(Close Window)
Topic: Insurance
Message: Posted by: xxxRoyxxx (May 18, 2005 08:36PM)
Who here is a working professional that pays for entertainment insurance(if that's what its called)??? What is the easiest/best way to go about it? ROY
Message: Posted by: Lyndel (May 18, 2005 08:56PM)

Insurance is available through several of the major magic organizations.

See http://www.magicsam.com/membershipbenefits.html#liability
and http://www.magician.org/Liability_Insurance.htm for details. Clowns Of The US also offer affordable coverage. They are at http://www.clownsoftheus.com/

There is also more discussion on this topic here on the Café at http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=102238&forum=44

Message: Posted by: wizardofsorts (May 22, 2005 08:44PM)
Lyndel is right follow the link for more info. I think I stated on that thread that I reconmend Clowns of the US.
Message: Posted by: itshim (May 23, 2005 04:27AM)

If you're not in the US then you might want to read the article on http://www.jugglingdb.com which mentions other insurers (particularly those in the UK) also I don't know if this is mentioned on the other thread but if you use assisstants in your show you'll probably have to pay the equivalent of employers liability insurance as well as public liability. (US rules may be different but I can't believe you need less insurance over there :) )

Message: Posted by: Devious (May 27, 2005 03:53PM)
In your town of El Paso Roy, the largest company that deals with this is Rogers and Belding on Gateway West Blvd. You can get up to $1 million dollar's worth of event insurance for a mere $25.00. You must supply the venue information and the window time of use and application.

Do not forget that this type of insurance is also available through the International Brotherhood of Magicians and the Society of American Magicians.
Message: Posted by: xxxRoyxxx (May 27, 2005 09:50PM)
Wow, how did you know I was from EP, TX. R U from here?
Message: Posted by: MagicalPirate (May 27, 2005 11:04PM)
It was probably your University of Texas at El Paso email address Roy. That is a dead give away. I would stick with one of the annual premium insurers. Seven shows at $25.00 each pays the premium on $2,000,000.00 policy from Clownsoftheus.com

Martin :pirate:
Message: Posted by: magic4u02 (May 28, 2005 02:26PM)
I got mine through the S.A.M club and it works well for me. Most of the festivals, malls and theaters I work each year actually require performers to have it and show a copy of it in order to work the event. It is money well spent.