(Close Window)
Topic: What trick to do? ?
My boss asked me to do some trick at a job party
I said I mostly do children and workaround. But he wanted med to do something in front of about 20 people sitting on different tables in the room.
Some tricks I have planed to do to make it funny is:

D-lites
Professorís nightmare (with fiber cables since we are a telecommunication team)
An easy escape from rope thing
Bill inn kiwi.

Someone have nice tips for this special setting?
If I get tips fast I can buy something if you can highly recommend anything.
Also take tips about non-comedy trick.

But for this time I need tricks that I can learn in a week :P

I will love every tip :D

Jonas
Why not Practice a Trick that you Already know how to do. D-Lites can Be Good also the Bill in Kiwi sounds like it will be worth Doing. You could also combine both tricks mentioned. You can start off with the D-lite the go on to the Kiwi.
Yes I had that it mind. But I am also intresting in more that I possible can twist in. As a comedy part or a magic part.

Thanks

[quote]
On 2005-06-04 09:11, The Donster wrote:
Why not Practice a Trick that you Already know how to do. De-Lites can Be Good also the Bill in Kiwi sounds like it will be worth Doing. you could also combine both tricks mentioned. you can start off with the De-lite the go on to the Kiwi.
[/quote]
Dick Stoner's Grave Mistake is a great comedy prop/story. Not really a trick, but a great visual joke with a killer punchline. Easy to do, packs small and plays big!
Hey .. that was really a good one. I will try that I think:D
Hi Jonace,

Since telecommunication is basically "information traveling from one place to another", I would definitely do a mental effect for this group. You know, a spectator's thought traveling (or "telecommunicating") from their mind to yours. I don't know what your skill level is, but even the Invisible Deck would be great for this. It can be made funny and is really strong. The trick I would do though is the "Egg Beater" trick. It fits in PERFECTLY with the "telecommunication theme" and is hilarious. It's also very easy to do and you can get the few things you need for it (if you don't already have them) from most department stores for just about $10. Basically, a spectator sends the thought of a card to the entire crowd and, on the count of three, they all yell out the name of it. The spectator has no idea how they know and it's great. I've done this for 20 people and 500 people and it always gets a great reaction. You could use a presentation of "I'm going to show all of you how telecommunication REALLY works!" And then you go into the routine. If you don't know it, and are interested, let me know, or maybe someone can point you in the right direction to find where it's written up. Take care!

Chad
There are inexpensive versions of Mental Epic available. This always makes a strong impression upon a group of "thinkers". :)