(Close Window)
Topic: Pringles Chips
Okay, so I haven't come up with a routine, or even and idea or plot...but... As I finished my 2 tubes of pringles, I noticed how magical of a prop they look...Now I got 2 pringles tubes sittin in front of me..I know they can be used for something.... Any ideas? Plots? Stories? I dono..?

Durgy
I think I once heard somewhere that they were good for dice stacking.
I did a lot of search and I found that the smaller pringles cans can be used as a chop cup. Even though I read this at like 4 am yesterday, I was so excited I got up and tested it with the bigger pringles can I had sitting on my desk, and unfortunately it didn't seem to work as a chop cup...Maybe it has to be the smaller pringles cans? Or perhaps its my chop cup balls?

Any other ideas?

Durgy
The little ones could be used for dice stacking, but I can't imagine how one would do it and have it make sense. Maybe to stack sugar cubes impromptu. LOL

We used to make cannons out of tennis ball cans. Maybe you could make a cannon with pringles cans and shoot a flaming tennis ball over the heads of your audience?

Vandy
[quote]
On 2005-06-15 17:21, Vandy Grift wrote:
The little ones could be used for dice stacking, but I can't imagine how one would do it and have it make sense. Maybe to stack sugar cubes impromptu. LOL

We used to make cannons out of tennis ball cans. Maybe you could make a cannon with pringles cans and shoot a flaming tennis ball over the heads of your audience?

Vandy
[/quote]

hahehheh And "shoot a flaming tennis ball over the heads of your audience" makes sense.

Giant 'Steel Ball and Tube' w/ a potato. Nawww. heheh

How about some kind of switch from empty to full of chips.
Would make a snack for kids.
Too bad the pringles cans don't stack on top of each other. otherwise I would surely make a cup and ball set with one can as a chop cup. would make a killer and pretty original routine... final load could be chips as stated before and in other posts...or how bout a potato? makes sense...

ok...im starting to get addicted to this forum... I'm in between dinner n desert...gotta go back for desert..be back soon!

durgy
I once cut a hole in a Pringles can and used it as a Zombie Ball
They hold three giant spring snakes and don't look as suspicious as the snake cans you get at the novelty store.
Martin Lewis has a routine using a Pringles can on Making Magic 1 I believe. Could also paint one black with white ends and have spring wands shoot out.

Joe
You can take one Pringles cans and open both ends, construct a divider, use a cap at either end and you have a very useable exchange tube. (Of course, you may need to cover the tube with a decorative paper or spray paint it.)

Another idea is to procure one can each of the several varieties of Pringles and use them in a multiple out kind of effect where you show that you predicted in advance which flavor would be selected.

One of the newer Pringles packaging has writing on each chip. Perhaps an enterprising Magician/Mentalist can come up with a routine capitalizing on this...?
I don' know if this is what you are looking for or not? Daytona magic have Pringle Chips can and coke bottle trick called Silkola.

http://www.daytonamagic.com/General%20Magic/G16.htm#SILKOLA%20(CHIPS%20VERSION)
Years ago, when I had no money and I was a kid, I made a PASSE BOTTLE with two of those and soda cans instead of a bottle.