(Close Window)
Topic: Comedic Escape Routine
I am working on a full escape show with everything themed towards comedy. Example: escaping from a straight jacket in the world's record but takes significantly longer... 100 ft rope escape starting with a spool of thread...Ha Ha Ha... Is there any such material that I can use for reference and assistance?? I have working knowledge of HOW most escapes are accomplished and perform most of them. I need a little guidance on routining effects together, etc... Thanks in advance for any suggestions... JPV
You may want to have a look at books regarding comedy and performance rather than looking at escape related books.

If you can get hold of a copy of Loki's lecture notes on performance then that may be a good place to start. You can get in touch with him through http://www.loki.uk.com/.

I hope this helps.

Ros
Simon Lovell does a comedy straight jacket escape that is hilarious and uncopiable because his personna is just so strong. It includes Punch and Judy and a shark. I've seen it half a dozen times live and still roar with laughter every time.

It can at least help you to see a very original approach and may get the juices flowing.
Thanks for the tips. It looks as though I don't have much to work with reference wise. I keep all posted if anyone is interested on how it works out. If anyone wants more specific details on escapes w/humor just shoot me a PM. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated. JPV
Do a strait jacket escape and say " I learned this from the hospitle."
Stephen Bargatze does the best comedy escape routine I have ever seen...I like it better than Simon Lovells personally...