which I recommend if you are looking for this type of effect.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
i know some effects about zodiac, but at any of then,you are able to tell to the spectator the exact day and month of birth (with no question at all).
Am i right? :nose:
mindhunter

If your trying to develop what I think you are John Cornelius' Thought Transmitter might fit the bill - I've developed a routine around a diary using Business Cards with a Zodiac Circle ( Similar to The Magic Circle Sign) on the back in conjunction with Thought Transmitter.

MikeM
watch
http://www.wickedkippers.com/magic/astrologicalsign.htm

you will see a photo of the notebook
MikeM. Yours sounds interesting. I'm familiar with John's "TT." What I am developing, though, is a self-contained version of something similar to the effect "Chronologue" by Bob Cassidy but using Zodic and Astrological symbols insted of playing cards and the need for a bazillion outs. The specially printed calendar is also going to able to used for other effects. Thanks for the reply.
thanks to everyone´s great review and comments,i am buying Astrological Sign
i just got astrological sign and is fantastic.
I can say eduardo kozuc´s method is very clever.
i re-writte here some ideas about A.S that i wrotte at the Penny...`s forum.
if you are a proffesional mentalist magician,or you wants effects to perform on stage,so i think Astrological Sign might not be en for you.
If you are a magician to whom it likes the effects of mentalism ,(or you use to perform yours shows in meeting of friends,social events or just walking around),so for this category`s magician (i belong to this one),i think Astrological Sign is great.
What confused about this effect initially was that the instructions were written demonstrating the "stick men" symbols in the spectators view of the pages(ref to Key cards).

Having digested all that material the KEY CARDS themselves were printed depicting the "stick men " as if viewed through a mirror view of the the instructions.

This I found somewhat confusing - and still gives me a problem in adjusting.

Did anyone else have the same problem?

One other aspect which other members have alluded to is the spelling of the Zodiac signs eg;
Aquarius = Acuarius
Saggitarius = Sagitario
Gemini = Geminis
Pisces = Piscies

Given the Price charged I would have thought the spelling would have been right.

I previously criticised the quality of the cards and in fairness to Eduardo he did email me promising a replacement - but none has arrived to date.

MikeM
i had equal problems in the beginning to understand how the trick works,but practicing in front of the mirror was much easyer to understand it(after a time i found that is very simple to understand the position at the chart) :nose:
i bought A.Sign 1 month ago and i am very happy with it.( it needs some training to make it perfectly.)
i think it is a 25 US$ well spent.(i think mike m is right about that given the price charged the spelling would have been right , but i think the most important to evaluate about the trick is the effect and the reactions that it gets)
RATE: effects and reactions 9-10
props : the notebook is very beautifull,but some zodiac sign has spelling mistakes,so
it is a 6-7.
just my opinion thought.
i got Astrological sign 3 days ago,and i can say that is a terrific effect,i still have to practice more,but the effect and the method is awesome.
hello: the next monday i will send a re-printed units of "astrological sign" to the distributor,(the pages are without spelling mistakes),so i think they will be aproximately in the shops in 10/14 days.If anyone of you bought the trick with the wrong spell,please no hesitate to contact with me, and i will send you a pad with the pages to replace.(ekozuch@kadima.com.ar)
Also , some peoples sent me an e-mail asking me to sell then a unit of A.S,so i am sorry but i do not sell to magician,if you want to buy it,ask to murphys magic supplies.
thank you and happy new year :babyface:
I recently purchased this effect and was totally blown away by the method involved -
I highly recommend .

:die:
i want to get some mentalis effect,so
(althought i am not a mentalists)Astrological sign seems to be a nice trick,can i get any advise?
how much you had to practice?
Any info would be appreciated .
thank you :kiss: