(Close Window)
Topic: Scenting the napkin rose...
Does anyone know where to get the rose oil that you can use to scent a paper rose?
In all honesty, I haven't yet started looking around because I figured I would ask you all first ;)

Thanks so much,

a.
I get mine from a natural foods store. Walmart has a watered down version I have seen, in the cosmetics section, but the scent doesn't seem to be as strong. Hope this helps.
Alym
No matter what oil, spray, or scent you buy someone will be alergic to it, so I reccomend breath spray, I have not found anyone alergic to that stuff yet, and it leaves you with kissing sweet breath too.
Al
Where can you get rose scented breath spray?!
You got me there, I just buy something that smells sweet. Don't you like a peppermint, or cinnimon smelling rose? hahaha
less than perfect
Al
Al - That's a funny idea to scent the napkin roses with breath spray.

I usually just do the joke where I say, "The really cool thing is if you smell the rose..." and I hold the rose up for them to smell. After they smell the napkin rose, I continue with, " it smells just like a napkin!" This always gets quite a big laugh.

If you're still looking for rose scented oils, here are a few places where you might find the rose oil...

1. The Body Shop - located in most shopping malls.
2. Bed, Bath and Beyond
3. Bath and Body Works
4. Crabtree & Evelyn

There are rose oils which are more concentrated and then rose scented body sprays. The rose oils are usually more concentrated and come in a smaller dropper bottle. If you go with one of these, you might want to invest in a perfume atomizer bottle to help you spray the oil. The scented body sprays are harder to find but almost always come in a spray bottle which is more convenient.

Whatever you do, make sure you carry these in a Ziploc bag! The last thing you want is for the bottle to leak in your case or on your clothes. The oils are VERY strong so make sure you use them sparingly.

Have fun!

Michael Mode
Making paper roses at tables some 15 yesrs ago, I first got the idea when a woman who I had just given the rose to, took out a small spray perfume and scented it. I give her the credit for an original thought and it seemed not to matter what the perfume scent was. She just smiled and held it for me to smell.

~michael
I'm curious about the oil. Doesn't the oil leave a somewhat visable dark mark on the napkin that can't be removed? Unless it's a spray, but I'm still concern about the possible stain. I prefer to use just regular cologne, any scent. Polo Blue is one the all of my spec love.
Found my small vile at the nearest healthfood store. They sell a lot of different types of oils for various purposes. I think I paid about $5, 5 or 6 years ago and still have most of it left as it goes a long way. Just one quick flip of the bottle with your finger held to the opening will last you 2 or 3 hours, and it just gets applied as you're forming the rose.

It's funny how many ladies go to smell it without thinking, just after you hand it to them.

By the way, no stains that I've ever noticed.
This seems like the way to go to me...

[quote]
"The really cool thing is if you smell the rose..." and I hold the rose up for them to smell. After they smell the napkin rose, I continue with, " it smells just like a napkin!"
[/quote]
I put my napkins in an airtight container/bag with one of those solid flower scented room air freshers - it works great
[quote]
On 2005-07-05 20:45, mk wrote:
I put my napkins in an airtight container/bag with one of those solid flower scented room air freshers - it works great
[/quote]Great idea!
I love that idea.
For my Black roses, I use concentrated dead skunk scent. It just kills. All my spectators say that they will never forget it . Hmm I wonder why my tips have gone down ??
Tips what tips, with roses like that you are more likely to clear the room. ha ha ha
Al
I found rose oil in a kiosk at a shopping mall that also sold incense. You might check there. I apply the oil by putting a bit on my finger then smearing it on the napkins then putting them in a zip lock baggie. And yes, it does stain a bit, but I think the stain eventually disapates. Even if not, the stain is undetectable after the napkin has been rolled into a rose. I like the idea of a spritzer though.

yours,
Scott
[quote]
On 2005-07-05 20:45, mk wrote:
[/quote]

That's a great idea MK. Do you mind if I share it with others? I will of course give you permission.

Michael mode