(Close Window)
Topic: Who is The Amazing Michael?
Message: Posted by: The Amazing Michael (Aug 1, 2005 08:43PM)
I see that one of The Amazing Zanzini's posts: "The Tug-of-War Escape-?" is posted with my name on it. I don't know if this was a misprint, a mistake, or if someone is trying to say something. I have also noticed that this "Zanzini" guy didn't start posting here until certian people started to attack me again.

Also, I know that the question was raised, even though it has since been deleated from this forum, of weather or not I am really someone else....namely someone who has been banned from this forum some time back and who's name is very similar to Zanzini. And yes, I am more than aware that The Amazing Zanzini sounds incredibly like a spin-off of my name and you-know-who's name put together. And Zanzini, if you are reading this and this is truly your stage name, then I am sorry for bringing this up....I really am.

But, just for clarification, I am publically stating that #1: I am The Amazing Michael #2 I do not post here under ANY other names #3 I am NOT the guy who has been banned from this forum #4 I am not The Amazing Zanzini #5 I have never (as of this writing or ever to my knowledge), spoke to The Amazing Zanzini on this forum, through a p.m., personal email, phone call, snail mail, text message, smoke signal, or any other communication medium known to man or beast #6 I can and will back up any claim made by yours truly on this forum, p.m., or private email, or the like #7 Harry Murphy has investigated me and has told me things about my private life that I have never spoke about on the net (proving that I am who I say I am) and if you do not believe me then please p.m. him and ask....(Harry, I am sorry to put you on the spot like this) #8 If anyone has any doubts as to any of this, please email me and I will be glad to meet any of you folks in person. I live in south/east Michigan and I am only about 2 hours drive from Colon Mi. (where Abbot's Magic Shop is).....so if any of you doubting EAs are up to it, come on down and see me in person. I hope I have cleared up a little bit of this for you. Best wishes to all, Mike
No one here should or will be put in the Dock.
No one has the right to castigate another in print. Your sensitivity has been used, take NO notice of any invisible people, they the unseen can not harm you in any way and through their cowardly action of concealment prove beyond doubt that they are in laymans terms P*R*A*T*T*S.

I took time out and money wasted a year or so ago when another idiot tried to rub me up the wrong way.
After investigation it was found that the said person was a non-performer with delusions of greatness who had done nothing of note within this art of escapology.
Treat with contempt and feel sorry for such sad folk.

All this make believe really isn`t important at all, is it!

Ken.

BTW, You have nothing to prove here.
Message: Posted by: The Amazing Michael (Aug 2, 2005 11:43AM)
Kondini, thank you. Words like these from a man of your reputation and calibre on an open forum says a lot. Thanks again, Mike
Message: Posted by: Steve Baker - Mr.Escape (Aug 2, 2005 12:01PM)
Well put Kondini,right on the mark!

Welcome to the "Under Fire" Club,Mike!

Steve Baker
I have had the opportunity to find out a little about our friend and have exchanged a few private emails with him. I honor his right to privacy and will not give out any of the information I know (full names, addresses, etc.) to anyone. If you want to know, then email Mike and ask directly. He is forthcoming, direct, and honest. I believe that you can trust what he is saying here.
Message: Posted by: The Amazing Zanzini (Aug 2, 2005 09:22PM)
Thank you Jim! You are a very astute man. You said it all right there!

The Amazing Zanzini
Interesting topic. Wouldn't it be far easier and more helpful to all to come on the board and say what your stage name is, then your real name and maybe a location or counrty. In cyber space, anyone can be anybody so just because someone says something is the truth, it might not be.

If there is someone which another suspects as being a phony, why bother replying!
Maybe some people should add more info to their profile so this type of stuff doesn't have to be gone over and over and over each time.

Ian
Now, That's logic in a nutshell. Let's hope it works. Good one Ian.
In the spirit of openness I state here and now that I am Bruce Thomson, my user name is Thorndyke cuz when I did perform magic that's what I called myself (My actual name isn't really cool sounding - although why I thought Thorndyke was better is anybody's guess). I am in Manitoba Canada and have a mundane job. I am priviledged to have known and met several EAs and look forward to meeting more. I have been gathering material on escape artists past and present for years and will continue to do so. My opinions are based on observation, assessment, and from time to time a very large grain of salt. I have come to realize that Houdini lied like a sidewalk and therefore so do others. I hope to meet with many of you at Cannon's gala escapology fest in october.
[Quote] I have come to realize that Houdini lied like a sidewalk and therefore so do others]

If this does not turn the lights on, then I don't know what will! I don't like to use the word lie, but Thorndyke has made a grand observation that is based on facts. I like to call it professional fibbing for promotion, and Houdini was a master at that game. This does not mean all claims are tales, but it shows that even the biggest names will every now and then create magic with mere words! I hope that Thorndykes post sends a clear message to all. It's time to stop pointing fingers, assuming the worst of intentions, making false assumptions and tearing down others, for no other reason than self attention! And you know what? Maybe, just maybe, some of those so called tales just may very well turn out to be true! I would recommend the next time you have a chance to see or hear the greats like Copperfield, Burton, Penn & Teller, Kreskin, you pay close attention. You will hear some interesting tales from time to time! Has anyone seen Criss Angel lately? One could learn a valuable lesson there. And how about Uri Geller? Has he not gotten away with bloody tales for years? OK, I'll stop now. But I hope you all are starting to get the picture. Not everything is as it seems, but not everything is flim-flam! How about everyone here at the Café wipe their plates clean and start treating everyone with common courtesy? Respect has to be earned yes? But does not a show of respect need to be given to be earned as well?

Jim McClain
Message: Posted by: The Amazing Zanzini (Aug 3, 2005 02:37PM)
You said it all right there Jim. Reality is a real butt kicker at times!!!

The Amazing Zanzini