(Close Window)
Topic: Norman Bigelow ?
Anyone know what the "The Great" Norman Bigelow is up to these days?
Message: Posted by: The Amazing Michael (Jul 29, 2005 03:33AM)
He is retired. His daughter is his official successor. I have also heard that he and his wife are making some escape artist items and selling them on the net. I ran into some of his locks while surfing the net last week. Mike
Actually beleive it or Not, Norm is planning a comeback. He's working on his new act which promises a newer version of the "Doors of Death" and he's scheduled to appear at the Cannon's EA convention 2006. He's got some other things in the works that I'm not really sure that I'm at liberty to divulge until I speak to him again, but rest assured that he hasn't completely hung up his strait jacket as of yet.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
This is good news Mr. Parisi! I'll be looking forward to seeing what Mr. Bigelow has in store for us all.

Jim
Also he and Thomas Blacke just came out with their new sack esccape.

Not to worry Flim-Flam, you'll be hearing quite a bit from him and his camp in the coming months.

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)
Matt 2 questions about the Sack Escape. 1 where can we getit/buy it and 2 how much is it ?. I know a few people were waiting on this.
Hi all. does anyone have any links to Norms locks and other bits and bobs??

Cheers,

Ros
I have some picks if anyone is interested. I'll post more later today.

Clyde
Hi Clyde,

Any info on the Bigelow sack and other items?

Cheers,

Ros
Ros,

No, I'll be talking with Norm later today. I'll see what I can find out.

Clyde
**Chanting Clyde Clyde Clyde lol,

Will be interesting.

P
Fantastic!!

I seem to remember that he's got another book coming out too. Shawn any news?

Take care,

Ros
For those of you that asked (Don and others) I apologize for the delay in my replying. I don’t get on to the café as much as I used to as early summer is my slow time but with Fall being one of my busiest I’ve been gearing up quite a bit. Anyway, now on to your questions…

Donster had asked: “Matt 2 questions about the Sack Escape. 1 where can we getit/buy it and 2 how much is it ?. I know a few people were waiting on this.”

1- You can buy it from Escape Masters. Just send a check/money order to:

Escape Masters
PO Box 19114
Johnston, RI 02919 USA

2- The cost is $95 plus $shipping and handling.

Personally I’ve never seen the sack in action so I’m unable to endorse it. But for those of you interested and are unaware then the following is the info on the sack. Enjoy!

“Sealed for Your Protection”
“Imagine being placed inside a large transparent bag on stage, which is then sealed on stage before the spectator’s eyes. The spectator then signs the bag with a marker, and the bag is examined to be totally closed, with no possible way to escape. A curtain is brought in to cover the bag, and in a matter of moments, you have made your escape! Sound good? Read on. Here’s the kicker! Not only have you made your escape out of the bag, but the bag is now examined by the spectator to still be completely sealed, with their signature still intact. The bag is now given to the volunteer as a souvenir of the escape.”

“The complete manuscript, with instructions and performing rights…”

I hope this helps.

Cheers!
-Matt (TK)
So do you get the actual bag or just the manuscript?

Cheers,

Ros
Well I spoke to the man who made the product with Norm today, Thomas Blacke, and he said that in order to keep the cost of the manuscript affordable the bag itself is not included. However, smaller samples ARE supplied with the manuscript in order to assure that you fully understand the workings of the escape.

To be frank, it would be foolish to include the bag since you have to make another one every time as it’s designed to be given out as a souvenir. Ergo, all it would do is increase the costs. Plus every bag is designed to fit your own size (is the EA short or tall, husky or thing, etc).

Just to reiterate, I’ve never personally seen this escape but I’ve always been a fan of much of Norm’s work and I can personally attest to the high caliber of several of Thomas’ other routines which I have had the opportunity to see. So should any of you own this product then I encourage your personal reviews here as well as what I’ve posted here.

Bye-the-by, in case anyone has any questions about Norm’s products in the future then there are really only two guys worth getting in touch with. The first being X-treem (if you’ve ever hung out in this section of the café before then you’re sure to know Sean) and the other is Thomas Blacke. From what I understand X-treem carries several manuscripts and as I recall he also used to have a video or two. Thomas pretty much holds all of the rights to the Norm’s items including the escapes as well as the manuscripts. So these guys are always going to be your main sources of Norm’s material.

When in doubt just check out your latest issue of Escape Masters. (You’re all members I hope… if not then it’s time to join. It’s priced way too low for any excuses!) Thomas Black (AKA-Tom Carrier) is head of Escape Masters so you’ll commonly see Norm’s products in the magazine’s pages (and from what I hear there’ll be some new ones coming out soon besides the bag).

Cheers,
-Matt (TK)