(Close Window)
Topic: Ungimmicked 3card monte routine anyone?
Does anyone have a good one they know of. I have been searching for.... around an hour but cant find anything. whats your favorite ungimmicked 3 card monte. oh and can I have some information on cultural exchange. sorry to branch out like that but I really want these dvds but need somthing to assure me they will be great.
Check out Daryl Does The Full Monte DVD. He teaches the Vernon routine among others. He also teaches a few gimmicked monte routines. The teaching is in depth and covers a lot of moves and material.

Caleb
Also, take a look at Whit Hayden's material on the 3 Card Monte. That's probably the best resource for learning everything you want to know about the effect (history, moves, etc). Darwin Ortiz also has a great ungimmicked version in his book, At The Card Table.

As far as Cultural Exchange, I'm sure if you use the search function, you are bound to get the information you want on the DVD. It's a very good DVD, mostly intended for the advanced. If you've never seen any of Apollo and Shoot's magic, you're in for a real treat. Their magic on the DVD is very fast and visual, and I have to say that it was well-worth the purchase.
You should check out darwin ortiz's version of threee card monte. its ungimmicked and its a great routine.
Check out this
http://www.darwinortiz.com/video-entertainer.php
Wow that was fast, I decided I'm getting daryl does the three card mone, and the cultural exchange set, thanks for all your help. I will let you know how it goes
Doc Eason has an excellent and entertaining 3 card monte with a kicker finish!
It was in his lecture notes...its on his DVD set too!
R. Paul Wilson's Gypsy Monte.

No table required. Happens In the Hands.
Harry Lorayne has an interesting one that can be played for laughs or straight. It is on the Magical Classics video/dvd.
Bruce Bernstein has an excellent ungimmicked monte routine, but it's in book form. The routine answers the challenges present in a classic monte routine, including making the bent corner ruse easy.

PM me if you want details and I'll post them.
"Monte Unplugged" by Gregg Webb
It was on the Allmagic.com site last year. I search just now but couldn't locate it.
Message: Posted by: david_a_whitehead (May 15, 2005 07:22PM)
Best I have read is: Joel Givens' in Semi Automatic Card Tricks 3.