(Close Window)
Topic: Concealments by Steve Santini
Hi guys, here's my latest review of escape manuscripts. This one has been around for a while, since 2001 infact, yet after a quick search there didn't seem to be much about it so I thought I'd write something.

The first thing I noticed with this manual is that they are extremely hard to get hold of. I only recently managed to get my hands on this copy through eBay. If you ask Steve nicely he may have a few knocking about the place.

When I first opened the book I thought that this was going to be just another Santini offering. How wrong was I?

Norm Bigelow said, "just one of these ideas is worth more than the price of this entire book!"

And he was far from wrong.

This book is far better than anything he has written before or since. After fully reading the info contained within I have never been so happy about the lack of them that are about. This is the type of stuff you don't want anyone else to know.

This book will teach you how to hide picks, keys and other tools of the escape trade in places you never thought possible.

This stuff is essential knowledge for anyone planning on performing challenge escapes, but even if you just want to add a single escape to your existing magic act you really can't go wrong with this book.

Santini guides the student through the manuscript with excellent written instructions and fantastic photographic illustrations.

If you see one, GET IT! The price you pay for this will be far less than what its really worth.

If you happen to also have Interchange (also by Steve Santini and still available from http://www.ealib.org) you will have some of the most killer escape knowledge you could ever hope to learn.

Also, if you were lucky enough to get some of Mike Sanfords micro keys you will be able to apply the knowledge found in Concealments and Interchange to produce many great escape effects.

Enjoy.

Roslyn Walker
Is this Steve Santini the same Santini from Canada?
Yes. That's the guy.

Ros
Hi Ros, good on ya getting a copy! Here is the earliest post I could find on Concealments, it is from the much missed (around here) Joe Marotta. It is the VERY first post I remember reading here at the Café.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=4832&forum=18
What is Interchange about ? and Ros Excellent Review. but if this Keeps up I might have to borrow the Books from you.
You gotta love the www.com, It seems the name Santini is on every message board these days.
My name is too.

As is Steve Baker, David Straitjacket, Pastor Clyde, Morgan, Wolflock, Richard Silmser, Mark Tripp...

Need I go on?
Www.com?????
Don,

Basically Interchange teaches you how to modify certain keys so they will open restraints that they shouldn't be able to open.

So you see by using the knowledge in both books you'll be able to create some awsome stuff.

I plan on doing a review of this book too within time.

Ros
Some of you know the different materials I have bought and traded for. The classic book "Concealments" was a Christmas gift from my wife and lead me to the conclusion that one should endevor to think and create for themselves instead of be what John Scarne referred to as "catalog men". It also started me in an effort to record and preserve my own similar works and ideas.

When I recieved concealments I was shocked and amazed that several of the escapes had been accomplished by myself with different and yet very similar methods and angles of attack,and several methods of my own were discarded in favor of the new and better methods. The types I could not ace on my own were revealed, and the missing peices of knowledge were incorporated or I knew to scrap my ideas and incorporate the new ones. At that one moment in time I had all of the missing peices, and a solid foundation to use for a lifetime of nearly unexplainable escapes.

If any copies of Concealments do surface, I would think one should consider double the original marketed price to secure one.

I look to the future in say 5-10 years and see this work trading on the secondary market at $200 and much higher, if any do surface.

Its my understanding that there were just barely enough of these printed for a core group of magicians and escape artists, and they are also in demand by the handcuff community as well.

I don't have interchange but If one was to read the contents list you will see that you can't get that kind of info anywhere else.