(Close Window)
Topic: Hi, I'm new too.
How is it going? (already this sounds like a letter to a 13 year old girl) I just found out about this place from my best friend. He comes here a lot, and I had to come see what the buzz was about. I'm a close up magician, and I love it. Been performing for longer than I can remember. So a few quick things about me...

TURN OFFS

I'm hoping that this place isn't as silly as the rest of the littler boards out there. One thing I can't stand about boards is that people stroke each others ego like a petting zoo, or, (my least favorite), when people wax intellectual about magic and theory, when if they took time to actually read a book or two they would realize most of this stuff has been thought of/done/essayed/written down already and we'd all grow smarter together. At least, that's my idea, and someone has probably already written that one down too. Then again, I forget who said it, but they said if you don't want anyone to do your material, put them in print. I love that. (I should have put that in 'Turn Ons' section).

TURN ONS

I love magic. I want you to fool me. I really do. And I'm not the type that is gonna sit there after you are done and tell you want a great second deal you have or whatever. I will take it for what it is, and enjoy it.

I like other things outside of magic, like rock music, and have had the pleasure of performing and befriending many great (to me) independent rock bands and artists. I like it...A WHOLE LOT.

I also like taking my daughter to the train tracks on saturdays or skipping stones in the creek. Of course, the temptation to vanish said stone is really strong.

And I like pina coladas. Oh, and getting caught in the rain.

Nice to meet you. :)
Welcome to the Café. this is the best forum I've ever been on. Not only will you find people who like rock music. :band:
Welcome,
There's some of your "Turn offs" here but overall there's a lot of good suggestions and ideas.

If something turns you off just pass it by.

Enjoy,
Hi,

What a cool 'I'm here' message.

I think you'll fit right in. My tip is get your 50 posts, have a look in the Secret sessions & read the 'Howie Diddits'. You may need some coffee though.

Anywhoo welcome
Thanks very much, guys. I look forward to the interactions!
Welcome to the Café!
Hi Karbon Kid,

Welcome! I really enjoyed reading your introduction and look forward to reading your future post. The Café has a membership of over 20,000 members from aprox 90 different countries. Makes for really interesting conversations from a wide range of people. Don't hesitate to post or ask a question of your own as it's a friendly place. No matter what the age or the experience it's magicians helping magicians and egos are checked at the door. Have fun!
Welcome to [b]The Magic Café[/b]!
(The [b]BEST[/b] magic web forum)
:coffee:
Welcome to the Café!