(Close Window)
Topic: Extreme Rubber Band Magic - Joe Rindfleisch
At last a DVD with rubber band magic!
Im looking for a review!!!

See details here:
http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2212
Yeah the dvd has been released. it has some great material on it. if you guys would like to purchase the dvd from me I would greatly appreciate the support.
You can email or Pm me.
thanks, Joe Rindfleisch
Joe is the KING of rubber band magic.
[quote]
On 2005-07-05 23:37, Rindfleisch wrote:
Yeah the dvd has been released. it has some great material on it. if you guys would like to purchase the dvd from me I would greatly appreciate the support.
You can email or Pm me.
thanks, Joe Rindfleisch
[/quote]

Du you accept PayPal?
Yes I do !!
What is your paypal email address?

Michael
jrindfleisch@comcast.net
it it 34.95 + shipping
I also have lecture notes and some effects
pm or email me for more info.

Joe Rindfleisch
What is the cost of shipping to New York?

Michael
I don't have the DVD yet , but I can tell you I have seen a lot of Joe's rubber band magic live and up close. It's all killer stuff. Buy this DVD today!
Except for "Crazy Man's Handcuff's" I am not familiar with rubber band magic. If I am just starting to learn rubber band magic, is Extreme Rubber Band Magic a good place to start or is the DVDs on rubber band magic by Dan Harlan? Are the DVDS by Dan Harlan more for beginners in rubber band magic and Extreme Rubber Band Magic DVD more advanced?

Thank you very much.

Michael
Mr. Rindleisch:

I sent you a PM and payment for your DVD. I am looking forward in watching it.

Michael
I read the description but it seems that the broken and restored band is done A LOT!!
Are they different everytime or just variations?
[quote]
On 2005-07-07 10:20, magicinsight wrote:
Except for "Crazy Man's Handcuff's" I am not familiar with rubber band magic. If I am just starting to learn rubber band magic, is Extreme Rubber Band Magic a good place to start or is the DVDs on rubber band magic by Dan Harlan? Are the DVDS by Dan Harlan more for beginners in rubber band magic and Extreme Rubber Band Magic DVD more advanced?

Thank you very much.

Michael
[/quote]
Dan's DVDs are good for beginners but I don't know about Joe's new DVD. You might also want to take a look a Elastrix vol. 1&2.
The broke and restored are differnet methods. all of them are very visual.

Joe Rindfleisch
When the DVD will be available???ready to ship?
Simon
My copies are in transit and I will shipp them out as soon as I reieve them. Of course you can always purchase it from other dealers or L&L Publishing directly.

Joe Rindfleischb
I recieved my copies yesterday and shipped out the dvd's to everyone who purchased from me so far. I want to thank you for your support.
I'm looking forward to your input.

Joe Rindfleisch
Message: Posted by: Alejandro Peterson (Jul 15, 2005 05:42PM)
I received mine yesterday and is great I mean amazing!!
Any favorite tricks Alejandro? This dvd will most likely be my next purchase. I love rubberband magic.
Message: Posted by: Alejandro Peterson (Jul 16, 2005 12:58PM)
Well, if you love rubber band magic just take your credit card and buy it, the dvd is amazing and you will see, restorations, penetrations, trasportations, rubber bans disapearing and more, my favorite is a rubber band link under imposible circunstances, the spectator hold one rubber band with both hands like in the crazy mand hand cuffs effect, the magician hold the other one and link the bands, looks imposible and the reactions are great, but the dvd have a lot of rubber band effects that are really strong, my highest recommendation!
Good dvd some knew and cool effects that are perfict for the real world.
I have, "Extreme Rubber Band Magic," by Joe Rindfleisch - lots of wonderful effects and the explanations are clear. Although I haven't worked through the whole dvd, the effects I have seen are practical and useful, and most of the them can be learned by magicians at all skill levels.
I use rubber band effects for kids and impromptu. Carry a few bands with you and you are all set.
I learned my initial rubberband magic from Michael Ammar's "Classic Renditions vol. 2" a year or so ago (which by the way, has a very good overview on CMH).

I also like "Pinnacle", and have been practicing some other ring and rubberband effects by Daniel Garcia from "Next" (his lecture notes).

I received BandShark by Dan Harlan for my birthday by a friend of mine although I haven't jumped into any of the material yet.

I am interested in learning more about rubberband magic but is "Extreme Rubber Band Magic" by Joe Rindfleisch too complicated for a relative novice rubber band practitioner? If not, would you recommend I work through BandShark prior to investing in ERBM?

Thanks,
Steve
I got a question about fillers in this DVD, but: No, I don't think the DVD includes any "fillers", most of the 35 effects are very good. Every single effect is worth practising, they are real tricks for real life!
Some effects are very extreme and some are hard to master.
If you like rubber band magic don't miss this DVD.
This is quality magic !
One question, why are so many of these DVD's being sold in the DVD For Sale section. That's kind of curious so soon after the launch. I could assume they learned what they needed and are now selling it, but there do seem to be quite a few doing it.
[quote]
On 2005-08-09 14:00, n3cromanc3r wrote:
why are so many of these DVD's being sold in the DVD For Sale section
[/quote]
My own assumption is that people buy it, rip it, and sell the original.
This DVD is excellent !
The only downside for my performance is that a lot of tricks need a handful of bands around the wrist. For casual performance like I do, it is a little downside.
I am more like "Ho a rubber band, let me show you a trick...."
But tricks are so powerful that I just need to have those band on wrist :)

Nicolas
Excellent DVD,

Got it last week, I'am watching some of it at least daily.
Yes, it's a very good dvd. I love rubberband magic. I have all of Dan Harlan's rubberband dvd's. My favorites include the Jo-Dan link followed by doing it on a spectator's hand. Killer!! I've done Bar Band, Smarty Pans, the one with the linking pin.. so much magic you can do with rubberbands. Of course, it compliments well with Crazy Man's handcuffs. Definitely a whole lot of material to use.

If you guys don't like having too much rubberbands on your wrist, I usually wear a long sleeve shirt. It covers up pretty well. :)
I am so happy that people are enjoying the material, thank you all for your kind words.

Nice Comment VcosNJ about the sleeves that can provide great cover when performing effects that utilize the camouflage principle.

Joe Rindfleisch
Yep, sleeves make it easier to do the camouflage. And Reindfleisch, you're the man! I love your dvd. I hope to see more of your work.
3 more DVDs to be released!! I think louis (L&L Publishing) wants to spread them out. 1 Dvd on coins (around 34 effects)and 2 dvd's on card magic. I've packed a lot of effects into the dvd's because I want people to feel that their getting their money's worth.

Joe Rindfleisch
[quote]
If you guys don't like having too much rubberbands on your wrist, I usually wear a long sleeve shirt. It covers up pretty well. :)
[/quote]

Thanks VcosNJ for the tips !
Now that we are in summer, I don't wear long sleeve so I didn't tough of this :)
I am happy to hear that it work.

This DVD is a must buy, don't hesitate one second !!
Thank Joe Rindfleisch sharing your work.

Nicolas
I recently received this DVD. I have never watched or learned rubber band magic before. I was extremely impressed with the variety and impact of the multitude of effects performed and explained by Mr. Rindfleisch. There is a lot of material to absorb and it will take patience and practice to master these effects but your audience will certainly be amazed and entertained by these very strong and unique effects. I highly receommend this DVD even for those who are novices to rubber band magic.

Michael
I don't hype every DVD that I see, but this DVD delivers. If you want to learn amazing rubber band tricks, this is the DVD. There is a lot of quality, quantity, and variety on this DVD. This has to be L&L's best release in a while.

Joe does a good job performing them (seems to be a very nice guy) and the explanations are quite good. But buy this DVD for the material. Unbelieveable stuff on this DVD. A++++
Hmm, good recommendations. I like rubber band magic. Probably buy it.
What size rubberbands do you find best for the T&R effects? It seems that the bigger bands work better. Can anyone share their experiences, please?
Again, I am just so happy by all the positive feedback thank you all for your kind words.

I use Staples size 19

Joe Rindfleisch
Joe,

Thanks. You rock. I'm looking forward to your future video releases.
This DVD is really packed full of amazing stuff and Joe has really innovated rubberband magic and has taken it to whole new levels.

Joe,
I am extremely excited to hear about your upcoming DVD's - I know that they'll be awesome and well worth it.

For anyone that hasn't seen Joe live : He is an extremely talented performer and creator. He is not just a wunderkind limited only to his rubberbands. He will amaze you with all of his close-up.
Absolutely incredible rubber band material.
It arrived today.

I watched it when I got home.

Now I'm not someone who watches for 5 minutes then posts a review, I watched the whole DVD and thought it over as I bought it especially as I want to put together a workable rubber band routine.

I can honestly say that I am HIGHLY disappointed, definately THE worst DVD I have purchased.

There is not one thing that I will do from the DVD. The so called 'Extreme' rubber band magic refers to a bunch of crappy gag effects that aren't worth anything, several of the effects on there are old tricks with no real added value.

I highly recommend anyone considering this DVD - buy something else, perhaps the Harlan tapes / DVD's ?

Sorry Joe, just stating my opinion!

Gary
An advice to you Gary. Just make the little effort of learning ONE trick off that dvd, go perform it for laymen and see the reactions. Joe has been even known to fry magicians with those same tricks. Please give his tricks a chance and you won't feel sorry.

BM
Well I know plenty of rubber band effects and perform them regularly, but none of the effects on this DVD came close to achieving the wow factor.

Gary
NOT SO! Check out ultimate jump - it's the one similar to across the great divide - it is not only a perfect opener but never fails to drop jaws! it looks like "real magic" and can be introduced as such! for me at least it beats CMH and others out of the water... it looks absolutely impossible...
As a matter of courtesy and respect, I am going to watch the DVD over tonight and see if I can grab something out of it.

I will post a secondary review tomorrow, but I'm not saying my views will change!

As a creator of magic myself, I know how important reviews and opinons are!

Gary
I use 5 routines from Joes DVD and they work excellent in real life :)
Regarding rubber band magic; I actually watched Scott Hitchcock do an actual routined and themed rubber band act. The premise was clever and flowed nicely and built to an effective climax. Nice to see a decent presentation reather than just a series of puzzles.
How does this compare with Dan Harlan's material?
Just wondering if Gary ever changed his opinion...
It was getting a little heated for a moment huh Django. I have not seen it but I trust Al Angelo's opinion and JosephKerr as well.
[quote]
On 2005-08-11 10:46, Rindfleisch wrote:
3 more DVDs to be released!! I think louis (L&L Publishing) wants to spread them out. 1 Dvd on coins (around 34 effects)and 2 dvd's on card magic. I've packed a lot of effects into the dvd's because I want people to feel that their getting their money's worth.

Joe Rindfleisch
[/quote]
Just saw your Extreme Coin Magic DVD on sale at L&L and it rocks. It includes two and a half hours of mind-bending coin magic with 27 different items! According to L&L descrpition, this dvd not only has brand-new plots, exciting twists on classic effects, but also innovative sleights, dodges and stratagems that are guaranteed to satisfy and warm the heart of coin workers everywhere.