(Close Window)
Topic: I need help getting hired for a restaurant gig
Hey, I really want to do restaurant magic! I was wondering what do I do or say to get hired? What should I charge? etc...

Thanks
Shane
First... go read "The Restaurant Worker's Handbook" by Jim Pace & Jerry MacGregor. Then, if you still have questions, feel free to ask.
You might also want to check out The Magic Menu. Also do a search as this has been discussed before.
"The Complete Guide to Restaurant and Walk Around Magic", by Kirk Charles. Full of fruitful information to get you going. A wise investment for Restaurant workers.
I want to recommend Scott Hollingsworth's Cashing In On Close-up Magic. No tricks, but very sage advice on getting and keeping the "gig".

Respectfully,

Paul Green
Thanks for this info, it's very helpful to me also

Tom
Magic is like a business nowadays if you want to get paid..
The product we are selling is Magic, and in business, you have to know the right people in order to succeed, and people not only need to like your product, but you as a person.
Same for magic. You can be incredibly skillful, but not liked by people very much. If they don't like you, they won't hire you.
Read the books. Then ask. Or, you can do a search since this question and likely many others you have not asked yet have been answered in many threads. But I still highly recommend you get a hold of the books mentioned above. You won't have to many questions after that.