(Close Window)
Topic: Nice place you have here!
Although I have posted a few things here and there on the board, I thought I would introduce myself "formally".

I am Bro! aka BroDavid. I got started in Magic about 10 years ago, but only for a couple of years, and now I am back in it again. :hmm:

I originally physically built (as in manufactured) a number of effects for Hampton Ridge Magic. And performed very little. But since geting back into it, although I am working on a number of my own original effects, I find performing much more rewarding now than I ever did before.

I almost exclusively do Street Magic now as a tool for Christian Evangelism. I could go on with more here, but I will go on enough on various topics later, that I will hold up for now.

Thanks to Steve and all those who post here and who make this board a kinder, friendlier kind of Place!

BroDavid

If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
[i]Welcome[/i] to [b]The Magic Cafe[/b], I know you will really enjoy the time you spend with us! :dancing:
Welcome David :angel:

It is our pleasure to have you with us :bg:

:devilish:
:bunny: Hi BroDavid! :bunny:

Welcome to the "Magic Cafe"

This is like sooooooo cool, :heehee: :bg:

You are like going to soooooooo love it here.

:love: :kisses: :love: :kisses: :love: :kisses:

This is like the best thing (Well... okay 2nd best thing :blush: ) you could have done. :rotf: :goof: :rotf: :goof: :rotf:

You'll be soooooo happy here, :yippee:

You'll want to keep coming back again and again and again :crazydude:

And, that's okay, cause we're here 24/7 :wow:

There's alway's someone here for you to talk too. :nod:

So get out there and start posting. :bwink:

:) :D :P :cool: :smiletear: :baby: :vcool: :comply: :shucks: :yikes: :blackeye: :bear:

We can't wait to hear from you. :wavey:

:bigdance: :dance: :banana: :bigdance:

Mya :cuteangel:
Welcome to the CAFE !!!!!

:wavey: :dance: :dancing: :yippee: :bigdance: :banana: :bunny: :dance: :wavey:
Welcome David, so what kind of stuff did you manufacture for Hampton Ridge? :bigsmile:
Welcome David!

:cuteangel:
Welcome to the Magic Cafe' BroDavid.

I've seen a couple of your posts out there already, and look forward to hearing more of your views.

Scott ;)
Welcome aboard. As you will disccover, this is a great place to be. Enjoy your time here.

-Marty
Welcome Bro! What an interesting background. I hope we can talk more as you get settled into the Cafe.
You will love it in here

:magicrabbit:
Welcome Bro!

Christian evangalism is a great vehicle to show your magic! WELCOME! :magicrabbit:
[quote]

On 2001-12-28 04:11, Bernard Sim wrote:

Welcome David, so what kind of stuff did you manufacture for Hampton Ridge? :bigsmile:

[/quote]

I did a LOT of the prototyping for them in their early years. I would build a few of some items that were low volume, or a lot of some things if Dave couldn't find someone to do it cheaper.

I built Dan Harlan's Color Mixer for quite

awhile, and did a number of Gimmicked Card effects that I don't even remmber the name of. Seems like there was always something we needed to print, or silk screen, or photoprint or something. And I did the Sorcerer's Coffin Matchbox effect, which is probably the only thing that had my name attached to it. :vgoofy:

But Dave moved Hampton Ridge from Akron, Ohio down to West Va, and a short time later, someone broke in, all my Magic was stolen from storage, so I just lost interest in magic.

I did have some fun back then, building and playing with all the new stuff that came along, and I only performed when I wanted to, in Bars for drinks and tips.

Now I have a lot more fun performing with a purpose. And I am again working on a number of effects and gimmicks (for my own use).

Thanks for asking, friend. I haven't thought about some of that stuff in a long time.

:dizzy:

BroDavid

If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Welcome to The Cafe, Bro!!!!!!!

Glad you finally found us!!

Bengi :wavey:
BroDavid,

Pleased to make your aquaintance.

I appreciate your ideas on magic.

In good spirit,

Jon
Welcome abaord, Bro.

Looking forward to all that you have to bring to the discussions.

cheers,

Peter Marucci

showtimecol@aol.com :wavey: