(Close Window)
Topic: Escape performance videos needed for WEAR
Hey gang...I am putting together a video for the W.E.A.R. event... I have it completed except for a few spots that I would like to put video of escape artists performing. This video so far has pictures of most everyone already signed up for WEAR. I just wanted to do something cool for the event that I hope all of you would enjoy. I would like to complete it today or tomorrow and post it for everyone to see and have.

Here is exactly what I need...
A SHORT video of you escaping....preferably the final 10-20 seconds of the escape. It can be other parts as well...but honestly I don't need more than 10 seconds from any one person. It would be great if it already exists on your website where I can grab it. Otherwise email or instant messenger would be fine. The format needs to be AVI MPEG MOV or even a GIF.

Also if anyone has a good quality video or know of a site with high quality video of Houdini doing his standing straightjacket, hanging straightjacket or bridge jump, that would be greatly appreciated.

My email is kevin@livingillusions.com
AOL instant messenger is livingilusion...note only one "L" and no "S" at end of ilusion.

I look forward to seeing what you guys and gals come up with.

Kevin
Kevin, is a picture alright?

Perry
Perry a picture would be great..you are one of the few I don't have a picture of yet. Get it to me asap.

Kevin
How's Saturday when I get my SJ??

Perry

Also, do you have an IM yahoo or AIM

I'm on now

Perry
Kevin, I have a video in VHS format, but I'm not sure if it's with me in Memphis, or packed up in a box in Little Rock. Would that be of any use to you?

Margarette
Margarette...
The format wouldn't be good for me right now. However, do you have a good picture I could use for the video? I have one currently, but it's not the best. If so send one right away, thanks.

Thanks to the two people that are working on sending video tomorrow. Also I have one person getting some Houdini footage from the bridge jump in Paris.

Anyone else wannna send anything in, please do so soon. I would like to wrap up this video over the next two days.

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin,
This is very nice of you...to do this work and include all of us, Thank you!

I just e-mailed you a video (sorry if it's a long download). If you need a photo let me know. I cut the sound from the video because I assumed you'd be adding your own on the finished cut...is that right? If I messed up, I'll resend. :(

Thanks again for the cool idea.
Morgan
MOrgan...thanks for the email. I think you will be pleased with the photo I found of you and had already put into the video. It was one of your Straightjacket poses. I hope to have it all done soon.

Thanks again,
Kevin
I'm taping a show tonight for showreel purposes, so I'll hopefully be able to send you something in the next couple of days.
Kevin, have PM'd you....

Chance
Kevin,

I have a show tonight but I'll try to get something to you over the weekend. I can send the USDSJ escape if you like.

Clyde
Kevin,

I have sent some photos, no video in the right format is at hand. Thank you very much!

Yours,

Paul
Thank to all that have sent items last night and this morning.

Clyde...send what you have today or tomorrow if possible. Also I may need several options for sites to pst the video. The other thing is I would like to keep it as true to the original size as possible, but have another option for a smaller download. Any ideas from you guys and gals?n
Kevin
Eevin,

You are welcome to post the video on the WEAR site. I lost the original video capture of the USDSJ escape and only have the WMV version. I'll not have time to recapture it so run without me.

Thanks

Clyde
Hi Kevin,

I think I am going to stick to a still photo, I remember sending Clyde a video of the commercial I did, and in order to send it I had to drop the size down under 2 mg's. This killed the quality of it. I will send you a still this evening. Sadly, Chain seems very hard to photograph well.
Kevin,
Pix I have from our website. Shall I send you something or have you found some already? Sorry no computer based video of an escape can be easily accessed at this time. I will remedy that but not it time for your project.
Cliff...no problem, If you wish just send the raw file...but only send like 10 seconds.

Clyde...I have a good pic of you so far...if you get video from tonite just send that over the weekend

Ed...I have a pic from your site...but didn't find anything escape related....I used one of you with the rope on stage.

Kevin
Hi Kevin

Thanks a lot fr going to all this trouble. There are a lot of pictures and Videos on the website/s (links below). Please let me know if you need any more.

http://www.thefreakshow.co.uk/videos.html
http://www.straitjacketcircus.co.uk/escapology.html

Cheers

David
I should get my SJ today, so I'll send it tonight

And one other question for you Kevin, do we all get copies? How do we get them?

great talking last night, you know my e-mail

Perry
David...
Thanks...I am having trouble saving your videos in a file format that I can import in Premier. Maybe it's my fault, but I can't seem to get it imported. If you can get a short clip to me in another format that would be great.

Thank

Kevin
Kevin,
Sent you an escape photo montage of my escape act. Made by our own Rick Slimser here at the Café. If that works better for you...great, if not...cool. Thanks!
Ed...thanks for the email. I have taken out the non escape photo and inserted the one you just sent.

Thanks
Kevin

P.S. The video is looking awesome...I can't wait for you guys to see it!
We are tingling with anticipation!
Done, e-mailed you

Perry
Ok, the video is done!

Here is what I need now. I need some people to host the video. My site designer is away for the weekend.
For anyone that can host it, what format would you like it in. Please keep in mind the bigger the file the better as far as quality goes. It may better as a stream or as a download. I don't know that much in this area.

Email me and let me know as well as posting here.

Thanks for all your contributions gang!

Kevin

P.S. By the way in non compressed format it is 300MB and 1 minute 21 seconds long.
I know of matt ( magicformagicians.info my friend ) he'd love to hose it

he just went away, he'll be on tomrow, we have space to host it on, how's hosting tomworw?

Perry
Thanks Perry...Get ahold of me tomorrow. Multiple sites will be good.

Kevin
Can you call me?

P
Ok...we hope to have it all going sometime this weekend. With Matt's help from magicformagicians.com we should have it done soon.

To those that got me video files in windows media video...I was able to get a codec for it and include it in the video...

Thanks guys for you contributions.

Kevin
http://www.magicformagicians.INFO lol, lets get r done

P

Kevin, would you e-mail me your phone #, I may have matt call you

Perry
Kevin,

I was able to get the video capture setup on this computer and recapture the USDSJ Escape ending. It is analog so its not real crisp but hopefully will work. Its in AVI format and though it is only 1.5 minutes long it is 339 megs. How can I get it to you?

Clyde

Kevin,

The file can be found at: wearevent.info/vido.htm
It can be saved by right clicking then "Save As" as you probably know.

Thanks!

Clyde
Clyde...I was able to get a codec and change the format of your video I had earlier. I have your USDSJ in the video.

Thanks

Kevin

P.S. I have sent the finished video to Matt at magicformagicians. Hopefully it will be up soon.
Thanks Kevin, it should be up around, 7 pm Indiana time

Perry
Kevin,

F A N T A S T I C Video! I LOVE IT! I had to play it several times and I still couldn't stop smiling! It plays well online too!

Thanks so much for your efforts. I'm sure it will help the cause.

Clyde
Hi Kevin,

If you send me the completed video I'll be more than happy to put it on my WEAR page of my site.

.WMV would be good as I'll be able to embed the video into the site itself.

If you want you can email it to me at roslynwalker@aol.com

Cheers,

Ros
I must have missed something,
who has this video up and where can I see it?

Thanks

Cliff
The video is now on my site at http://www.roslynwalker.com/wear.htm

Ros
Thanks Ros....

Hey guys and gals, the video is now online!
Remember to crank up your speakers!!!

Hope you enjoy it.

Kevin
Nice work, Kevin, thanks! The soundtrack of Drowning Pool's "Bodies" was a mischievous touch, with the band's name relating to the footage of underwater escapes and the chorus of "Let the bodies hit the floor" going on over footage of suspended escape attempts. :P
Sorry I landed on the cutting room floor, but that video is just plain amazing! Great work! I loved the scene of Kristen jumping/sliding into the tank, and I am looking forward to seeing it done live.

Like Pastor Clyde, I keep on playing it, and I feel both excited to see it and proud to be part of such a group.

P.S. great chioce in music!
Thanks for the kind words guys. I had hoped it would be exciting and intense to watch.
Cliff...Sorry, your video didn't make it in. I can redo it and make sure at least a pic is in there..was there no pic of you?

Helen...
Thanks for noticing the small things about the song. I felt it had the right intensity level as well as hidden meanings throughout the song.

Kevin
No, the picture of me got left out too, but no need to re-do. I was being honest when I said the video was great. Keep up the good work.
Kevin,
On behalf of all of us; thank you for your hard and creative effort for the event! Great job!
Bummer, I get the sound but no visual. Time for a new computer I guess...
Kevin,

Sorry I'm having trouble getting it on my site. For some reason it stalls during uploading. I'll get it yet!

Clyde
That's the spirit!

P
Great video - sorry that I havn't responded to this thread sooner, but I've been away from my PC for a visit to Sweden to run the Stockholm Marathon. I noticed a pic of me in a SJ in the video from my webpage, that's great !! :)

Cheers

Robin
Uh Kevin...

My wife and I are cursing your name. That video is so bloody adictive it is not to be believed. Roslyn is probably thinking his site is attracting all these people, no it is me avery half hour or so, looking again at this great piece of work.

Do I have permission to download it from somewhere, and include it with my comercial and Pastor Clyde's teaser in my publicity kit?
Kevin and magicformagicians.info

Well Kevin, We had some trouble with the link, but it should be up ON THE WEAR page by this time tomorow, we're hopeful!

Perry
Cliff....LOL, I feel the same way and I have seen it well over 100 times by now.

Here is a link where you may be able to download it. Is is only there for 7 days or for several downloads...
http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1YJQ42BWMBZ2J1TIUPZSEM3LLJ

Download it...watch it once or twice and get some sleep...LOL

Feel free to post it on your site as well.

Kevin
Hi Guys

Kevin, I didn't get your message in time to send you footage in a different format, I thought I wouldn't be there. But you managed to sort it out anyway, well done and thank you!

The video looks great, I love the choice of music, its actually a song I have thought of using for a video myself in the past, I use it in my show already, guess I can't use it for a vid though now :(

Thanks for doing this for everyone. I am certainly not the first to say that it is appreciated.

Cheers

David
I got the download, thanks again.
Cliff...glad you got it.

I hope everyone enjoyed the video. After the WEAR event...I would like to have footage of everyone and I'll make alonger even more intense video, showcaasing every escape done that day!

Lets make sure to focus on the positive during these odd days.

Kevin
Hi again Kevin,

You did ask for more videos, so I will ask if you ever got mine. Intense it is not. Mild and benign is more what it is. It was thrown together quickly and filmed by students, but I did send it to you and you can use it if you want.
Cliff....Yes I did get it after the video was done. What I am talking about now is the actual escape for the wear event...make sure you shoot video of it.

Kevin
I have posted the video to my website on "The News" page with a special section on WEAR. A section that I will expand a bit closer to time. Thanks.
Kevin,

That video is a real winner! I will be putting it on my web site soon. Thank you very much! This is just the thing we need to whip us to the next level.

Onward and upward!

Yours,

Paul
Paul...
I'm glad you enjoyed the video. Please let us know when the video is up at your site as well as a link to it.

Kevin
Hi Kevin, just got the DVD of WEAR promo. Fantastic! you have done a great job on it and seems you have spend hours getting it all edited. Fine job and thank you.
Great music also.

Ian
I just saw the promo for the first time. It's been put together quite well! Kevin, you should be proud.

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)
Matt and Ian...
Glad you both enjoyed it.

Kevin