(Close Window)
Topic: Mondo Magic/Mindfreak
Now with Criss Angel on tv it made me think of Mondo Magic. What ever happened with that? Did they get cancled? Are they filiming a new season? Was their contract only for one season? I enjoyed Mondo Magic because they did a variety of different tricks every episode. Don't get me wrong, Mindfreak is great to watch, but I mean how many tricks does he do per episode? 3? Tonight on his Wine Barrel escape episode he floated a frisbee, did card thru window, a deja vu effect, and the wine barrel escape. I feel like more should go into the episode. And what was the point of showing the 2 failed attempts of the escape? They showed the 2 attempts and then went to comercial before the escape was pulled off. I know Criss can't be low on material so whats the deal here? Just some of my thoughts.

Jim
From the Genii interview with Criss's manager, it was made clear that they did not want to do twenty-one magic specials. They are attempting to present more of a behind the scenes view of a contemporary magic performer. They are trying to give the public a sense of who Criss is as a person in addition to him as a performer. It will be interesting to see if they succeed and what this will all mean to the magic community.
Mondo Magic was just a limited order of six or so episodes. I don't know if they are planning on a second season.
How many episodes of Mindfreak have they ordered? Is it really 21, as I read in your previous post? I worry that that is about a dozen too many.
[quote]
On 2005-07-28 00:32, Todd Robbins wrote:
From the Genii interview with Criss's manager, it was made clear that they did not want to do twenty-one magic specials.
[/quote]

;)

Jim
I loved mondo magic. I was much better than these because there seemed less to be stooges or camera edits. Mindfreak is often not even an effect, but more of a stunt show. It is frustrating anyway to see these lerger effects, because an amatuer magician has basically no way to do anything similar. I much prefer the street magic shows like mondo magic because with practice and knowledge many of the effects can be duplicated.
Message: Posted by: Michael J. Douglas (Aug 17, 2005 11:10PM)
Junkdz,

Why duplicate? Originate!

Best