(Close Window)
Topic: Close-up Case
Hi all,

Do you know where I can get a close-up case, suitable for table hopping, that is just large enough for a few packs of cards and a relatively thin glass?

thanks

George
You can look for brushed aluminum cosmetic cases at places like Walgreen's, Wal-mart, etc. They come in various sizes and when opened, there are several tiers of shelves which expand outward very neatly. I was fortunate enough to get a couple of these for free from a department store close-out. They also come with fabric covered versions but I like the look of the silver aluminum. The case holds a lot of stuff like decks of cards, coins, jumbo cards, rope, scissors, TTs, etc. in a very organized fashion.
Great, I will look out for these.

thanks

George
You can go to an office supply store (Staples, Office Depot, etc.) and find a cash box made by Vaultz. It is made of aluminum and has reinforced corners, etc. These are fantastic for close-up cases and are strong enough to survive life on the street.

Here is a link to Office Depot to see what they look like.
http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=148276&cm_mmc=MSN-_-Shopping%20Comp-_-Datafeed-_-Office%20Supplies

Give it a shot. It might just be what your looking for.
I like the ones at Harbour Freight. They are only about $30, have rounded corners, and an insides that can become whatever you need from the existing options. They also come silver or black.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Cool

thanks

George
Oh I would definitely look into Malloy's Modern Magic close-up cases. They have a wide varitey and I think you might find one you need. Here is the link to the product page: http://www.malloymodernmagic.com/products.htm

Ryan
A few packs of decks and a thin glass?

Well can't you just keep the decks on you, and get something very small for the glass?
I saw a very tiny case yesterday probably for makeup.
Seems neat to be able to do a whole closeup show with what's inside.

it was about 6x8" and 2" deep.
[quote]
On 2005-05-19 20:59, Magicmaven wrote:
A few packs of decks and a thin glass?

Well can't you just keep the decks on you, and get something very small for the glass?
[/quote]
Magicmaven: Id rather have everything in the case---otherwise I forget which pockets have which decks in lol.

thanks

George