(Close Window)
Topic: I shouldn't laugh but....
It's not at all funny but I defy you not to laugh..

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk.news.referreris.servervieth.dyndns.org/news/20050502news92847293847.html][b]Click here[/b][/url]

Howard
Did this really happen? 28 people killed, this is insane. You know, I would usually laugh at extreme human stupidity, even if someone is hurt or killed. But this is beyond that. Do you think these guys had any choice in what was going on? Sounds like the President of this fighting league put them up to it, do you think these were willing combatants?
Whoa ... that's heavy duty! Talk about some insane midgets ... I'm not going to feel pity for them, they after all accepted the challenge and willingly got themselves into this mess. But I would think they had enough common sence to bring weapons with them, this article doesn't say?

JoeJoe
Definately JoeJoe,

I would expect them to have weapons but it dosen't say, I don't get the impression that they did. The thing that worries me is that this happened in Cambodia and I'm hoping that these little dudes weren't just being exploited and used as "lion fodder". I'm not 100 percent that they did know what they were in for, their "handler" may have literally led them to slaughter. Who knows, it definately is a big old goofy World.
I had the impression they did not have weapons - their fearless leader assumed they would be able to over power the lion. I don't know what would have given him that idea.

I doubt they were forced into it, or tricked into it ... I get the impression they were all willing participants. If the tickets were sold out for 3 weeks, how would you keep the midgets from finding out? Then again, I'm not familar with Cambodia so I guess I really don't know.

JoeJoe
Sweet mother of mercy! What total madness, what total stupidity!!! This wins the years Darwin award!

I was told that the tiny Chihuahua dog was used in pre history Mexico to hunt cougars (mountain lion). Packs of over a hundred would bring the big cat down. I guess this promoter Sihamoni thought that 48 small men was enough! I wonder what was going through the menís head when they got into the ring with the beast. They had to know that several would be hurt, maimed, and probably killed before they subdued the critter! I also wonder is Mr. Sihamoni was one of the guys in the ring?

The insanity of people never ceases to amaze me. If you read that story as part of a novel you would think that the author was totally out of touch with human behavior. Whew!!
Somehow I was disappointed to find this out - I know, I'm a sick puppy:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/a/2005_05_10.htm

Now with that being discovered, how well do you think 42 midgets would do against a lion???

JoeJoe
I had a whole response written up about how stupid people get what they deserve but in the interests of good taste I'll just say:

GO LION!!!!!!
Whoever put this together was very clever. Very believable since you can navigate the rest of the site like the normal BBC news page.

It's always the midgets...
Oh dear that's spoilt all the fun...

well this is for real it was in todys Daily Mail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=349798&in_page_id=1770

another example of our bright youngsters

Howard
What a pair of raving loonies!
I have to say I was equally dumbfounded earlier this month by the antics of this lot

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/oxfordshire/4503027.stm

Students do idiotic things the world over, but the thought I had was why did they continue jumping after the first few had injured themselves.

And from here will come the next generation of Cabinet Ministers. Says it all.
High education. No common sense.
Whew! Thank goodness that the story was a fraud (oh how easily I was taken in! I still pay the quarter to see the naked girl in the blade box!)I was truely worried about the midigets and was starting a relief fund. Now I'm stuck with $800.00 in donations to spend (well I can always justify spending it on myself as being short!).
Okay, you got me. I would still say "Go Lion!!!" though.
Since this topic was brought up, Check out the [b]Darwin Awards[/b]:

http://www.darwinawards.com/index.html

These are real stupid stuff people do, hence the dawin award since their gentic link to reproduce is gone! (Because they are dead!)
I checked this first thing this morning. As I was sitting around last night I was saying to myself "there is no way this can be true, gotta be an urban legend" 28 people killed, no cameras allowed in the venue etc. Thanks JoeJoe for finding that, I was going to snopes first thing this morning.

I wouldn't mind seeing some mini-gladiators taking on a lion. If they had weapons, like swiss army knives or something.
Yup, natural selection still works.
Wow.... usually on others boards either first or second got it... this one took awhile.

How is this for stratagy:

Let the lion eat 5 midgets on your team, wait for him to get full and tired, then bum rush him.
I think that strategy would work the same if he only ate one midget...i mean how many can he really fit in his mouth...

but that's another thing..
I think that strategy would work the same if he only ate one midget...i mean how many can he really fit in his mouth...

but that's another thing..