(Close Window)
Topic: What Type of Reality Show Would Interest You?
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (May 23, 2005 07:35AM)
We've seen them all Surviver, Biggest Loser, Fear Factor, Dancing with the Stars, Bachlor/Bachlorette, Contender, Big Brother, American Idol, etc.

What type of Reality Show could you come up with?
Message: Posted by: Michael Baker (May 23, 2005 08:49AM)
One I'd like to see: Running Man.
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (May 23, 2005 10:57AM)
Is that where, if you stop you die? By Electro Man or Pyro?
Message: Posted by: Bill Palmer (May 23, 2005 05:18PM)
The one I would like to see on television would be the one that wasn't on opposite CSI.
Message: Posted by: saxmangeoff (May 23, 2005 05:21PM)
I think it would be novel to have a reality show that actually has something to do with reality, but maybe that's just me. :)

Geoff
Message: Posted by: Dr_Stephen_Midnight (May 23, 2005 05:28PM)
I would like the one called, "Firing All the Reality Show Producers."
Message: Posted by: Michael Baker (May 23, 2005 05:36PM)
Here's the plot, etc. for [url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093894/]The Running Man[/url].
Message: Posted by: Bill Palmer (May 23, 2005 06:48PM)
[quote]
On 2005-05-23 18:21, saxmangeoff wrote:
I think it would be novel to have a reality show that actually has something to do with reality, but maybe that's just me. :)

Geoff
[/quote]

They have several of them on right now -- "Survivor, Amazing Race, Fear Factor."
Message: Posted by: NJJ (May 23, 2005 07:47PM)
To use a phrase of your Bill from another thread

TOTAL HORSEPUCKEY!!!!!

These shows have nothing to do with reality!

They are a manufactured facsimilie of reality created and contrived for our entertainment pleasure. Participants perform retakes for the cameras, vital pieces of information are edited out, body doubles are used, cultures are misrepresented and life experiences are transformed into the pursuit of a final monetary gain.

The moment 'reality' rears its ugly head in these shows (richard hatch sexually assaulting another contestant, contestant faints into a fire, etc.) the walls come crashing down, the platinum smiled hosts freeze and we see the man behind the commerical briefly before we cut to a commerical.
Message: Posted by: dr chutney (May 24, 2005 01:50PM)
The next UK Big Brother airs on Friday. Plumbing the depths has become a key to this show. Apparently we can look forward to more glass walls, including shower and toilet and a toilet camera for the first time.
Message: Posted by: Payne (May 24, 2005 03:28PM)
I'd like to see a Reality show that was centered around a film crew that was filming another reality show.
Message: Posted by: Bill Palmer (May 24, 2005 03:52PM)
[quote]
On 2005-05-23 20:47, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
To use a phrase of your Bill from another thread

TOTAL HORSEPUCKEY!!!!!

These shows have nothing to do with reality!

They are a manufactured facsimilie of reality created and contrived for our entertainment pleasure. Participants perform retakes for the cameras, vital pieces of information are edited out, body doubles are used, cultures are misrepresented and life experiences are transformed into the pursuit of a final monetary gain.

The moment 'reality' rears its ugly head in these shows (richard hatch sexually assaulting another contestant, contestant faints into a fire, etc.) the walls come crashing down, the platinum smiled hosts freeze and we see the man behind the commerical briefly before we cut to a commerical.
[/quote]

I left out the ;)

Actually, Nicholas, I must disagree with you on one part. No vital information is ever edited out of these shows. There IS NO VITAL INFORMATION in these shows.

They are as "genuine" as professional wrestling.

Maybe the versions you get down under aren't edited as well as ours are. I've never seen Jeff Probst actually freeze before they cut to a commercial.

We had an idea for one in Texas.

You have twenty people in lavender Ford El Caminos start in Dallas and drive to Houston. On each one's bumper would be a sticker that said, "I'm From Up North, I Like the Dixie Chicks, And I'm Here to Take Your Guns."

The one that survived would be the winner.
Message: Posted by: Rickfcm (May 24, 2005 06:05PM)
I'd like to see people in government jobs (especially Congress) have to work for a living, pay for their own insurance and try to survive on a paycheck that is gutted by taxes.
Rick
Message: Posted by: Bill Palmer (May 24, 2005 09:02PM)
Now that's a nasty reality show.

When Senator Eagleton retired, he opened up a bed and breakfast, which went bankrupt in about a year. He said, "If I had known how difficult I was making things for small businessmen, I would never have passed most of the laws I voted for."
Message: Posted by: Donnie (May 28, 2005 08:02AM)
I'd like to see a reality TV show where I spend the entire time in Paris...Paris Hilton that is.
Message: Posted by: Partizan (May 28, 2005 08:34AM)
Porn Idol!
Message: Posted by: NJJ (May 31, 2005 12:41AM)
[quote]

I left out the ;)

Actually, Nicholas, I must disagree with you on one part. No vital information is ever edited out of these shows. There IS NO VITAL INFORMATION in these shows.

They are as "genuine" as professional wrestling.

Maybe the versions you get down under aren't edited as well as ours are. I've never seen Jeff Probst actually freeze before they cut to a commercial.

We had an idea for one in Texas.

You have twenty people in lavender Ford El Caminos start in Dallas and drive to Houston. On each one's bumper would be a sticker that said, "I'm From Up North, I Like the Dixie Chicks, And I'm Here to Take Your Guns."

The one that survived would be the winner.
[/quote]

Oh gee....now I have to get down off my high horse.
Message: Posted by: irossall (May 31, 2005 06:31AM)
Public Executions of proven scum of the earth murderer's and violent sex offender's.
This would be "Pay Per View" and the proceeds would go to the victims of the crime involved or the surviving family.
Other than that, I don't like "Reality" shows at all.
Most people don't remember the public execution of Gary Gilmore (1-17-77). Gilmore was executed by firing squad and was on regular tv during the daylight hours when anyone who wanted to watch (including children) could do so. The execution was aired "live" out of the state of Utah.
It seems to me that the biggest argument I hear about public executions is the trauma that it would create for the public but the fact that most people don't even remember the Gary Gilmore execution seem to me to counter this attitude.
Iven :patty:
Message: Posted by: Harry Murphy (May 31, 2005 09:29AM)
Bill, I think that the reality show that featured a paint shop painting El Camino’s lavender would be a hoot! It would almost be like "American Chopper"!

By the way the drivers of those 20 lavender El Camino’s would not have to have even one bumper sticker. Just driving a Lavender El Camino would be enough to cause them problems! That would be considered blasphemy in Texas! Winner takes all!
Message: Posted by: NJJ (Jun 1, 2005 02:01AM)
[quote]
On 2005-05-31 07:31, irossall wrote:
Public Executions of proven scum of the earth murderer's and violent sex offender's.
This would be "Pay Per View" and the proceeds would go to the victims of the crime involved or the surviving family.
Other than that, I don't like "Reality" shows at all.
Most people don't remember the public execution of Gary Gilmore (1-17-77). Gilmore was executed by firing squad and was on regular tv during the daylight hours when anyone who wanted to watch (including children) could do so. The execution was aired "live" out of the state of Utah.
It seems to me that the biggest argument I hear about public executions is the trauma that it would create for the public but the fact that most people don't even remember the Gary Gilmore execution seem to me to counter this attitude.
Iven :patty:
[/quote]

That is the most digusting thing I have ever read on the Café.
Message: Posted by: irossall (Jun 1, 2005 05:47AM)
I have had 5 Family members murdered for no other reason than robbery.
At least one of the murderer's was recently released from prison before commiting the murder's. To me that is the most disgusting thing.
I agree that this whole thing is disgusting but as the authorities do less the public will do more. And if you do a little research you will find that more and more people agree with me.
Iven :patty:
Message: Posted by: Dennis Michael (Jun 1, 2005 06:57AM)
You would be amazed at the number of volunteers there are for a rifle squad if public executions were a reality show. It probably would beat the number of people who wanted to be on the Apprentice, and that was over a million.
Message: Posted by: Cliffg37 (Jun 1, 2005 08:02PM)
I would like to see something similar to the great race, where pople with no cash, and frozen bank acounts and forewarned friends and relatives are set to race against each other. the winner os the one who calls the people at the starting point from the farthest distance away, after say 1 week.
Message: Posted by: Lee Darrow (Jun 1, 2005 08:18PM)
I'd like to see one where members of Congress have been mistakenly profiled as terrorists, due to secret searches of their library and internet records and aren't allowed to get on commercial airlines because of that. Now they have to try to get their records straightened out, but can't because the records of the searches are sealed and locked as ordered by the Patriot Act so they can't fly or take a train.

That would make some really good TV viewing in my opinion.

Too political?

Lee Darrow, C.H.